1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Portimao - Friday September 30 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Remco de Wildt, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Required RACE 07 expansions:
    Class: Mini Cooper
    Track: Portimao
    Practice: 18:00 GMT
    Qualification: 18:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 18:50 GMT
    Race: 19:00 GMT - 80 minutes
    Password: click here

Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. Instead please join us on Teamspeak.
    Drivers are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
    If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video.

Signup List
    To signup simply reply in the thread below and chat away :)
    1. Remco de Wildt
    2. Istvan Milbich
    3. Wayne Hammond
    4. Bob Miley
    5. Arunas Linkevicius
    6. Sebastian Tasak
    7. Marco Bijl
    8. Peter Bartfai
    9. Tiggo Johnson
    10. Leif Bennett
    11. Andrii Melnykov
    12. Stuart Rinck
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
  2. :letsgoracing:
  3. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond

Sign me up please.
  4. Sign me up please and I must remember the early start.
  5. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Sign me in ;)
    I think that early start is good decision :)
  6. Sign me up
  7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

As it seems, I am going to be able to make this one. Let's hope work won't destroy my schedule :). Sign me up please.
  8. Me too please!
  9. Sign me up please, as maybe.Driver:Tiggo Johnson
  10. DR3D9

Banned on request @Simberia

sign me up please if its not too late to join.
  11. Server is up :)

Come on guys, great track and fun cars...

where are you all :)
  12. sign me up sign me up please if its not too late to join.
  13. Jump in Andrii :)
  14. Almost forgot to sign up, please.
  15. Maybe driving minis somewhere else like I did when Mini Friday went walkabout, I only noticed the change back last week when I logged on to check something else out. It may take a while to get them back.
  16. Sorry guys. Uninvited guest in my home :chat:. :frown:
  17. Very sorry, but I had Important cases. :frown:
  18. Oh man..

I started this event with one goal: to finish!
    Q: 3rd
    Race: Started well, could pass Arunas. Then I was chasing Remco, and after the first few laps I seemed to be able to close the gap a bit, but then I touched the outside before the left hairpin with that yellow curb! (the one before the second last turn on the track) Of course I spun right onto that curb, and as it's huge, of course my car turned over! I didn't know where I was then, I almost hit esc, but then the game flipped me back on my wheels and I saw a quick way to get off the track, while Bob was coming. Then I tried to chase Bob but my car seemed to be slower. Tbh I think the wheel tricked me a bit, sometimes I saw sudden movements on the ingame wheel when I was doing nothing, and my laptimes after a few laps suddenly became faster again... Well this wheel is already much older than the one I got this for as a warranty change, but I hope it won't die on me soon..
    So, I was chasing the 2 guys ahead me, as Remco seemed to get away very much. Then Bob passed Arunas and I started to chase him! About the half of the race passed and I got close to Arunas, then he disappeared. First I thought, "oh man he disconnected right before we could match"... then a thought came to my mind and I quickly checked in a straight... it wasn't he who disconnected...
    So after all the pushing to get back and fight for the podium, my internet connection ruins it all... I couldn't even get here to the forums within a few minutes.

Well, I hope all of you had fun! And of course thanks for the event!:)
  19. I was the last one from the very beginning. So I became a good target to ram me back after 1 lap difference was encountered. I got 2 or 3 hits, so I must have done something wrong unintentionally.

I didn't feel any damage from those minor rammings, but some time later I rammed a wall and lost my front wing. I managed to run like 10 laps with the lost wing till the fuel finished.

In the pit (24 laps) I made a mistake of changing only front tires but not back ones. So the car became very unstable when braking and my attempts to fix it by setting brake balance failed. So I decided to go to the pit again. I was too far back so I couldn't lose anything more by going to pit once again.

But when I was going to the pit lane I spun (because of instability caused by tires) and stuck near a wall, probably because a map glitch. So I waited for a few laps so everybody could see my misery and disconnected. 1h out ouf 1h 20min is a very good result for me.
  20. Apologies to Andrii for the hit. When I came round T1 a full speed and saw you crossing the track I thought you would stay right, but not quite right enough lol.

Was a great race and Congrats Remco and Arunas for the 1st and 2nd.

2 minute laps forever
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.