1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Donnington Nat, Friday, 10 October 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Mini
    Track: Donnington Nat [download here]
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
    Please note any change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -James Wilson
    3. -Nelson Ullinskey
    4. -Dave Morley
    5. -Robert Covey
    6. -Alex Odell
    7. -Charl Haas
    8. -Nuno Rodrigues
    9. -Filip Carlén
    10. -Reggie Blain
    11. -Reggie Blaine Snr
    12. -Oscar Gustafsson
    13. -Tim Ling
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. James Wilson

James Wilson
    Premium Member

Im IN!
  3. RaceProUK

Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Oh yes!
  4. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Add me to the list :)
  5. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm a maybe for this one as I'll be on a short vacation for the weekend and might need Friday's evening to prepare ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201439):
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
  6. ajokay

Real-ish Racer

ys plz
  7. sign me up.i might make it
  8. will try to get on time, so its a maybe
  9. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium Member

I'm in, think the net is a bit more stable now
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. James Wilson

James Wilson
    Premium Member

Unfortunatley guys i have to pull out, my net has been extremely messed up today and im dc'ing every like 30mins so sorry guys
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Did you two switch internet or something? :O_o:
    • Haha Haha x 3
  12. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

My dad and i will join
  13. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

14. if i may i think i want to join aswell
  15. In please
  16. RaceProUK

Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Quali: Decent. 8th.

Race: Not the best start; dropped a place to @Reggie Blain Snr, but gained one when @Alex Odell ran wide out of Redgate. Had a good battle with S James, and a great tussel with @Alex Odell, though ultimately fell behind them both. Pitted halfway; after that, I was just hotlapping. Gained a bonus position when S James retired, and ended a very respectable 6th :)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Thanks for the race gents, it was my first for a while vs. real people. Apologies to any I managed to hinder
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Short race report here, with a successful result ;):thumbsup:

Qualified third, I showed up earlier than usual to practice (about half an hour before official practice began). Track was easy enough to learn, and was near the top of the charts when everyone showed up.

Had a brief off in the first turn of the first lap... this is becoming tradition for me :laugh:. Lost a spot to Nuno whom I passed on the back stretch one the very same lap. I soon settled into a nice rhythm as I saw I would be unable to catch Matthias and Reggie. Pit stop was very smooth, and had two offs at turn four late in the going, but I was able to save it both times. I brought it home in third which I consider spectacular considering how many fast guys this race had :thumbsup:!

And for anyone who is wondering, I used default setup with steering lock increased to 16 degrees, and bias moved to 58 in the front. Considering my result as opposed to Bjorn's, maybe I am the faster and more consistent driver :D
    • Like Like x 2
  19. No practice at all, no setup. Just arrive 5 min before qualify so race tactic would be go with carefull 100%.
    Because of that i was surprised by getting 5th (i guess) in qualify.
    The race start was fine althout some gaining and losing positions :-P
    After that, got the 4th place and been there alone for so long that i fall asleep. So made a mistake and Alex took it away for me.
    As i was going mad after him, one driver from the back got in the midle and didnt help. No problem what so ever, but could be a happy ending
    Congrats winner and all drivers!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Thanks for the big grid, everyone (especially considering we're running a mod track!) - looking forward to the numbers we'll hopefully reach with next week's Monza events :)

Not gonna go into a long race report, still gotta get some stuff done for the weekend and my race wasn't that spectacular ;)
    Hadn't trained at all since I didn't really expect to make it, so off into the cold water it was - with Nelson mentioning he was running the default setup and my own one being a bit too unstable for the track, I decided to give the default a go, too.
    Worked pretty alright in P1/Q/warmup, not with the fastest guys, but still hanging on to the upper third of the grid ;)
    However, I didn't pay attention to gears much (they seemed alright, same as with my setup, so why worry) and other than checking for presence, I didn't care much about my tyres, as well - big mistake, as I was missing massive top speed on the straights and my tyre temps were slightly off, as well - whoops.
    Still, I had a few nice (short) battles with those passing and longer one with Reggie Snr towards the end of the event :)

See you next week :)

Well, I was consistently slow ;) (..and haven't hit a wall in a while :p)
    • Like Like x 3