1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Estoril 08 - Friday July 1st 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Remco de Wildt, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Required RACE 07 expansions: Race On
    Class: Mini Challenge
    Track: Estoril 08
    Practice: 18:00 GMT
    Qualification: 18:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 18:45 GMT
    Race: 18:55 GMT 1 race of 80 Minutes
    Password: click here

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]160[/signuplist]

2. 80 minutes :( By the looks of last fridays race not many reached the finish line then.

3. Standard length Mini race. Tricky track last Friday, easy to kill it.

4. I liked the original mini friday format from couple of years ago the best, left RD when it stopped. Just wishing "the good ole days" back.. It was fun event then, could down a few beers with good friends and have fun. 80 minutes sounds like work, you have to train much more to get a race setup for such a long race. Mini somehow don't feel like enduro type car, i'd think it gets boring. But then it isn't so hard than to do 1h20m with GT class.. Maybe i have to try it once before making my judgement..

5. 80 minutes was the standard Mini night for a long time.

6. Pieter Theron

Pieter Theron
    Premium Member

Sach's from last week was a great track but there are 4 spots on the track which could end your race there and then. So it wasn't really 80minutes that killed the racing but the street circuit that has no run-offs. In saying that I still love the variety of tracks. No use we don't do something challenging from time to time. The other thing I love about 80minute racing is the fact that if you make a mistake and go off track and your car isn't damaged extensively you still have a fair chance to fight your way back. In 25minute racing that is quite difficult.

7. Pieter Theron

Pieter Theron
    Premium Member

Jeez, can't even remember I attened those races as well. Like you say only when you see your name being there that it all comes back. Even Andrew Evans got banned in the meanwhile :lol::lol:

8. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

8 sign in until now, and we're only monday, maybe friday .... 25 ? :rolleyes:

9. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

10. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

I had a look to these links ... full grids !! It surely was fun !

Just one thing I noticed: begin 19:00 GMT and not 18:00 GMT that I find a bit early for some people.
    No problem for me now with summer hour, 18:00 is 20:00 belgian time.
    When summer hour is finished, that'll be very early for me and others too.

11. And that's why it moves one hour when summer time is over. You'll always race at the same time in your country.

EDIT: oh, I just noticed that this race starts at 18:55 GMT. That's a bizarre starting time, isn't it? Maybe making event start times somewhat standard across the board would be a good idea?

12. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

Right Senad, but on this link, May 22 2009 19:00 GMT is summer hour too, so 1 hour later than now !

But one thing I don't realize is the time it is in Croatia or Finland !? So 19:00 GMT was maybe too late for eastern Europe.

PS: I know now ! just had a look, Croatia is GMT +2 too and Finland GMT + 3

13. No, it's pretty much the same? Race started at 21:30 our time, same as with practically every other event. This race we have here is a bit earlier than the rest of them, I guess because it's 80 min long.

I'm in the same timezone as you, as is the better part of Europe.
    There are a big number of Brits around here, much much more than anyone from GMT+3 and more timezones. This is the best compromise for them and us.

14. I agree Jean-Pierre. 1 hour later would be alot easier for me as well. "The family" is still very active at 1800 GMT :). I often work pretty late, then have a bite to eat, it's often in a rush. I would be more at ease when racing would start 1 hour later. But nevertheless, I try to commit to the majority :tongue:.

15. I agree, 25 minutes is too short. Imo the perfect lenght is 40 minutes. You still have all the time to come back and at the end of the race you aren't very tired and a pitstop strategy is needed too. I'm off until (if ever) the race will be shorter, have fun guys!

16. Pieter Theron

Pieter Theron
    Premium Member

Don't tell us porkies Marco!!!!

You are working for Ferrari and they don't give you time off anymore to race with us due to state of their 2011 F1 campaign. Your lunch time is 10/1 just 40minutes :lol: :wink:

17. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up !

18. Pieter Theron

Pieter Theron
    Premium Member

Glad to see you are back for this one Keiron :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.