Mini Cooper S & Mini 1310 @ Nurburgring Sprint - Tues Oct 12th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyertc65.jpg

i1307_gtlmini.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: TC-65
Vehicles: Race 1: Mini Cooper (Default) / Race 2: Mini 1310 (Download)
Track: Nurburgring Sprint (Default)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - one timed lap
Race: 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Default skins that are included with the 1310 mod. We will be using the TC65 Skinpack v1.01 for the default Mini.

Setups:

Attachments

• CDMini.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 256
  • CDMini1310.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 234
Got a problem here. Any ideas.

Problem with the Mini Cooper S Eligible Teams cars. For cars numbered 21, 31, 34, 55, 60, 66, 79, 461, 789, and 888 there are two choices of each car showing when playing on and offline. When offline I can load each car but only from one of their two choices... the other choice shows nothing in the show room after buying it.

When I went onto the server tonight I can load and drive all cars tried online except the double choice Mini Cooper S ones. The game crashes to desktop after I see my name being loaded.

I have installed the latest skinpack for this event. I noticed the double choices were there before this skin pack was installed.

Perhaps a couple of different versions?
I would try to remove those cars from the folder, back them up somewhere, and reinstall the skin pack.

I just did some looking around and I noticed that those same numbered cars for the Mini Copper S are in the Austin Healy 3000 folder ( GTC-65 ). I am assuming that I put them in there by mistake some time ago so I'm going to remove them. I am also assuming that there should only be 4 Austin Healy skins ...450, 453, 471, and 473.

I just did some looking around and I noticed that those same numbered cars for the Mini Copper S are in the Austin Healy 3000 folder ( GTC-65 ). I am assuming that I put them in there by mistake some time ago so I'm going to remove them. I am also assuming that there should only be 4 Austin Healy skins ...450, 453, 471, and 473.

Problem solved.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to drop out. I've got a really bad pain in my back, possibly sciatica, and sitting still too long is too painful. Add to that I've managed to break the clamp on my F430 wheel, and I'm not a happy bunny. The FF EX just isn't the same :(
Was really looking forward to the mini's too. Are we racing them again next week? How about round Pau :p

Problem found I think,it was an old sprint pack did not realised that,instead take my league install an put again an old skinpack in there so this won't work all so,re install an put in the right one an Quali I go, race start hit wrong button an out I go pffffffffff

well waiting for the 1310 to start

Still a little sick and was not up for racing. Tried to concentrate and do an effort in first race, but my head was toast and I was all over the place. This coupled with some PC-hickups ultimately lead to me ramming Bob off the track which I'm very sorry for. For the rest of the race I kept duy'ing at the back of the field. This continued in race 2, but I had to quit early as I have some visitors on the way.

Sorry for messy driving tonight, but I finally got to drive the 1310 which was really nice!

Great event tonight, I was actually racing with people :eek:. It must be because I was on a chair, and not an exercise ball, LOL.

Was racing with Jack most of the night, quite fun :)
Apologies for that contact in T1 near the end of race 2; had no idea where you were, or how we collided. I have just the rear view mirror on, and couldn't look back in the middle of locking up and turning, LOL

Cheers to the organizers, loved the cars :good:

Finely could connect an drive,missed the mini but race the 1310 Q surprise on p4,not a good start to slow an Carlos passed me so p5 an promised my self to stay there making some little slides an Senad was closing, put my head in an did some good laps am making some distance , in the last few laps I saw Nigel closing outbrake my self in the chicane an just 1 lap to go hold on an fin on p5.

Great fun these cars,thanks Carlos

Well Carlos what can I say, I'll tell you.

This was absolutely brilliant fun tonight. Race 1 and after getting off the line I settled into 2nd spot behind Knut. There was a little gap but I held it in the opening laps knowing things will get faster as the tyres warm up and the fuel goes down. Knut started to make a couple of little mistakes which allowed me to close the gap. Now on Knut's tail & pushing hard to try and make a move Knut has another little wobble so get along side and edge by a bit and thought I had the move done when Knut was up the inside and we made contact. I wasn't sure at the time if I had got fully by but as I couldn't see Knut I went for the apex but it appears Knut made a tiny mistake. Knut I have no problem with it at all mate, just one of those things. Anyway recovered back to track by which time Neil had taken the top spot & I was back once again in 2nd. Over the next couple of laps I was only taking a 10th or 2 out of Neil's lead which wasn't going to be good enough but then Neil had a moment which allowed me to get right on the back on him. Now the race was on again & until we crossed the line we went round lap after lap with just about a minis' indicator lens between us, it was rocking man. Nice job Neil for making a mini as wide as a double decker bus.

Race 2, starting from pole got off to a good start and managed to pull a little gap to Nige over the next couple of laps then realised that on my own it was going to be a boring race so decided to back off a bit and let Nige catch up and pass so we could have some fun. While this was going on Thommo & Carlos closed the gap so now there was 4 in the pack. This was when it got really interesting, & over the rest of the laps until the finish the lead swapped a few times, places swapped a lot & the fun factor went through the roof.

Thanks Carlos for a couple of cracking races in 2 really fun cars. Grts to Neil & Thommo on their wins, well done chaps. Thanks also to Neil, Thommo, Nige & Carlos for some great driving tonight and making this a memorable nights racing. Also thanks to all the guys who showed up tonight & I also hope you had as much fun as I did driving these cracking little cars. Hope to see ya all next week for anothe installment.

Yes sir, they are fun cars to drive and Senad and I had long battles in both races with him edging me out at the end in both cases, but just being there was an exciting rush. As for the bump, no harm because you did the right thing. I tried to hold my line right to the end but you couldn't see me. Thanks for waiting.

Immediately after the end of R2 while doing foolishness I accidently bumped Tim K. (apology given if I errored) who I hope was finished and was not trying to complete a final lap. I had put full concentration on the road ahead trying to catch/ pass Senad and I mistakingly thought that I was the last driver. Always something to improve on.

Acknowledgements to Neil and Stu for the fine driving that you do.
In race 2, I received alittle dent but there was no malicious intent.
Then while acting out the fool I accidently bumped Tim, not cool.
Thanks to Carlos for the event and all racers, time well spent.

Superb night's racing for me :good:

I've never been a big fan of the Nurb tracks for lower powered cars, thinking that it's best enjoyed on mid-range GTC-65's and up, but the Minis are such a giggle to drive anywhere that I didn't ever really think it felt mismatched.

Even though I won in the 1310's, I do prefer the "normal" Cooper S to drive, but that's just a personal preference thing, and can totally see why people may think the opposite.

Race 1 was quieter for me out of the two races - pretty much just keeping my nose clean meant Hutcho & Neil drove off, while I kept a decent gap behind me to Carlos/Nige's battle.

Race 2 - that's a whole other matter. One of the most intense multicar battles I can recall - very similar to the RDHGP League race @ Mo I Rana. Thinking about it, I suspect that me, Hutch, Nige & Carlos were all in the lead at some stage, and I know I took the lead at least 3 times, so there were multiple changes at the front right from the start, and all the way through to near the end. Fantastic racing, gents.

Thanks Carlos & RD.

As I was mentioning on TS, the standard Mini's times are almost identical to the Lancia Fulvias, so there could be some FWD frenzy events there, and the 1310 probably the best fit against things that are, like itself, too quick for the normal TC65 cars - things like the Fiat 131, Alfa Junior, Falcon Rallye etc.

So we might be getting another "pseudo class" together of things that don't really fit in the standard classes, but are fairly close among themselves.

A TC-72 or similar :good:

Had mixed feelings about this event in that they both were a new car to me and after a few laps of practice with the standard Mini i knew i would enjoy this event and i did :)
I also prefer the standard Mini to the 1310 one, it just feels better all round, slightly slower but a lot better feeling to it all round.

thnx to all for making it a good nights racing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back