1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Curitiba, Friday, 25 July 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Curituba Please pay attention to track boundaries at T1, 2 and 3!*
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. Björn Golda
    4. Jose Ferreira
    5. Daniel Linder
    6. Peter Ell
    7. David Kingshott
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    *If necessary I will watch the replay, count cuts and give out penalties for excessive abuse.
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  2. Should be good for Friday, but I do not think I will be able to attend any of the other events this week :(

3. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in :)

4. Sign me in please ....:thumbsup:

5. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I am ashamed to admit it, but I actually had fun with the Minis @ Road America, so I taking the chance and hoping it will be the same for this track, so sign me up!

• Love Love x 1
  6. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Sign me in please ....:thumbsup:

7. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I'm gonna have to pull of it this event.

I might even need to pull out from Carterham event as well, right now it's a maybe.
    I know more tomorrow. But for now, the Mini event is a no go.

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

going ing please!

9. Count me in

Only problem is I can't open the link for the server and teamspeak passwords.

10. Björn

Björn

Hey Nitro,

in order to race in club events, you'll need to apply for a license - don't worry, it's an easy process outlined here

Looking forward to seeing you on the track! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Excellent, I just completed my app. Thanks.

Question though. How do I change my current username to my real name? Or is it some sort of different process?

12. Björn

Björn

Depends on what username you are talking about ;) Your forum user will be renamed when your license application is approved, so you don't have to worry about that - just keep in mind that you'll have to logon with your full name or your email address afterwards.

As for the in-game username, the easiest way is to create a new profile with your full name - however, if you want to keep your stats, configuration and so on, you can create a new profile, then copy your existing profile's files (somewhere over at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\ - not exactly sure, not at home right now ;)) over to the new profile's directory. Finally, you'd have to rename the .PLR file present in the profile folder, IIRC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yup, just needed to know about the forum name. I've got Race07 handled. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Sign me up please. ;)

15. Björn

Björn

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I take it we should remove all other skinpacks first?

17. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

yesterday was a fun event so sign me in please Dennis;)

18. Björn

Björn

Yup, Race07's not a fan of two drivers with the same name in one class - learned it the hard way while re-designing the Mini :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Björn

Björn

'twas a small grid, but still good fun :)

Tinkering with the setup a bit, I still hadn't a very good car going - pretty okay, though, as I managed to qualify 4th/7.
    Starting fairly well, I utterly misjudged the cold tyres/brakes and ran wide into T4. Now last, the hunt was on - passed David a bit later and arrived at a nice four-way-battle with Dennis, Valerio and Nuno, who had dropped back - passed Dennis, who, unfortunately, went off immediately afterwards as I might've braked a bit early - sorry about that!
    After passing Valerio, I was gaining the tiniest bit on Nuno at about 1-2 tenths per lap. With all drivers done with pitting, I was surprised to find myself in front of Nuno - guess he had an off or a problem in the pitlane.
    Now in P3 with 15 seconds to Nelson in front and another 15 to Nuno in 4th place, I could relax a bit - even more so when Nelson turned out to be unreachable and Nuno lost more time - brought the podium home safely :)

Thanks for racing everyone, see you next week!

• Like Like x 2
  20. I Logged ten laps this morning then about the same in pre race practice. I was fast, or I felt so but Reik Major was majorly faster. Qualified third, and got up to second quickly had a fairly lonely race, but this track is among my favorites so I enjoyed my self :thumbsup:. Finished second, so I feel back to my normal self. Yesterday was merely a warm up for all my time away on vacation.

I feel like I may have exceeded track limits multiple times, I will check my replay and report back :unsure:

• Like Like x 3