1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Curitiba 07 - Friday November 11th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Remco de Wildt, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Car: Mini Challenge
    Track: Curitiba 07
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (80 minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

[​IMG]

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Bob Miley
    2. Vinicius Ferrerira
    3. Wayne Hammond
    4. Arunas Linkevicius
    5. Lasse Oinas
    6. Norman Biscuits
    7. Matthew Hooker
    8. Jari Aikio
    9. Andrii Melnykov
    10. Erik Hafner (maybe)
    11. Karsten Rudorf
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

2. Sign me up please.

3. i'm in if it will be 21:00gmt

my hope its wrong like spa wtcc07

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Corrected times. It is indeed 21:00.

5. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Sign me up please

6. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

i'm in

7. i'm in

8. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Server is up! :)

9. Norman Biscuits

Norman Biscuits
    @ Simberia @Simberia

i'll give this a go!

10. Sign me up, I'll be there!

11. im in

12. Sign me up

13. sign me in as a maybe. thx

14. sign me up

15. sign me up please

16. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

My gf was on track for a bit .she is not a member but used her full name. Would she have been allowed to stay for the race?

17. If I remember right, she has to be licensed first.

18. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Yeh thats what i thought and i wasn't going to ask for a excemption either. She doesn't want to sign up yet but i think in time she will.

We'll stick with "Public Servers" for now until she is ready to join us. Plus we are usually racing after midnight our time (PDT) anyways.

19. Excellent race from start to finish.

A 80 minute, 51 lap race.

Quali: 6/13.

Race: Everyone was clean on the T1 combo which is a feat in itself.
    During the next 2 laps I had climbed to P4 and back to 6th. On T1 of lap 3 I was entering the back straight pedal flat when Arunas came alongside on the outside and we touched. I proceeded down the straight but backed off to let him by. Consequently I let 2 others through first. Having seen the replay I see this was not my fault at all. Doh!

Lap 15 I was involved in a coming together between Arunas and Bob. There was nothing but a dense fog and then there was Bob. SMACK! Suspension damage! I tried to run but the car was all over the place. I had planned on a quick tyre stop but it was a few laps too early yet. This turned a quick tyre change into something much longer. Due to Arunus waiting for Bob I had 8th spot; I exited the pit-stop with Jari on lap 16 in P9.

By lap 19 I'm in 6th due to some drivers pitting. I followed Jari around for lap after lap until on lap 27 when he was involved in an incident and that gave me 4th. I gained a further spot before needing to come in on lap 34 for a planned fuel & tyre stop. However, I was continually messing with the pit request in order to get the engineer to call me in. This was over 2 laps and with Norman crawling over my back.

When I did eventually make to pit I out-braked the entrance and took a tour through the grass! I came out into a group of three and was P9. 2 laps later and I settled in 8th spot behind Arunas. I made the pass on lap 36 to gain P7 which he took back on lap 44 and that's how we stayed until the finish; 27 laps bumper to bumper. Good fun!

Arunus. I had a little chuckle when, on the penultimate lap, I saw you alongside the pit wall flashing your lights for a race finish. I drove behind you to urge you on. Thankfully, you realised quick enough to continue.

Dennis, you missed a good'n!!

20. Norman Biscuits

Norman Biscuits
    @ Simberia @Simberia

very enjoyable event - thanks remco.
    coupla fancy little battles on a solid drive to third - pretty shocked at that.

ray, your tyres must have been shagged when i was behind you.
    i'd pitted laaaaaaaaaaps before and you were still going! nicely!

feeling it towards the end on ruined tyres and lasse menacing behind me.
    roll on more of this stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.