1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Okayama, Friday, 12 December 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Okayama '08
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Race on

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Damian Millett
    3. -Arunas Linkevicius
    4. -Nelson Ullinskey
    5. -Dave Morley
    6. -Peter Ell
    7. -Reggie Blain
    8. -Reggie Blain Snr
    9. -Robert Covey
    10. -Matthias Klein
    11. -Nuno Rodrigues
    12. -Aleksander Pienkowski
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    sServer is UP!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Sign me up plz Dennis , will try not to let u down this week , been a busy couple of weeks so far.

Damo :0)

3. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in ;)

4. I will be there! :ninja:

5. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

OK :cool:

6. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Nope, won't make this one - company christmas party :D
    (next week will be better :))

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201450):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

7. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Not like yesterday's silence....I'm in.;)
    ......................[​IMG]

8. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Add my dad and I for this 1

9. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Add me in for this, I should be able to make it :)

10. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  11. Matthias

Matthias
    Premium Member

Sign me up please. I will be at a local christmas market before, but should be at Okayama just in time.

12. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

13. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

Sign me up please!

14. Sign me up please.

15. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I cannot race this one, sorry. I've put in some laps, but the double hairpin is killing my broken shoulder as I cannot steer that one using my left arm only. I hit full 540 lock too many times racing on this track.

Even at 540/28 (max) it is too much two-arm work.:(

Hope you all have fun tonight, I'll go join some of the guys elsewhere for a different track. :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  16. Arconian

Arconian
    Premium Member

Sign me up please!

17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Ouch! Well ready for a good race but I guess it was my time to do the commentary. I'll run at Anderstorp with ya all!

• Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Grabbed a speedy setup from the setup section here. Felt great, qualified sixth out twelve. Had a tremendous race with Arunas for the first half, only to have him pull away. Got only left side tires at the pit stop, and was happy in fifth until I saw Peter take a long time in the pits! I got fourth, but within the last few laps he caught up with me really putting the pressure on. Got by on the last lap, and I was able to get the position back but only through force. Feeling as I had raced too rough there, I gave the position back before we got to the line.

• Like Like x 3
  19. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Quali: My best lap of the night put me 7th. Midfield, right where I expected to be :cool:

Race: Made a good start, and looked to have gained a position, but I was too cautious in turn 1, and lost it again, slipping to 8th. Stayed there until about lap 8(?) when @Nuno Rodrigues took a very unusual line through Atwood (I hear gravel was involved), and let me through. Pitted at the halfway point for fronts only, but by lap 20, I was starting to worry about my fuel load; I started with 30 litres, enough for 22 laps. I thought I'd be OK, but on 21, I saw on the track map the leader start 22 with ~1:55 on the clock.

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Many profanities later, I went into fuel-save. That let Nuno back past, even though I tried to hold him up. Just about made it to the end; ran out of fuel about 30ft from the line, coasting over.

The AI then parked in the pit exit, so I didn't get the hilarity of @Damian Millett and @Robert Covey slamming into my stricken car at 100mph+ :(

• Like Like x 2
  20. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

What a fantastic day of racing regardless of my finishing position.
    Qualify:
    Had no practice and very little time to play with the default setup leading to a qualify position of 10th.
    Race:
    Got a good start off the line holding with the pack. Thought I had enough room to slip in front of @Damian Millett but he had just enough on me to scrub bumpers sending me off in the first corner dropping me to 12th and having to play catch up on the first lap. Managed to catch the tail of the pack before lap 2 and was rewarded with a jump up to 10th after some contact with Damian and Dennis left Dennis broken and Aleksander sliding on the grass trying to avoid them. Got the inside on Damian coming out of Attwood Curve drag racing him to the Hairpin where he graciously backed off letting me take him at the Hairpin, up to 9th. From that point on was trying to catch @Dave Morley but ultimately backed down a bit doing everything in the book to try and stay in front of Damian. This battle went on with Damian right on my bumper or .5 secs behind me till he made his pit stop on lap 11. Decided to pit on lap 12 grabbing 4 tires but not repairing my suspension damage that occurred at the start of the race. Pulled out of the pits just as Damian came through putting me down to 10th place about a second behind him. Made a huge lunge on Damian at Redman on lap 17 to get around and back into 9th. Rest of the race was spent holding him off which he wasn't making easy. We made small contact at turn 1 near the end when I drifted right down the front straight trying to remove a cat from my view and got in his way coming back to the left to hit the line for turn 1. The battle we were having was just way to much fun to give up and since we were at the back waited till he was .5 sec behind me then picked up where we left off till the end of the race with me just managing to finish in front of him.
    Some absolutely outstanding racing Damian, made running at the back of the pack a **** load of fun. According to Dennis we were the best battle on the track :) Congrats to todays podiums and again Damian great race looking forward to next week if I can make it.

• Like Like x 3