1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Coopers @ Falkenberg Tuesday January 27th

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by William Yunck, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Servername: racedepartment.com US
    Password: click here

Class: Mini Cooper S
    Track: Falkenberg
    Weather: Dry

Practice: Tuesday January 27th 9:00 PM EST, ( Wednesday 2:00 GMT ) 30 minutes
    Qualification: 30 minutes
    Race: (10:00PM EST - 3:00 GMT) 2 by 15 laps, WTCC rules - no forced pits

Notes: This is a Race 07 - STCC the game event, STCC expansion is required. Mini's on this track should be a blast. :rotfl:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

1. Matt Alpeter
    2. Peter Bartfai
    3. Rhys Gardiner
    4. Corey Theman
    5. Keith Barrick
    6. Bob luneski
    7. William Yunck
    8. Bill Kaiser
    9. Bram Hengeveld
    10. Simon Trendell
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

1. Dave Stephenson
    2. Gaynall Hudgins
    3. Driver
    4. Driver
    5. Driver
  2. the last weekday event i can make for a long long time. sign me up!
  3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

Put me in the reserves please William, hopefully she'll be out :)
  4. I was thinking about having a sleep that time instead of racing, but I can't miss this one!:) I love the Minis, so please sign me up, I'll come!
  5. Since the GT Sport race didn't go as well as I had planned, I suppose this will be my last US race for a while. Please sign me up William! :becky:
  6. Put me in reserves, please. Haven't driven a Mini in a while!:clap:
  7. sign me up!
  8. Sign me up please, I think ive solved my overheating problem. Tests have been good so far.
  9. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

oh yeah, can't miss this one...
  10. Please sign me up!!
  11. I'm in too. :)
  12. While I have Mini envy for real, I have never raced these things so sign me up.
  13. Ah, William... According to the times in the signup post, this event happened a week ago... :wink2:
  14. Took the mini out for a quick cruise around this course last night and can already tell it will be great fun:dance2:
  15. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

thanks Rhys to point that to us, it is now corrected :good:
  16. Oops, usually I don't put the date in the thread too, so when I copy and paste this doesn' t happen... but last week I did use the date for some reason. Sorry - thanks Yves for fixing it. :)
  17. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Real sorry guys, feeling a bit under the weather, so i am going to skip this one and go to bed early...have fun.
  18. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Me and Simon join in :)
  19. Huge fun!:) Especially the 2nd race!

Quali: Very close, I think the difference was 0.009, I came 2nd behind Simon!

Race1: The first few laps were hard, Simon could pull out about 2,5 seconds, then I started to get closer, about 0,2-0,3 seconds/lap, and when I was only 1,5 seconds behind I touched the grass and spun. Came back 5th behind Corey, had a nice fight with him, finished very close!

Race2: Again the first few laps were hard, I could hardly match the speed of Matt, but then again I became faster and I arrived! It was really hard to find a spot where I could pass, in some lap I tried, but Simon arrived too, and had to fight with him as well!:) Then Matt became free of us as Simon passed me and then I passed him back. Then in last lap we had a "whole lap" fight with Simon, going through almost all of the corners side by side! That was huge!!! He won the fight, well done!:)

Grats for Simon&Matt for wins, and grats for Willi too for overall 3rd!
    I finished 4th overall and that isn't a bad result!

This was a great race, as I said there, this was the most fun race I ever had! Thx to Willi and RD for setting this up!
  20. Great fun, this race. :thumb:

Qualifying: My best ever qualifying standing in my time with RaceDepartment: 3rd.

Race 1: I clicked to join the grid with high hopes. Until I realised that I had stupidly forgotten to fill my car up. :doh: I raced around for the few laps I could before pitting for fuel, which left me last. I managed to catch Bob for 8th before the race ended.

Race 2: Wheee, Pole! I managed to get a good getaway, but I lost the lead when Bob smashed into me. (Don't worry about it Bob, it's all good.) That left me 4th behind Matt, Peter and Simon. And so it stayed, with me finishing in the same position. By the way, Matt, Peter and Simon, that was the most epic three-way battle I've seen in my simracing career. Classic stuff! :D

Greatest US event ever, in my opinion. Great way to close off my dedicated US racing for a while. Already gearing up for STCC on Saturday! :dance:

Rhys :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.