1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Macau, Friday, 31 October 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Mini
    Track: Macau
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
    Please note any change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Dave Morley
    3. -Bob Miley
    4. -Connor Caple
    5. -Damian Millett
    6. -David Kingshott
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. RaceProUK

Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

3. Sign me up please Dennis, Fridays are my own starting this week and I have yet to complete a race round here I think. Not really sure it gives me nightmares.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

In, please.

I have established that I crash anything faster than a Mini, so I'm in these for the duration :D
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Damo

Premium Member

Yes plz.

Damo :0)
  6. I should be around for this please Dennis
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. so there will be server´s up?
  8. sounds optimistic lol
  9. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

As soon as lawyers get involved in anything it usually takes at least 3 months :D
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Please sign me out, I have arranged to get drunk while the lobby is down.
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

12. Just out of curiosity have any of you guys tried to get hamachi working for your race nights , me and some of my mates used to use it for a motogp game that had no online servers, for those who don't know it , It creates a virtual lan game which you all connect to , works sweet once you get it figured out and in my eyes is a viable option should the lobby continue to stay down , just a thought
  13. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Well, the PrestoGP guys are currently exploring that field, using Tunngle, but the technology is pretty much the same as far as I know.

However, multiple events and/or the continuation of a league might pose a more viable "motivation" to install & setup everything, I kinda doubt a Mini Friday every now and then will get many people to configure the whole thing, but of course I might be wrong about that :D
    The bigger problem would be that we might not be able to install Tunngle/Hamachi on the RD servers considering installing the virtual network adapter necessary will likely be blocked by the security policies currently active - and a change of those as well as the Tunngle/Hamachi technology itself might be considered too much of a security risk.

What we could try, however, would be setting everything up and let someone host a session (dedicated server, preferably) on their own next Friday (given Mini Fridays usually get the bigger grids ;)).
    I'd gladly try to join, however with my internet connection being IPv6 only client-side, I'm not too sure about that and hosting on my own might be out of the question anyway.
  14. Damo

Premium Member

IPv6 only client-side

Wos that then?

15. Damo

Premium Member

So I take it theres no need to rush back from Grandmas tonight then?

16. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

So no race for today?.. :(
  17. Damo

Premium Member

Just when i was getting round Macau in under 10 mins as well!

• Haha Haha x 2
  18. :-(
  19. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

IPv6 is the internet protocol set to replace IPv4 one day. Although defined in the late 90s, it's not exactly adopted by a broad audience / many internet providers: Currently, just about 4% of all internet traffic is using IPv6.

The main reason for the invention is the fact that IPv4, the "standard" protocol (the one that gives you thos IP addresses) is limited to about 4.3 billion unique IP addresses - what seemed more than enough at the internet's dawn is now approaching its limit rapidly (to give you an idea, companies like Xerox or IBM were able to reserve 16,7-ish million addresses when those were distributed - because who else would need them, anyway, eh? ;)).
    IPv6 on the other hand offers 2^128 unique addresses, that's 340282366920938463463374607431768211456 - enough addresses to likely get rid of port mapping, as well - servers could "simply" use another address for different ports.

This leads us to my internet provider, which has already reached the limit of IPv4 addresses allocated to it. To solve that problem, they are now using the IPv6 protocol for their clients - connections that can't use this protocol are routed to an IPv4 gateway on their sides. Usually, this works great, it just keeps me from hosting internet servers using IPv4 as I do not have an exclusive IPv4 address to direct everyone to :) Given that Tunngle/Hamachi are using internet connections and thus some kind of server/client communication to emulate local networks, that might pose a problem, haven't tried it, though :)

For more information, as usual, wikipedia ;)