1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Nürburgring GP, Friday, 13 February 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Nürburgring GP
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, GTR Evo

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Reggie Blain Snr
    3. -Reggie Blain
    4. -Aaron Channer
    5. -John Grant
    6. -Dave Morley
    7. -Nelson Ullinskey
    8. -Damian Millet
    9. -Nuno Rodrigues
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. Yes please Dennis. I love this track. Fond memories.. like the time Vandoorne owned me round the outside.. :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

4. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

[​IMG]

5. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Likely won't make it, but you never know for sure.. ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201507):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

6. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Yes plz Dennis.

Damo

7. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

hope to get on time today...

8. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Yay, surprise race appearance ;)

I wasn't planning on doing this considering my connection, but low and behold, when I entered the practice server for Sunday's RlyRR event ('cause I can still go on once the servers disconnect me, so no problem in terms of getting laps in ;)), I wasn't being disconnected for 25-ish minutes straight!
    Sooo.. over to the Mini server, no practice at all, no setup, no... hope? Took the RoadOne setup I had, adjusted the gears & fuel and tried to get laps in. Qualified a solid 6th, considering the circumstances.

Lost a position or two during the first lap, but quickly got back up to 6th, battling Dennis & Nuno, nice stuff! Unfortunately, I pretty much blew it immediately after I got past - that gravel trap at Ford/T7 is nasty!
    After pits, I was hunting down Nuno and Dennis again, and soon closed the gap.
    Nuno then went wide into the final turn, which put me back up to 6th position, with Dennis in 5th - finally got past him during the final lap, nice racing :)

Thanks for joining in, everyone, and thanks for still doing the would-be mandatory pit-stop, this time, it was my fault ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This was great! All but two of us were on TS and at the start of the race it was realized that there was no mandatory pit set up. We all knew that tires could make the distance from running 80 minute race. All on TS agreed that we would see if the other two made a stop and cheers went up when they did, we all knew then that we would also be making stops. What a wonderful group of guys!

More personally, not my best track but for quali I finally had a car that went beyond my older PB and was a fun drive. I also knew it would do well on a two tire stop.

I didn't lose anything in the launch from the line and held up well during the first lap. Reggie Snr did well to hold off drivers behind me while I tried to stay close to @Nuno Rodrigues. Bjorn joined the fray. passing us both but then spun, I pitted for fronts only and was on top of Nuno when after he pitted. I was able to hold off Nuno but Bjorn just got fast er with every lap and after a good run keeping him at bay he managed somehow to get by on the last lap. A much better race than I expected.

Brno is also not a fav track for me but I'll be putting my best effort in as I am contracted to race there.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

In other news, one of my dogs ate one of my driving shoes, 25 year old loafers that are used specifically for sim.driving. :mad: Oh well, he only ate the one I use for the clutch pedal :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Loafers? :O_o:

I just use my socks :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Had good pace and speed in practice despite not practicing at all prior to this. Qualified third, I had a feeling it would be easy to hold, but Aaron and Reggie were too fast for me :confused:!! But third did not come entirely easy as I had thought. proved to be VERY fast and stuck with me for the entire race. I had thought I would lose him after the pits, but even after we cycled through, he was still on my tail :O_o:!! Ended up in third, but kept pushing until the very end :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I didn't take part in this race Nelson ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I was tired when I wrote that.. Sorry, lol :laugh:

15. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Aw, man! I missed this race. I got distracted by… something; totally forget what though.