1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Brno, Friday, 04 July 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Brno '10 [WTCC2010 required]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. David Kingshott
    3. Alex Odell
    4. Björn Golda
    5. Peter Ell
    6. Nuno Rodrigues
    7. Radek Bialek
    8. Nelson Ullinskey
    9. Damian Millett
    10. Arunas Linkevicius
    11. Hristo Milushev
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. I am in please

3. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Yeah, go on then!

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Well, won't be able to make it Thursday, and I can't limit myself to just one event a week, can I? I'm in! :)

The good news: The Mini's a lot more gentle to the left front tyre/the tyres in general.
    The bad news: I haven't driven them for quite a while :D On to some training laps.

5. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Sign me up please...

6. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

i will try to be here on time.

7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I'm gonna say yes but all depends on how my knee holds up.....painful right now :(

8. im in :) please

9. I thought I signed up for this a few days ago :redface:

Please put my name on that list :cool:

10. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Like with FBMW event my participation will be decided minutes until the start.. :(

11. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Sign me up plz.

Damo :)

12. Hristo Milushev

Hristo Milushev
    I thank Kenny Paton, for my premium

will now reinstall R07, and join blindly. Sing me,;) maybe

13. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Friday is supermarket day,wife order:D
    but also fun event day at RD so sign me please Dennis;)

14. Had to retire early with force feedback issues. It was like I lost everything except for input from the curbing. Tried to disconnect while in the pits, but then the wheel would not respond at all. Had a fast car too, so I feel bummed out about all this. Hope it was a fun race for the rest of you guys and I look forward to next week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Well, although that was a nice race, the report's gonna be a short one compared to my usual stuff ;)

Practice sessions went very well so I opted to not go into quals with race fuel this time - turned out to be the right choice as I snapped pole position on my last lap with only 2 thousands to Peter.
    Started fairly well, Peter was on my bumper but couldn't get beside and soon lost three-ish seconds while battling Nuno. We went into pits in the same lap without changing too much, still 3.X seconds at pit exit.
    I struggled for the first half lap afterwards but regained pace and actually managed to build a gap of about 8 secs until the finish line. Still, great fun as I was under constant pressure knowing there was a guy behind me about as fast :)

Thanks for racing guys, thanks for organising, Dennis!

edit: setup in case anyone's interested

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

@Radek Bialek A few of stuck around after the race to answer your question.

Some drivers had Blue Flag warnings on the first lap or at some point. This is a well know bug and usually happens when a driver comes into a race grid with less than 30 seconds to the start. Today we had one driver not make the grid and at least one other join with seconds to spare, this is probably what caused the problem. For this reason RD events are run using only the Black flag. Once you see a Black flag, it's game over. You usually get this if you do not stop for a SnG. Yellow flags are not meaningful in RD events either.

David, Alex and I started another race, the two of them took off on a lap and I stayed on the main straight to wait. After they passed me[putting me a lap down] I pulled ahead and instantly got blue flag warnings. I got repeated blue flag warnings, over and over but was never DQ'ed for it.

When this happens in the future, just ignore any blue flag warnings that happen on the first lap, unless you were lapped! it will be annoying audio but you can continue racing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to rework a n older setup and actually took two seconds off my time doing it. Maybe the '10 track both needs the changes and is faster!

Q could have been a few tenth's better but wouldn't have gotten me anything so, happy to race.

My gearing had me slow on the launch but I got to T1 and T2 alright and was right in the game. Moving up, Damo[Damian to those not on TS] hanging in and Alex goes by. Good first lap stuff! A good chase with Alex to David and Damo still there. Though Damo is right there I pit at the first chance for two lefts and I'm clear of everyone for a bit.Rakek comes out of the pit right behind me and easily passes me, then Nuno. Alex come out and I spin at T5 for him. All tough racing, nice to have! Valeerio and I remain in a tight, back and forth race all the ay to the end. My going wide at theend of the back straight gives him the lead and he respectfully makes it a close finish at the line. Good Stuff :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

fun event until pit i have a nice chase with Damian then him gone to pit I've been out for 2 laps so when i leave pits i was back Dennis after few laps i catch him and together we battled until end enjoyed much this fight mate;)

Congratulation all participants and congrats to Podium:)

Thanks Dennis and RD for event

• Like Like x 2
  18. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Good race , just dissappointed I couldn't find a competetive set up to keep up with my usual race m8 David. Then 1 lap to go and I spun off , completely lost heart after that , hence my early exit. :(
    Cheers

Damo