1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU MINI Friday @ Caruaru - Friday March 25th 2016

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bram, Mar 18, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 25-03-16
  1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The legendary MINI Friday events have returned to RaceDepartment. Spread the word :) With a little bit of ABS these are the easiest cars to race online, so even if you are an absolute beginner make sure to join the fun.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us as a Premium Member
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well and become a premium member.

Join us as a Freemium Member
    If you haven't raced with us before and you'd like to register for a freemium account and race online at RaceDepartment for free for a full month, sign yourself up below. We have five slots reserved so first come first served.

How to connect to an Automobilista server: click here
    Cars: MINI Cooper
    Track: Caruaru

Practice: 19:00 GMT (45 minutes)
    Qualifying: 19:45 GMT (15 minutes)
    Formation Lap + Race: 20:00 GMT (80 minutes)

Car Setup:
    • Fixed setup. Make sure to save your default setup, and favorite afterwards to keep the same set for all sessions.
    • Anti Lock Brakes. It's advised to switch on Anti Lock Brakes for this car as it's the factory setting for the real MINI Challenge.
    Please note: Signup will close at 19:00 sharp as we also need time to practice. Thanks.

Entry List
    1. quicksilver384
    2. Franklin Stegink
    3. Dietmar
    4. alexSchmurtz
    5. Paul Jeffrey
    6. Steve Le Gallez
    7. Genci Estebanez
    8. Ingemar Petersson
    9. Norman Bruce
    10. Leon Charmant
    11. Joao Fernandes
    12. praxtonio
    13. ionONE1
    14. Dennis Phelan
    15. PurgerUK
    16. Schwud Nelsh
    17. bartolaf
    18. Dariusz Swiderski
    19. kedy89
    20. Martin Vindis
    21. Sven-Arne Andersson
    22. Gerbuho
    23. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    24. Mark Breslin
    25. race_fanatic_
    26. Discovery.Tv
    27. Hamed
    28. Azure Flare
    29. Paul Le Gallez
    30. Theo van den Brink
    31. Johand
    32. James Wilson
    33. guml
    34. PeeJayMX7
    35. Freemium Slot
    36. Freemium Slot
    37. Freemium Slot
    38. Freemium Slot
    UTP 83
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  2. quicksilver384

Professional ginger and crash test dummy. mmm mmm. Staff

im in please.
  3. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

I am in
  4. Dietmar

Premium Member

hope family / eastern is not coming into my way again ... in please!
  5. alexSchmurtz

Premium Member

I'm really slow in this car but this night race was really fun, I start to understand the legend of the MINI fridays… Please sign me in! :)
  6. quicksilver384

it doesnt matter how fast / slow you are you will start to love the Mini friday. If not for the racing then for the banter on TS. Get yourself on TS :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

In please! Its AWESOME :)
  8. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori
    Premium Member

In, please.
  9. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Premium Member

I'm in please
  10. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori
    Premium Member

I have actually questions about TS, maybe someone can help.
    I can't hear much, because of the sound of the engine and race noisy but I may adjust different volumes I guess. Do you guys turn the engine sound down?
    I have no idea who is talking. Is there any way you can see in you screen who is talking?
    I use the push-to-talk way but I find difficult to push the button and drive at the same time. What system do you use?
    Cheers :)
  11. Dietmar

Premium Member

Push2Talk here and I leveled up TS to overcome the issue not hearing anything. I do have a second screen, but during the race I do not much care who is talking, but after some time you anyway recognisze the voices.
  12. alexSchmurtz

Premium Member

I had TS already. I lowered the engine but I mostly had to adjust the volume from TS: I could not hear anything at the beginning! But I kept quiet so far: already pretty busy racing and listening to you guys! Had some nice laughs tho… :thumbsup:
    I use the voice recognition and it seems it working: I talked a bit in the test session after the race and it seems the others answered me… :)
  13. quicksilver384

If you are running windows 7 (8/8.1 and 10 may have the same option) you can change the volume settings of indevidual apps / programs. If you click on the volume icon on the taskbar hen click mixer you can lower the gave volume. I run AMS on 10% if i recall and master volume at 100%

As for the push to talk i have a button mapped on my wheel spesifically for that so it makes it easier.

And to see who is talking there is a plugin for TS to do that but it doesnt (i cant get it to) work in AMS.
  14. Antmerino

Sign me up,
  15. Sign me up.
    A question regarding default set up. I save my favourite setup (just fuel and brake pressure) but it doesn't keep for all sesions. What I'm doing wrong?
  16. quicksilver384

Its not working yet. Soon hopefully.
  17. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Premium Member

im in
  18. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce
    Premium Member

Sign me up please
  19. Leon Charmant