1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Lime Rock Mountain, Friday 11th January, 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Lime Rock Mountain[Download]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Hamed Hajmolaali
    3. Justin Swan
    4. Bob Miley
    5. Robert Woodward
    6. Jari Aikio
    7. Mark Bushell
    8. Carl Johnson
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    26. -
    utp#10

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I needed this for the Club racers, posting it here too.
    Here's something to read if pitstops are giving you problems:

Pitstop Guide, modified from Nico Major's

Preparation
    Make sure you have keyboard buttons assigned to necessary actions. Request pitstop (default '9'), pit menu (default '8'), pit menu up/down, increase/decrease value, toggle/confirm. Also assign a key to "Ignition" and"Starter" if you like.

Create pit menu presets. Especially for adding fuel, changing fuel amount in pit menu is dead slow. It's a good idea to have presets for the planned stops and also for some thinkable emergency strategies.

Check that "Autopit" is turned off. I always have "Autopit" disabled because I do not trust it. There are some custom tracks where it does not work at all and there may be other issues like not stopping, not doing any work or not continuing driving, although it works in general. Again - I have "Autopit" set to "Off".

Procedure during race
    Request the pitstop as soon as you have passed the pit, this gives your crew has time to prepare. If you like to adjust something call up the pit menu and do your changes. Make sure you position the selector over the last item in the pit menu when you are done (this will become the "Confirm" button) Rather than doing this on track there is usually time while on the limiter on pit road, not a good idea if you're in the first pit box.

Be careful to enter the pit lane at the max. allowed speed (usually 60 km/h) or you will get a SnG. Pit limiter will kick in automatically. Using the pit limiter button may create problems and a SnG, best to let the auto one do it's job, just make sure your speed is below the limit when you enter the pit. Turning the limiter on at the last second may not bring you down to speed, use your brakes. You can only get a SnG entering the pit!

Know that in RaceDepartment Race07 races, we have Auto Gears turned on, this means you don't have to use the clutch. Also, while in the pit there will be no contact between cars, no collisions.

1)As soon as you cross the pit entry the menu will pop up if you haven't already brought it up. Confirm your settings in the pit menu. Do not forget this or your crew won't start working!

2)Drive to your pit and stop where the arrow is pointing down (needs some practice). Leave in 1st gear.

3)During refueling your engine is switched off. As soon as you are lifted up to get your tires changed hit the button you assigned for "Ignition". This will start your engine. Do not hit the button twice, you will be turning the ignition off. The motor can be started once refueling has been completed. The important thing is to have the motor running when the car comes off the jacks. If you don't start it yourself while still on the jacks, you have to wait longer in the pit.

4)Bring rpm's up and wait until you are released, a two tire change takes about 7-8 seconds, a four tire 13-17.

Be careful on exit. (Also other cars on the start-finish straight should be careful during pit stop phases. Name tags could serve as a kind of early-warning system.)

Set up everything and do some tests and practice during a practice or warm up session.

Good luck!

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

4. sign me up please:D

5. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Yes please

6. Sign me up please Dennis, quality track.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ill come, ill do some pitstop runs on practise mode to see if i had something wrong in the control settings last time :)
    I think it might have been the "hold button for gear" setting that gave me the problem last time, it was turned off which is ok for using paddle shift but on H-Shift like what i was using that effectively means the car has no neutral gear.
    although that still doesn't explain why the clutch wasn't working :( (maybe the clutch doesn't work if you were holding it during the pitstop or something, but that would be a rather pathetic design flaw if it was the case xD)

8. Come on Mr. Buxton, don't just like things, sign up and race with us!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. i want in too..

10. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

:D I will be back hopefully from next week if not from the 14th ;)

I just have 1 more room to decorate which I started today so providing that is completed before next weekend you can have me all to yourself and lap me as many times as you wish :O_o:

• Like Like x 2
  11. My setup for Friday, there may be a few small tweaks before then but nothing major.

Attached Files:

12. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

Is this the setup I did for you a couple of years ago? :D haha

• Like Like x 2
  13. The exact one!!! but with 1 litre more fuel.

14. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

That's ok then. Good to see my sit-ups are still of use :p

15. Welcome back Mr Staff man :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah, this could be, wait for, it... le-gen-da-ry.. If we get more people, i'm in.. Even race length is not an issue anymore, two seasons in PrestoGP and this should be a cakewalk. EDIT: Ooh, this is making me sentimental. Wish we had the old gang back, we could have one the best races in years... The nature of this track makes small fighting groups dispersed all over the track, it's like clockwork but it needs large grid too to make it happen..

• Like Like x 4
  17. Damn cant these races start like 2 hours earlier. Now i have 2 races to choose, race2play mini brno or this.. .......Theres more guys driving:O_o:

18. Mark Bushell

Mark Bushell
    Now a member of the G27 club. Premium Member

Sign me up please.

19. im in

20. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

put me in pls