1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Brno, Friday, 20 February 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Mini
    Track: Brno
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Nelson Ullinskey
    3. -Damian Millet
    4. -Reggie Blain Snr
    5. -Reggie Blain
    6. -Björn Golda
    7. -Arunas Linkevicius
    8. -John Grant
    9. -Michael Klein
    10. -David Kingshott
    11. -Dave Morley
    12. -Aaron Channer
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    26. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  2. Damo

Premium Member

yes plz Dennis.

Damo :0)
  3. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Hoping to get off work in time, so... maybe? :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201508):
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Same here ;)
    And I need to go Premium..
  5. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

sign me up please
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I'm bringing Bourbon for this event, bring your own tumbler :D
    • Like Like x 2
  7. EireGreen™

Premium Member

Hey all.I m in. Greets
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  8. Hi everyone. Sorry I have not been around for a while. I will do my best to come to this event if you could sign me up. Look forward to catching up on TS and on the track
    • Like Like x 3
  9. I have just noticed my premium account has run out but I will try to get this done in time
  10. RaceProUK

Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Not a fan of the track really. Plus I have to spend some time with Swift Syntax; I need to figure out a way to stop her munching tyres in just four laps of the High Speed Ring.

So, sadly, Sash won't be getting an outing this week.
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

12. Sign me up please Dennis. Didnt think I'd make this, felt like death warmed up the past couple of days.
    I actually like the track, has a great flow to it. Makes gear ratio's crucial.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sorry I have very poor internet due to a ex cyclone. Gutted not to race today but I will be back next week. Take care Dave
  14. Good race tonight. Had fun battling with Nelson. :thumbsup:
    I'll see you all in a couple of weeks, I have a league race next week and the week after, so wont be able to make it.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Two great races in one nights event, not too shabby! The fast guys had a good one going and uh, a few of us at the rear had another.

What to do with a track you would rather not drive AND you're slow at?

I would go out and spend a lot of time on track coming up with a car that drove really well for myself. I'd find the pace I could maintain, the fastest I could go and have several ways of driving the same car. I'd also spend time running race simulations so I knew how long each type of pitstop I might opt for took and pick the time to pit as well as become very familiar with pit in. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Having done all that I would go into practice with everyone and never really try to go as fast as I could. I certainly wouldn't worry about quali with a small grid.

Luckily the game plan for the race worked out and I got as good a start as everyone. First ensure that the first laps are completed without error, watching the faster guys disappear while driving hard in high gears. At last Damo appears and he leads me out, I'm happy to follow, all the way to my pit stop which works out perfectly and I take a quick two left tires. The car is still handling great as Damo and Snr return, behind me. Careful driving, like a bat out of hell, work to keep me ahead and the car is still handling fantastic at the end of the race even though others have tires in better shape.

It's all really just a way of putting things into an acceptable perspective since I couldn't be at the front in a real contest of speed. :)

I'd like to thank an "reasonable distribution of grip" for a fun race.
    Also a thanks to all for attending.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Damo

Premium Member

Good race again , my only real error was talking central heating with Dennis which led me to a rather wide corner allowing Dennis to catch up slightly :D . This , added to his 2 tyre shuffle in the pits :D , left me 12 secs behind with not enough time left to catch up . Overall , happy with my set up which seemed to be giving reasonable grip around the corners , but next time , combi's and tiling will be left to other forums I visit :p:D :thumbsup:

Damo :)
    • Haha Haha x 2