1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Cooper - Valencia 06

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Stephen Morris, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valencia is located in the heart of Spain and rivals the track in Barcelona as the premier Spanish venue for motorsports. The layout has a great flow and rythm, drivers say the corner combinations "feel" natural and logical. It also has lots of overtaking opportunities and several corners where alternative lines can be taken.

To do a fast lap at Valencia you need to nail the last and very challenging turn perfectly. It is a blind downhill negative camber braking zone, where you need to trust your instincts. The exit from that last corner is the key element at Valencia, get it right and you will carry speed all the way down the straight, get it wrong and you will compromise both your current lap and the next one.

[​IMG]

LAPRECORD:

1.52.850 - Neo[RPM]

1.53.075 - Rickard[RPM] #5
    1.53.077 - henY
    1.53.418 - WOOFER[RPM]
    1.53.635 - Warren

1.54.503 - Scyp[RPM]

2. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

1.54.503 - Scyp[RPM] - Mini Cooper #5

Man I suck!

3. 1:53.975 henY - Mini Challenge

4. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

Ah, so you suck too, lol.

In raceweekends the AI does 1.50s!

5. then i suck too... lol

[​IMG]

r u sure that they dont have Ferrari mod installed...? :)

6. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

I suppose they have, you can't keep up with the Mini AI.

7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Blimey! If you guys suck, then I'm dragging an anchor around the circuit.
    Just spent about 30 min on the server (testing) with a best time of 1.56.550. (rather embarracing!!) (':-$')
    I have always found the Mini's much more difficult to compete with compared to the WTCC cars. Maybe the setups are way off or they require a different driving style. You'd think I'd be better considering I drive one IRL but I'm hopeless. Oh well, more practice I guess.

8. You can find a quite good basic setup kit here on the site from Simbin, it includes for all the tracks and all the cars 3 setups:, basic, advanced and wet.
    You can download it from here:
    (dead link)

For the Minis i use the advanced setup, i dont have time to make my own setup for the Minis (busy with Honda setuping for the tournament... lol)

Also please take car to make the hotlaps in the Mini-s from cockpit view, since we have a forced cockpit view for the Mini Cooper tournament, so everbody is practising like that. :)

9. 1 quick question Neo... These setups that youre talking about from simbim, arent these already ingame yet?

If not i have too download them 2 :)

10. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

No, Don....you can find them here: http://www.rpmnet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=894

The only setups you can find ingame are the default settings.

11. As Maus wrote...

12. Ok thanks guys, as soon as im home i'll download them! THanks alot!!!

13. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Thanks Neo, this setup helped, feels much better. I've at least swapped the anchor for a smaller sandbag but the supercharger must still be playing up.
    Last test run was 1.55.525.
    Maybe with more practice?? ('[-o<')

14. Sure it is only practise, i did my time with the same setup

15. 1:53.575 henY

16. no way, i still had some reserve tenths, i will not put my best shot for the first time that everyone is just beating it and i cant respond to it... looooool

besides i did just 15 laps so far in the Mini there, so still some more spare time to find... :)

17. here is the new target henY... :)

[​IMG]

18. oh my god.

that's impossible for me. 1:53.5 is default setup limit :-s

19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Please don't bother about this, I am just trying to see if I can post an image of a hotlap, if I ever fluke a good one.

Edit: Looks like it worked, now for the hard part, learning to drive competitively.
    Please resume normal transmission. Sorry.

20. I donno, what you call default? I made that time with the Advanced Simbin setup, for me thats default....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.