1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Mosport - Friday April 27th 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Car: Mini Challenge
    Track: Mosport 09
    Weather: Changeable
    Games: Race 07
    Skin Pack: Mini Friday Pack

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all of our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

When you have signed up we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until 1 hour prior to the practice session, otherwise you will be reported as a no-show.

You can not sign up as a 'maybe', you are there or you are not. We will not reserve grid places for people that might be there, we give them to people that will be there.

As soon as qualification starts and not all places are taken, reserves can enter the server.

Entry List:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.

1. Andy Bonar
    2. Wayne Hammond
    3. Rui F. Martins
    4. István Milbich
    5. Nisse Andersson
    6. Roger Prikken
    7. Kevin Cox
    8. Senad Subasic
    9. Ross Garland
    10. Andrey Trushin
    11. Dennis Phelan
    12. Bob Miley
    13. Marian Zelenka
    14. Mark Gormley
    15. Joao Borges
    16. Reggie Blain
    17. Matthias Klein
    18. Jorge Alves
    19. Carlos Diaz
    20. Victor Zaporozhets
    21. Reggie Blain Snr
    22. Bob Vuckovic
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
  2. [​IMG]

I'm trying something new as far as the weather goes because the way the default system works results in little or no rain in most events. Without going into the finer details, the weather is generated by an external app in such a way that even I do not know what it has come up with.

One advantage of doing it this way is that I can now provide a basic weather forecast. It's important to note that, just like real forecasts, they may not be entirely accurate! Please let me know if this is something you would like to see or whether you'd prefer not knowing.

Also, I have never used this method for weather before so if there are any problems (such as it not working!) then I would appreciate it if people could let me know. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Server is up!
  4. There is rain every session. I would prefer a mix of sun and rain. :D
  5. As I said, I do not determine the weather. Doing it all manually would not only give me an unfair advantage when I race, but would also reduce the fun factor.

Just like Race 07's own system, it is based loosely on a number of general factors such as track location and season. So for example, it is more likely to rain at Brands Hatch than at Monaco because we Brits enjoy rubbish weather all year round. It's also more likely to rain in Winter than in Summer.

I also said that the forecasts were not 100% accurate. Just as in real life they may be wrong... the whole of qualy may be one long 'sunny spell', and there may be no storm during the race... or maybe the whole race will be one long storm.

Thinking about it, if posting a weather forecast is going to reduce sign-ups then I won't bother posting them in future. It's supposed to be all about coping with the weather, not bailing out because you don't like the conditions.
  6. Oh ok I get it. So its basically random, and its all about luck. I thought you had set it up fixed. My bad. Not going to sign up yet as Im not sure if I will make it.
  7. Can you sign me up please :)
  8. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond

sign me up please
  9. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

sign me up please. :)
    I think the weather forecast is a good idea, it gives information about all the sessions. :thumbsup:
  10. +1:)
  11. Seems like a great solution Yves, I wont make it for this race but looking forward to next weeks conditions
  12. That's the other guy. My name is Ross. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Oh Im sorry man, thats what happens if youre jumping too much between threads :roflmao:
  14. @Jorge Alves, Add my skin to the pack please. Thanks. :)
  15. News just in: The weather forecast has been updated! See post above for details.
  16. of course Ross ... but 1st you must post a link to your skin so i can download it:D
  17. LOL... what an idiot. How did I forget the most important part of the post? Duh! :O_o:

Download Here
  18. Skin pack updated ;)
  19. sign me up pleace ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.