Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
header.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Class: Austin Mini Cooper S (Default)
Track: Brimingham Superprix (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (13 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (13 laps)

Note1: You must download and install this livery pack (Download) Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S
Note2: If you do not have a livery in the pack, you must use a default skin.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Senad Subasic
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Roland Warmenhoven
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Paul M Jones
  6. Jack Smith
  7. David Cuthill
  8. Jacob Boonstra
  9. Tim Ling
  10. Andreas Scholz
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Don't like street circuits, but I managed to be in the top half in practice.

This time I was in first gear at the start, but I guess I forgot to press the clutch. So revved the engine, and started moving forwards before the start of the race. Luckily, no penalty, I just reversed a bit, and all was well.

Following Rupe for most of the race. I was gaining a lot of time on him in that T2-3 chicane. At one point I was too close, and hit him, causing him to lose control, we lost a couple of spots.
Later messed up turn 1; too fast, too shallow, understeered and collected the wall on the outside. Did a pirouette, and got in Rupe's way I guess. My apologies for both incidents.

He did get in front of me later on, until about 10 mins in when I carried more speed onto the back straight, slipstreamed into his bootlid and moved my car next to his at the inside while braking at the end of the straight. With Senad aiming for the apex there was some contact but I felt it didn't harm either of us that much; one corner later Senad decided to ESC out though:(. I'm sorry if I caused you to; It didn't seem like a dishonest move to me..
I was on the racing line, on my standard braking point, going through that corner the fastest I could do without hitting the fence. Didn't see you after I started braking, but figured you couldn't make that corner without hitting the fence at least, whilst braking later, and going in shallower.
Hadn't checked the replay, so can't comment much, racing incident. At the time didn't feel like a clean pass, so escaped after seeing you move on.

Big thanks to Stuart as usual, shame you had a bad outing.
Hope to see you all next week

It was good Fun Senad.:) Ok we both ended up in the wall, but it was fun blasting round .
I always take it a bit easy on street courses ...no runnoff mean quick departure... it got the better off me in the end ..i did not push it into the corners but was getting great drive through the bends catching up but then loosing a bit ..great fun in both races ..:)

Glad with 2 things,no cut warnings on this track (should had a few...)
an my lap time in R2, 1.55.6xx (only once) but that was all I think to much mistakes to keep up,but still fun racing the Mini's !
Grats Podiums,thanks Stuart an all you guys for racing !!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 47 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 13.9%