1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Monaco - Friday April 20th 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Car: Mini Challenge
    Track: Monaco 2007
    Weather: Changeable
    Games: Race 07
    Skin Pack: Mini Friday Pack

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all of our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

When you have signed up we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until 1 hour prior to the practice session, otherwise you will be reported as a no-show.

You can not sign up as a 'maybe', you are there or you are not. We will not reserve grid places for people that might be there, we give them to people that will be there.

As soon as qualification starts and not all places are taken, reserves can enter the server.

Entry List:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.

1. Mark Gormley
    2. Aaron Channer
    3. Martin Leyfield
    4. Jonas Lex
    5. Erik Bennett
    6. Nisse Andersson
    7. Ricardo Umans
    8. Jorge Alves
    9. Stephane Dejoux
    10. Sebastien Poidevin
    11. Leon Charmant
    12. Rodolphe Morin
    13. Alberto Casado
    14. Reggie Blain
    15. Nik Hughes
    16. Joao Borges
    17. Kimmo Luisto
    18. Leonardo Tuma
    19. Victor Zaporozhets
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
  2. Mark Gormley

Mark Gormley
    #14 | The Silent Killer Premium Member

Sign me up.
  3. Me too please.
  4. Ah no way! Probably going to be away next weekend, this would be awesome! :(
  5. Yep I will miss out too!!
  6. Excellent, gonna be good fun... especially on this track
  7. Sign me up, thank you...:)
  8. Monaco baby, yeah. The Austin Powers car will be there with all the externally beautiful people.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. yes, yes, YES.
    Sign me up please :)
  10. Sign me up please.
  11. Ross ... will be the default race07 changeable weather or are you going to make a custom weather file for the race ... i love rain but its very difficult to get it with the default changeable weather
  12. For now it will be R07's default changeable weather. If there continues to be no rain at all during any races then I'll look into manipulating it on occasion. The main reason I haven't so far is because I want randomness, not planned weather. I don't want rain to be guaranteed.
  13. yes sign me up pleace thx
  14. Guys before I sign up may I ask what times are good for Minis here?
  15. Can we stop worrying about lap times please? The problem when people start posting their times is that slower drivers are often put off, thinking that they cannot compete or will get in people's way. That obviously isn't true as we have people from all abilities racing here, but that's the impression it gives when the times posted are 2-3 seconds faster than they can manage.

The Clubs are for casual, fun racing. Just hit the track and enjoy it. If you're desperate to discuss lap times then save it for TS or text chat on the server so that it doesn't put people off signing up. Thank you.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Mark Gormley

Mark Gormley
    #14 | The Silent Killer Premium Member

And to be fair with changeable weather and the fact it's an 80 minute race makes it somewhat of a moot point.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I'm worried about times because I play this game from two weeks and I have no freaking idea what it slow or fast. That's why I'm asking. If somebody want to give me a hint please PM me so others won't see their times. Thank you.
  18. The point I am making is that it doesn't matter. Knowing other people's lap times isn't suddenly going to make you any faster. You'll find out what people's lap times are during the event itself, and at least then you can watch them during practice and qualy and see how they are doing it. That's how you learn and improve.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I totally agree with Ross here, I'm by far not the fastest on the events, but I have been at it for a couple of months now and if you keep a goal of just finishing you're lap times will slowly go down. By the end of Mini races I have shaved 10 seconds or so off my best times just because you get familiar with the car and the tracks.
  20. Instead of writing novells you could easy tell me one single lap time. I know that knowing other people's lap times won't make me faster but at least it will tell me where I lose and where do I have to improve. Watching people during practice sessions is not the best way to learn their driving. If I know that I'm 3 seconds slower than the mid pack I'll have to work hard but not to reach one lap speed. I need to work hard to find consistent lap times no matter if they are 3 seconds slower but I need to know because doing laps without knowing what are you competeting with is kind of boring.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.