1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Adelaide Street Circuit - Friday June 22nd 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini Challenge
    Track: Adelaide Street Circuit
    Weather: Changeable
    Games: Race 07
    Skin Pack: Mini Friday Pack

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all of our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information quickly and easily. It will improve your driving skills dramatically as well as your relationship with your fellow drivers.

When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. If you do not then you will be reported as a no-show.

If the event uses a two race format then you are expected to be present for both races. If you leave during or after the first race without prior notice then you will be reported as a no-show.

You can not sign up as a 'maybe'. We will not reserve grid places for people that might be there, we give them to people that will be there.

When qualification starts and not all places are taken, reserves can then enter the server.

Entry List:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Wayne Hammond
    2. Bob Miley
    3. Erik Bennett
    4. Marcel vd Aa
    5. Nik Hughes
    6. Mark Gormley
    7. Marian Zelenka
    8. Fedor Szalafai
    9. Christopher Vrettos
    10. Leonardo Tuma
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#31

[​IMG]

2. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Sign me up please.

3. Sign me up please Yves.

4. Sign me up

5. Can't make it sorry

6. Looks like the usual crowd have left the Mini's. Sad, sad days.

7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

still early in the week Bob but indeed the sign up have declined lately :(

8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

9. Well at least you got one new driver :). Maybe not this week but next week I'll be there. Shame, because I enjoy this track.

10. Sign me up, last day I can do these time races during the week as I start my new job at IBM in the States.

11. It is a great track!

12. Well done Erik, we need more signups, this is gonna be a slidefest, already booked my submarine.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Sign me up...

14. OK Boys and Girls, this is going to be quite a race. Just did some practice laps and MY GOD it's slippery. With not a ton of setup options on the Mini's let's team up and talk about setup's.

It is more like a karmac rally race than anything else with this race, super fun, very nerve wrecking.

All I can tell at this point is, put wets on, I'm running my brake pressure at 75% and moving more bias towards the back. Any other tips on how to make the cars handle better?

This is going to be a FUN FUN race!

15. Although I'm not going I did a serious setup a few days ago, and the end I did a 1:39.9.

I don't understand how the car is sliding for you, for me it understeers horribly. I prefer the car to be very responsive on turn in, yet stable in the middle of the corner, so just adjust tire pressures and braking. After that look at your suspension.

16. I'm lucky getting around 1:50's. You can't change the suspension on the Mini's. What kind of tire pressures you running?

17. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

1:39.9?!? Sounds like a dry lap time... running the same 1:50's as Erik here on full fuel load.

18. Sign me up please. Not done a mini round in ages, been concentrating on the RDTCC recently, but I love Adelaide too much to miss this!

Edit: Just did a couple of laps with a basic set up and full tank and got into the 1:48s...I think even with an alien's pace and an empty tank getting below 1:40 is impossible, unless there's something I'm missing!

19. Mark Gormley

Mark Gormley
    #14 | The Silent Killer

Sign me up too please.

20. Erik, for wet setup use default then make front toe -1.00 rear toe +0.80 front arb 40 rear arb 70 that did me good for a 1:48.6 last night, but was very scary on first chicane so I will be doing 1:50- 1:52 in race just to stay off the wall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.