The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Mini Cooper S
Track: Early Brands / Oulton Park Island
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Download and install TC65 v1.0 skin pack. From now on, Carlos & I will just be maintaining 3 skinpacks for all cars in the game - one for each car class. This is the first of the three and contains all TC65 skins used in the RD Club & Leagues so far. To install, point at your GTL folder and overwrite files when prompted.

Attachments

• mini_sprint.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 274
Oh so rusty in FWD,im sure it all felt better those few laps practice with Nige earlier in the evening.....stumbled in later than i wanted and fumbled a qual lap for 6th,shaky and pensive start for the first 2 or 3 laps really,sort of got a rythym going for a bit then went all inconsistent and even a spin around at Hissy's chicane (it was inevitible)...somehow scraped in 3rd place regardless.
A bit more on the money for Brands but just short of Ralf's mark,a trend that continued almost every lap of the race as well,a forlorn lonely chase in 2nd place from start to finish,because its Brands i enjoy every lap anyway :).
Nice to see the Mini-Meister Wazza Dawza giving some schooling at Oulton and a very convincing job by Ralf at Brands too,but the tracks and car combo sort of made us all winners there really.

Big Thanks Stu & RD

Yeah, I'll have to hold my hands up here - I'm only going to give myself a 50% for last night.

I have to admit that I tested the two completely separately when coming up with this event - if I'd done them back-to-back like we did last night, I suspect that Brands would not have made the cut.

Oulton showed how a good, no - great - Mini circuit is put together, fast sweeps, slow hairpins, gradients, bumps, and gave Brands (far too slippery, far too spaced out, some overly punitive cut warnings) a damn good thrashing.

Oulton will get a runout again ahead of Brands, IMO. More powerful cars around Brands will only exaggerate the failings, I suspect.

Although I was last and pre last of the pack in any session of the event at Oulton I really do like that track. During race I experienced a huge advantage of corner speed of anyone around me. Not only turn entrance but exits also. Some might remember when they entered the track behind me after a mistake they caught up on me 5 and more seconds within 2/3 turns. So I decided to give a clean pass to everyone. Except Carlos, he seemed to be the only one on my planet, thanks mate. So, incredible speed from you guys.

Brands for me is in the same region of being liked as Oulton and except 1click more gear ratio and a bit more fuel neither driver nor setup changed.
I also used my base setup from my time at the "Altbierbude".

Thanks to everyone for another nice evening

@Carlos: my suggestion of cars is the rarely driven Shelby GT350

You should have been here when we had the 350 against the Benz at Spa Ralf, you would have loved it.
We also threw it up against the Ferrari 250 SWB at Bridghampton not long ago.
I will definitely bring it back soon. Unless Thommo beats me to it that is lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%