1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Porsche Leipzig, Friday, 27 March 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Björn, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Porsche Leipzig download here!
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Björn Golda
    2. John Grant
    3. Ivan Fojan
    4. Peter Ell
    5. Carlos De La Torre
    6. Alex Odell
    7. Damian Millet
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

2. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

3. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks
    Ivan Fojan Premium Member

Hi all,
    There's a very good chance I'll be able to make this event!
    I have to warn you I've had very little time for any practice, lol :) But I'll sign up, it will be my last chance till we've completed our move :)

4. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Sign me up please...:thumbsup:
    Hoping for two or three drivers yet.

5. Sign me up! :)

6. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Yes please

7. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

possibly , not sure if graphics card will hold out.

Damo :0)

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Carlos, are you going to be on teamspeak with them this afternoon? Most will be,it makes the racing better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Some good racing with a grid of 7 :)

Qualifying in pole, if I recall correctly, but some cycle-throughs to let in Carlos and allow Ivan back onto the starting grid mixed up the order quite a bit. Made for an interesting start though, and getting off the line early and then avoiding the L1 shenanigans, I was back in P1 soon.
    However, with Peter and Alex gaining time on me, there weren't many moments to relax - Peter finally reached my rear bumper, but seemingly refused to pass?
    We then went into what has to be most time-saving pitlane ever together, and got out a few seconds ahead of Alex after I had missed my garage.
    However, Alex did the same trick a lap later, so everything was back to normal for a while. I then screwed up the first chicane and went onto the grass for a few metres, which pretty much forced Peter to pass - he then let me by the next lap again, though...
    Towards the end of the race, Alex got closer and closer, but with Peter, who had went off and then into pits in the meantime, right behind him, he couldn't quite gain enough on me - P1 it was.

Thanks for racing everyone, TS was great fun and it seemed like everyone enjoyed their respective races a fair bit :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Peter Ell

Peter Ell

It was a great race...:thumbsup:

@John Grant , I hope you enjoyed this race and that it made you change your mind a little about your disappointment .:)

My intention today was not the first position, it was the joy and the fun... If this gives some answers to Bjorn.
    I'm not trying to disdain anyone, contrariwise, I needed this and I felt like the good old days.:sneaky:
    As always, I think that RD members are unique and respect worthy to me.

The battle with Bjorn was superb!!!:thumbsup: I hope you enjoyed it the same...

My first-time experience on TeamSpeak was great.
    It was really nice to hear your voices and what you were saying. My silence though, was a result of my unfortunate lack of English language knowledge. Probably I would cause "trouble" and confusion if I tried to speak . :confused:
    My posts are results from Google Translation and my Son's help. :cry: ( That's really unfortunate for me )

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Enjoyed that a lot. For a test track it was a lot of fun to race on. Usually testing circuits don't lend themselves to racing as their layouts are designed for different purposes. I got a good start but fell back through the first couple of corners. Eventually made it into third and got some clear air and caught up to John. I couldn't find a way by and Peter caught us both and overtook, and soon after I passed John too. Peter caught up to Bjorn whilst I pulled away from John and was on my own until the pit stops, where the curious layout means I actually gained 6 seconds on the leaders. I only too front tyres as I had hardly any wear, and with Peter and Bjorn battling I caught right up. Peter then spun leaving me to try and catch Bjorn. I was doing so but then Peter rejoined the fight a lap down, which was really rather off-putting as I was trying to catch and pass bjorn bit couldn't because I had a lapped car which kept getting in the way. Really hindered me on my last lap. So that wasn't too good, but overall it was a lot of fun.

• Love Love x 1
  12. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

This was the best racing i had since i started, the reason we had a good laugh so much that when i laugh my eyes close and that causes problems staying on tract.
    Its not about racing and winning, its the interaction we experience, and communicate. Peter, i do appreciate u joining TS don't be concerned to chat and language barrier, i bet i can teach u a word, if just saying " ****" when u hit the barriers.
    Take Care Friends

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Peter Ell

Peter Ell

@John Grant said:
    This was the best racing i had since i started, the reason we had a good laugh so much that when i laugh my eyes close and that causes problems staying on tract.
    For me this was the VICTORY.... and when mr.Grant said:
    Take Care Friends.
    this was the PRIZE for me. I think we've all put a hand for this...

Everything else was inferior in this race and as I said before this goes for me.

I feel vindicated and happy for this RACE.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fun race fellas. Even though I was dead last and getting lapped, I enjoyed it very much. A race07 league with a point system and championship would be awesome! Any chance of that ever happening?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

I think the whole point of RD racing is that its just for fun , hence no points involved , thats what makes it for me anyway .Coupled with the banter on TS , it makes it an enjoyable evening , even though some peeps had it in for my new paint job on Friday evening! :p:D Oh and of course me trying to squeeze my mini into Ivans boot.:D

Damo :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks
    Ivan Fojan Premium Member

Hi all,
    Back online in our new home but very busy.
    The race was fantastic fun. I was shunted at a corner, near the start, might have been by Damo, not sure, but I was going a bit slowly so no blame is attatched to that person.!
    I had the dreaded "You have a suspension problem" message, but managed to carry on ok.
    John had a flying start but I managed to reel him in and he made a slight mistake which allowed me to pass.
    Before that I was screaming at him down my headset cos I was coming into a tight turn way too fast, lol.
    I was in third place, with 2 laps left, with Damo right behind me, he was struggling to get past but his pressure forced me into a mistake and he sailed by!!
    It was great fun and we had so many laughs and giggles on comms :)
    Hope to see you all again very soon :)

• Like Like x 4