Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
header.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Class: Austin Mini Cooper S (Default)
Track: GP 200 International (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (16 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (16 laps)

Note1: You must download and install this livery pack (Download) Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S
Note2: If you do not have a livery in the pack, you must use a default skin.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Tim Ling
  3. Jack Smith
  4. Andreas Scholz
  5. Rupe Wilson
  6. Roland Warmenhoven
  7. Paul M Jones
  8. Peter van Zanten
  9. Hans Sneep
  10. Jacob Boonstra
  11. Warren Dawes
  12. Senad Subasic
  13. Neil Gault
  14. David Cuthill
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

...Anyway, it was still lots of fun, and good to be able to finally join the GTL group again and shake off some of my rust.
It certainly was good to see Mr. Mini on track again himself and not just a bunch of his Mini setups:D (And no I'm not suggesting you're neither tall nor well-equipped:p )
Race 2: .. This time I saw Roland go off behind me, in identical fashion to my Race 1 crash, and I was looking in my rear view mirror to see if I contributed when I missed the right hand uphill turn and slammed into the wall, then bogging it in the sand. ...:)
Yep, I did, and it was one of my prettier crashes of the evening, if I say so myself:roflmao: I just put myself too close on your tail and misjudged my braking so evasive action was needed.. Sorry I distracted you:rolleyes:

Seems like we can all agree that this race was hilarious fun despite the track bug. Lost count of the number of rolls and spins I had, I think I have been running in every track position but the lead at some point. And I was not alone. Still, I honestly tried to do some serious racing, but especially in R1 I went off at the weirdest of places at the strangest moments..
Then again, those little Mini's are such great cars to just throw around a track like this, I just couldn't help myself getting more than two wheels outside the lines from time to time..:cool:

Grats to whoever won, and those who made the podium, I don't remember TBH. And thanks all for some hilariously good fun! I'm already looking forward to next week's Thursday..

However, from both the track colour scheme and from chasing Hans and Peter in front with Jacob behind me for a number of laps, I've come to the insight that there is such a thing as too much orange:laugh::roflmao:, so I will most likely go a different route with the skin of my next league car..

Nice to be back racing again,bit rusty but who knows the different in my racing "style"
Good start an after some trouble of my fellow racers running in the p6? after i think 6 laps the lap counter give me p14?? a bit distracted an going to late in t1 not holding the car an go strait in to the wall all guys passing, try to keep up for a few laps the race over!!

R2 was a small disaster for me was a bit tired an good not keep the car in good control was all over the track flip a few times an fin last I think.
Track was great just a little Roller Coaster !!
Thanks Stuart, grats Podium an all who where there !!

[quote="Roland Warmenhoven,
However, from both the track colour scheme and from chasing Hans and Peter in front with Jacob behind me for a number of laps, I've come to the insight that there is such a thing as too much orange:laugh::roflmao:, so I will most likely go a different route with the skin of my next league car..

It's good to see a lot of orange,my new skin an saw my old skin running (overtook me :redface:)
Jacob ?I hope he bring it back in the way he received it;)

Yup, nice racing yesterday! Went well in the quali's. Bit of a ballet in the Race 1, at the end of lap 1 tumbling over DC after hitting those nasty curbstones and landed on my roof...:D restarted at the back of the field, regained some places because others did some turning and flips as well :cool:...
Race 2 went very well but was bit lonely up front...cause everyone was having fun with rolling and flips behind me i think, did i missed all the fun?:D

BTW if i understand you well Hans S. i'm i using y're old skin? That's a coincidence.
I'll try too keep it unscratched if you want it back :whistling:

Thx for the race and cya next time!

Beware the day when the world becomes orange....

This race has been medium fun to me! But could have been much more. And here it goes...
I have booting problems on my computer. It seems to be the mainboard, as changing power supply, RAM, graphics adapter and removing optical drives, hdd, ssd, soundblaster, tv-card all didn't help any. So I fear it must be the mainboard. And that could take up to six weeks to replace...
I try to come trough the summer with this issue, so not sitting out all the mini races hehe.

But for the races: When switching parts and testing things, I severely hurt my back and the tightening of my muscles took away my breath. When the race came, I at least was able to sit without much pain and could even drive:geek: Well, not having a setup, not having practiced the track and fine motor skills switched off whit the back problems I didn't have even one good lap in race 1. I wrecked the car several times (love the flip-roll in that slow chicane^^) and immediatly after the first few mistakes decided to let anyone past and just follow and overtake all those cars spinning... Didn't help, I spun even more:roflmao:

In race 2, I knew the track and could fight in one of the groups! That was so much fun. I wish I could have enjoyed it much more! But it really was >>very<< stressful to drive on Tuesday.

Mr. Ling, you were riding a 1300 Mini:sneaky: with 100kgs less weight:whistling: Nobody noticed lol...
This track is so great, I did more laps on Wednesday and yesterday. And came to a 1.38.5. At least 2 seconds or so faster. Thanks to Warren, I had a look at his setup for Bathurst. The diff settings are sooooo weird. But that was the trick. Thanks!
I was so down I didnt't even ask in chat for some hints...

I hope I rammed noone and see you on track soon!
Great and fair racing! I like it here!

Thursdays are NASCAR league days. I can't join then...what a pitty.

Hi Andreas, i also have seen different people in the 1300 mini, its a GTL thing they are in a standard mini...:D

It was another night of mini madness with some good racing thrown it to measure...
was i the only one not to barrel roll into oblivian...i only managed a spin in the first race:(
Maybe i need to try harder.. but great fun...

thanks to Stu and Knut for and all who took part...

Yeah, the first time I raced in an event with Tim the game showed him driving a 1310. Then I quit, uninstalled the 1310 and came back in and he was in a regular Mini. Must be a game conflict of some kind.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%