1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Estoril: Friday, 18 April 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Mini
    Track: Estoril
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Nelson Ullinskey
    4. Vaughn Stegeman
    5. Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    6. David Kingshott
    7. Stefan Beemsterboer
    8. Gasper Grebenc
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    You MUST sign up for this race before 2000 GMT on Thursday, 17 April 2014 or you may not be permitted to participate in P2 and the following sessions!
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Mini SkinPack (version 2.4)

3. Yes please! :)
  4. I'm in a seriously down-swing crappy mood recently .. however, IF i've improved by Friday I'd like to race.
    That's a big 'if' tho ... no telling when this sort of thing will clear up. :sick:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

Sign me up :)
  6. I know I am late but if you are all happy I would like to do the most of this race I can. I have to look after my Daughter but I hope she will sleep in long anougth for the race. Otherwise like the last race she will sit on my lap and help me drive

Can't be any worse than my normal standard lol

Cheers Dave
  7. I want to join toooo...and yes i'll start from the back again....would be safe now.....Now Dennis can't drive the BMW........

OMG!! the Mini Cooper is built by BMW :poop:

HELP !!
    • Haha Haha x 3
  8. if i'll come home at time, i'll be there ;)
  9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Well I hope we have at least the 8 people on the list. Disappointing turnout for this.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Got home earlier and less exhausted (brother's building a house, helping ensues :)) - might jump in for this one, if that's alright with everyone, being lastminute and all :)
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Great race & a great ending to a week on a "new" track ;)

Not having that much time after signing up lastminute, I chose to go with my setup from Zolder, adjusted the gears and it worked pretty alright - managed to qualify third behind Kacper and Justin in P1 and P2 respectively.
    Started alright and while Kacper and Justin got away a bit, I had a nice battle with Nelson until he spun out. Now continuing with a few seconds to Nelson and Dennis I could relax a bit as they were battling each other and losing a few secs - however, Dennis was plotting my downfall by letting Nelson pass him and counting on him and me losing time in a likely battle shortly afterwards :confused: It seemed to work as Nelson was now gaining time on me again but Dennis' evil masterplan collapsed as Nelson got into the gravel a few laps later ;)
    Now with 7-10 secs to each other driver, I had a fairly quiet time and could spend some of it thinking of reasons why Kacper would pit at 30mins in ;) (kind of correctly) guessing he wanted to get out of the battle with Justin costing him valuable seconds, I went my way and pitted shortly before halftime - went back on track and could keep P3 after all pit stops were through.
    While Nelson was now about 11-13secs behind me, I was actually gaining time on Kacper as his tyres began to wear out due to the early stop - Seizing the rare opportunity, I managed to get to his bumper but as correctly stated in TS, passing was a completely different thing ;) What ensued was a terrific battle for 2nd with everything you could wish for - close, fair driving, a pass, a counterpass, some smallish errors and an happy ending - at least for me, as I managed to pass him in the second to last lap and finished in 2nd place - great fun!

Thanks for racing, everyone, and thanks for organising, Dennis! :)
    • Like Like x 3
  12. When I joined during practice session 2, I had not practiced for this event at all. However, I learned pretty darn quickly how to drive the Cooper around here. What I did not know at the time I learned as the race progressed.

Qualified third (I think anyways... my memory is acting funny). Had some good racing, especially with Dennis but I quickly dropped back by spinning out multiple times :O_o:. Had a lonely rest of the half of the race but chugged only to make another mistake :confused:! Finished fourth, but I think I put in the fastest lap. Based off my pace, I think I was a legitimate contender for the win, but my inconsistency proved otherwise :cautious:.

Thank you much for organizing, Dennis :thumbsup:. I know I did not say anything about my experiences in the other three races, but I had a tremendously fun time this week :D. It truly baffles me that more people do not sign up for these awesome events :sick:.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Having a good car here was no problem, I have lots of time on this track. Not that it helped!

Slow in practice I decided to not qualify but it looked like my slowness was due to running a full tank. A bit of work on gears did help but others had more straight line speed than I did..

Someday I will learn how to drive the WTCC Beemers, and go fast without shedding rubber and ruining laptimes. Neither has happened yet and I think there's a fat chance that either will. In the mean time I'm happy to drive hard and plan out a racing schedule. @David Kingshott were you slow on the straights for some reason, 208-213 were reached by others.
    • Like Like x 1