1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Oschersleben B, Friday, 10 April 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Mini
    Track: Oschersleben B
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Damian Millett
    3. -John Grant
    4. -Kevin Bradley
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201515):
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. Damo

Premium Member

Yes plz.

Damo :0)
  3. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!
  5. Kevin Bradley

Kevin Bradley
    Premium Member

Hi Dennis,

6. Damo

Premium Member

Sorry guys , the bolt has sheared on my race wheel clamp so i have no way of driving , haven't had time to get it sorted.

Damo :(
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Sign me up. Should be able to make this one :)
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Quite a crowd for a Friday evenings racing! Tt was also nice to be on a smaller track that let us stay in contact and follow each others race.

Certainly the race did not follow what the laptimes of P2 indicated. Late signups and drop in's are always welcomed, they helped make this a nice event.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kevin Bradley

Kevin Bradley
    Premium Member

Disaster race!!

Was running a good pace in practice and qualifying, then made a catastrophic mistake on lap 4. I got a tank slapper on the penultimate turn, couldn't correct the car and ended up in the inside barrier.

What's worse, I had picked up a puncture and just missed the pit lane entry!! I limped round another painfuly slow lap before pitting, then set about reducing the time deficit to the cars in front.

After almost 20 solitary laps, I was fast closing in on the battling John Grant and Reggie Snr.... then got told to make a compulsory pit stop, now realizing that my first stop was obviously taken before the pit window :mad:

On fresh tires I was chasing down hard, but probably needed another 5 laps to make up the time lost in the second pit stop.

All in all, not my night :(

Anyway - well raced everyone. Congrats to Reggie.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Shame it was such a sparse grid today. This would have been a nice track with at least 10+ drivers. Either way was still a fun day.

Managed to be quick enough in qualifying to start 2nd on the grid.

Forgot to put the car in gear (AGAIN) dropping me to the back of the pack. Managed to get around Grant through the first set of turns putting me up in 5th. A mistake by Reggie Snr. up into 4th. Graduated up to 3rd thanks to a mistake by Kevin on lap 4. Had to fight hard to get around to @Dennis Phelan who did a great job of blocking me EVERY TIME I got a run on him. Finally managed to out race him down the straight grabbing the inside of turn 1. Once I got around him started building up some distance and remarkably started eating away @Reggie Blain lead. Lap 14 caught to much of the curb on the right left and took long enough to recover that Dennis reclaimed second. Saw Dennis dive into the pits and decided to follow suit since I had just spun. Decided to go 4 tires but didn't pay off. Came out of the pits in 3rd and managed to hold on to the end of the race. Only 6 racers but I'm pretty happy to have a podium :)
    • Like Like x 2