1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Road America, Friday, 18 July 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Road America
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Alex Odell
    3. David Kingshott
    4. Campbell Wallis
    5. Daniel Linder
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. Hey, anyone know where i can get the Road America Track?

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

4. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

I'm in.

5. Hi Dennis. Please sign me up.. Sorry this will be my only race this week due to work, speak soon

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@David Kingshott don't forget to take a shot or two at the weekly Time Trial event :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium Member

I'll go in for this.

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Will there be a slot left for you at the last minute?
    You know you want it.

9. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

@Dennis Phelan

Sign me up!
    Im not a fan of these cars, but I have nothing better to do so :)

10. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

It's gonna be a quiet one!

11. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

So...

I had better pace than last week, but a few silly mistakes (including one where I was so nearly collected by Alex, above) put me back. Eventually dropped it at the Carousel and broke the rear suspension shortly after my pit stop, and being well over 30 seconds off the others by that point I decided there wasn't much sense continuing. Next week though, next week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It was a quiet one and Campbell did have a better lap! I even think Daniel still has a dislike for these cars.

I came in with a well tuned car and continued to refine it, For Quali it was feeling right nice. I need a good car, bad driver here!

I won the drag race to T1 but lost time in the corner, Daniel went wide in T2 so I ended up winning the race to T3 and held he and Joe off. Amazing, I held Daniel off for a few laps before making one of my classic, in the dirt mistakes and had to bust my butt to get back on his. That was just in time for me to make my early pit. Pit stop was purfect and when Joe came out of the pit I was ahead of him. This is where the early pit usually begins to fail me but it seemed to come together and laptimes did not grow and Joe was held back! When Daniel came out I also expected it to end , a lead but not much and still the car held together ans I could pull away from Joe. I had to give it my all for the entire distance, not used to that.

If I had not dropped to the outside dirt in that early lap it would have been a perfect race for me. I'll have to try again.

Thanks to all for coming out to race. Next week is a shorter track, maybe more will come. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Todays event wasn't much of an event at all. Not many sign-ups, but that is to be expected I guess, due to vacation and other hobbies.

Had a decent Q that made me grab the pole.

R1:
    Had awful start, felt like I was just standing on the spot even when I had the pedal to the metal. @Dennis Phelan passed me early on, but I were soon later able to pass him and grab the lead again. It was tight and close racing across the board thou.

Both Dennnis and @Joe Cannarozzo entered the pit, but I decided to stay out for a couple of more laps. Then came the moment when I had screwed up my pit menu. I entered the pit, and all of sudden my car died, and I saw on-screen "refueling" and at that moment I knew I had lost the lead. I had no idea I had fuel ticked :D

When my pit stop was done, I came out 6 seconds after Joe. I made a few mistakes, due to I only made 2 tire change. (rear end lost traction in certain corners) I manage to close the gap to 3 seconds. Gz to Dennis for grabbing the flag.

R2
    All had dropped out or was unable to race in race 2. It was just me and Joe. We raced like our lives was depending on it :D I had a lead for the most part, and when I saw that Joe went off, I simply just stopped and let him catch up.
    Joe passed me a few times, and it ended up with him grabbing the flag :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Heh, I was wondering what you guys were doing when I checked the server list and saw the Mini server in 2nd race :D Likely a checkmark too much while setting up the event ;)

15. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Yeah, anything is possible. Only Dennis knows. Or does he? ;)

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

:coffee:

17. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

One to forget for me. Dropped a wheel onto the grass on the outside of the Carousel on lap 2 which sucked me into the wall for a helping of race ending damage.

• Love Love x 1