1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Hungaroring - Friday November 2nd 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Marco Bijl, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

[​IMG]

Car:Mini
    Track: Hungaroring (click here for download)
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all of our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download).

Entry List:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Justin Swan
    2. Dennis Phelan
    3. Ariciuc Razvan
    4. Bob Miley
    5. Jon Pell
    6. Tim Ling
    7. Dennis Phelan
    8. Peter Dyrelund
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#10

2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Count me in please.

3. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

Sign me up !

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Nico wrote that for the GT endurance race. I would add that I use an engine "start" button and I see no delay as fueling takes place before tire changes. The motor can be started once refueling has been completed. The important thing is to have the motor running when the car comes off the jacks. If you don't start it yourself while still on the jacks, you have to wait longer in the pit. I will try removing the "Start" button from my assignments to see that difference.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

Very nice guide. Got some useful tips. I always had autopit off , but i didn't start the motor manually :)

6. Sign me up please. Good to see you back Ariciuc, looks like you got the new wheel sorted.

7. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

Eh.. kinda. I've managed to make something that comes close to how a car should feel.
    But there's a lot to tweak and fiddle with before i'm happy with it.
    I'll practice for the Mini event and work from there up with setups.

8. Hi, want to venture into my first club race. Just wondered what sort of times u guys will be doing as want to know if i'm anywhere near u guys before i sign up for the race.
    Dont really want to be lapped 20 times by the end of eighty minutes and would be better racing for all if i knew i would be able to keep up.

Cheers
    Jon

9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Please don't worry about your lap times, we all have to take the plunge and this is just a friendly race event. Very nice bunch of guys and very clean racing. Its fun taking part and much better then taking on the AI.
    I'd be happy to spin a few laps with you for practice one evening if you like?

BTW- no idea what times I'll be doing ha

10. Hi ok i guess i'll have to take the plunge and hope I keep up.
    Got so fed up with the ramming on public servers that i stopped going online for a while. Very frustrating when u go out of ur way to race clean but get smashed off the track all the time.

Looking forward to some proper racing now though.

Thanks for the offer for a practice. Im free on Thursday after 9pm if thats good for u?

11. Sign me up please

12. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Yeah I hear ya! I hate the public lobbies and it always seems to be the same old faces causing your carnage, sad existence really lol.

I'm in the BRNO WTCC club race Thursday evening, why don't you come join us in that one?

13. Hi, Unfortunatley i'm working Thursday evening and wont get home till around 8.30pm so wont be able to make that one.

14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Server is up :)

15. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

I'll join you. First Mini Friday in years

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

I have a problem. I can't see the track :( I've added the Game Data/Locations folder, un-rared the file and dropped the Hungaroring folder in there. Going into the game, there's no track. Help!

17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Check the folder you put the files into isn't already inside a folder by the same name. ie
    Gamedata/locations/hungary/hungary/

Should be

Gamedata/locations/hunagry/

Done it myself before :D

18. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Thanks Justin Swan, but it looks ok to me. I'm more used to GTL, but the process is similar

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\<myaccount>\race 07\Game Data\Locations\Hungaroring

There's only the hungaroring files inside there. I also d/l some other tracks as well, only 1 of them is showing up :(. I also tried d/l the track from nogrip, same problem

19. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Haven't installed it myself yet but I have used it before all ok. It's on my sim race manager, so hopefully just a case of switching it back on. Hope you get it sorted.

20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Tim Ling, I just did a download and install, no problem. :(