1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Ledenon, Friday, 21 November 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Ledenon [download here]
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
    Please note any change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Connor Caple
    3. -Damian Millett
    4. -Bob Miley
    5. -Dave Morley
    6. -David Kingshott
    7. -Lars Hansen
    8. -Nelson Ullinskey
    9. -Björn Golda
    10. -Nuno Rodrigues
    11. -Kevin Bradley
    12. -Loyd Cooper
    13. -Arunas Linkevicius
    14. -Sam Hill
    15. -Gundars Brigis
    16. -Nikola Simic
    17. -Daniel Linder
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  2. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

EDIT: OUT - not available between 19:45 and 20:15 on weekdays. Races seem to have moved an hour earlier.

Two tracks in one week? My brain will explode... :geek:

3. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

AFAIK they haven't - I guess @Dennis Phelan just copied the "old" Ledenon event from a few weeks ago, when we were still running summer time - time will tell ;)

We're running Ledenon on next week's Friday because Abu Dhabi might very well be quite boring in the Minis, and we missed out on more Ledenon action due to the lobby server crash - hence two tracks in one week :)

4. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

5. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Yes plz.

Damo

6. Yes please. It's a long time since I raced here and I think this was one of my first mini Fridays, many many moons ago.

7. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

I missed the WTCC races here (not that I'd have done well in them), so I guess I'm in :)

8. I am in for this please. See you all Friday

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

Probably a daft question, but....
    Is there a doc somewhere with a step-by-step guide to joining online races?
    Or is it as simple as finding the correct server, then clicking 'Join'? :D

Also, is it possible to be a spectator in these races?
    Not sure I'll be ready for a 'real' race by Friday, but it would be nice to get ones feet wet. . .
    Preferably without getting completely soaked in the process. ;)

Cheers,
    Lars

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Lars Hansen Just click on Multiplayer in the main menu and click again on Internet game. A Lobby screen will appear with a list of servers. Some, like the RD servers have passwords and others are open public servers that anyone can join. For RD's events you must know the password and since you already have a licence you're ready to enter.

Our races are st up many other servers. Fridays race will have a mandatory pit stop where you must change at least two tires. This will require you to have keyboard or wheel buttons programmed for pit menu access and selections. It's good to understand pit presets too. Information on all this can be found here.

We have fast drivers and slow drivers in the club events. Everyone deserves and gets respect while on the track. The servers for the week are up, check them to see if anyone is on practicing and join them for some laps if you like. On the day of a race some of us will be in the server lapping even before the official practice starts at 20:00GMT. You can join any server for practice before the event officially starts. You should be signed up for an event to practice during Practice Session Two[P2] but since the events are not fully booked it's not a problem.

Sign up for Fridays race, we'll be happy to see you there! TeamSpeak is good, if you have it join us even f you do not have a microphone. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Dennis

11. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

@Dennis Phelan:
    You sir, are just a fountain of information. :)

Alrighty then, sign me up.
    The least I can do is give everybody someone to lap. :D
    Time to go practice my rear off, I think.....

Cheers,
    Lars

12. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Hey, getting lapped is my job! :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Put me down as a maybe for this one, I will see how things play out this week in life :unsure:

14. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

This one's actually rather unlikely, but since I might just make it last-minute and without practice... maybe? ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201447):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

15. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

im in!! Lets see more coming for a good starting grid!!

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

17. Kevin Bradley

Kevin Bradley
    Premium Member

Hi Dennis.

Sign me up!

It shows my ignorance but I must admit I'd never even heard of this track before this week. It definitely looks fun though! Almost like a combination of Estoril, Valencia Ricardo Tormo and Brands Hatch all rolled in one!

Kevin

18. Sign me up. Hopefully my wheel cooperates this time around

19. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

My working plan is still very intense, but I'll try to return in time. Don't know if I'll be able to find some time for practice, so I'm looking forward for the fight at the back ;)
    I'm in (maybe)

20. I might not make this.