The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Mini Cooper S
Track: Early Brands / Oulton Park Island
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Download and install TC65 v1.0 skin pack. From now on, Carlos & I will just be maintaining 3 skinpacks for all cars in the game - one for each car class. This is the first of the three and contains all TC65 skins used in the RD Club & Leagues so far. To install, point at your GTL folder and overwrite files when prompted.

Attachments

• mini_sprint.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 274
Now, I'm biased - it's my event and that - but trying to be objective, Oulton Park in the Mini is one of the best combinations I've driven in GTL.

That's quite a big statement to make considering some of the events we've had recently, but honestly - it's triffick :good:

i`m a paddle shifter through and through m8 :D

i did get both the H-shifter & Sequential shifter with it, waiting on a braket to bolt them down as the 2 bars that come with it are about as usefull as the wheel clamp (yes i drilled 4 holes in my desk to mount the wheel). both shifters are well stiff and give a loud click, so will probebly just use Sequential shifetr for brake bias or handbrake.

Now, I'm biased - it's my event and that - but trying to be objective, Oulton Park in the Mini is one of the best combinations I've driven in GTL.

It's not often I agree with anyone but on this occasion I do. Oulton Park is one of the british classics & like some others I have driven it in many a codemarsters game but in GTL, + the Mini its bloody awesome. As for Brands, apart from that nasty track cut, great to have another lengendary british track in GTL. Can't wait for tonights event as I feel this is going to be one of those talked about club races.

Now bring it on..........

Race 1... Well, 1 lap of race 1, lol. Looked decent, liked the track a lot, I was 4th from last in practice even :parrot:, but had trouble controlling the car in the race. Absolutely no idea why, I didn't change anything. Went wide once, and then clipped the bridge, spun around and stalled. Since I had no idea what button my starter was assigned to, I retired.

Race 2... Hadn't tried the track before, didn't have one clean lap in practice, didn't look good. Managed to keep up with the pack in the first couple of laps. Overtook Carlos and Roman, as they went wide, and did a S&G, respectively, and had a 20 second advantage.
People in front had issues as well, at one point I was 4 seconds behind. But I was too slow to keep up, and drifted back again.

Roman was way quicker than me, 20 second advantage was cut down to 10 or something, but I guess that's when the second S&G kicked in, bad luck there. 3-4 laps till the end, 20 second advantage, I just wanted to keep the thing on the road. But in just a couple of laps, Roman got it down to ~10 sec again, and I started to panic a bit :D. Went wiiiiiide in T4, advantage gone, he was in my mirrors, and closing. Luckily, it was the last lap, so I held on to my not-last position \o/

Congrats Warren and Ralf :)

Really good fun, great to be able to join the GTL gentlemen again, I have missed you lot. Looking forward to the end of DST when I can join more regularly.
Of course, always top fun for me in the ol Mini.

Race 1: Oulton. What a great track, loved it as soon as I tried it, and it suited the Mini perfectly. I immediately felt at home.
Qualified P2 behind the flying Nigel and his new wheel. :)
Started ok (by my poor standards) and held P2 for lap 1. In the last turn, Nige gifted me the lead by going over the outside curb, and from then on I had the luxury of a clean track. That obviously gave me the big advantage of not getting involved in any battles so I could open up a gap and take the win.

Race 2: Brands. Hmmmnnnn!! Big difference this time, I just couldn't get used to the lack of grip (or off camber turns ??? :confused: ). Really struggled here.
Qualified about P7 ish. The start was confusing, I thought some cars must have been invisible ( big gaps in front) so I was super cautious in case I hit someone. Dropped to about P10 and just tried to stay on track and not slip off. Had a really good battle with Bob M and Nigel for many laps, and by mid race I was slooooly catching the battle of Steve and Bob H. On the final turn, I went through the biggest cloud of smoke I have ever seen, held my breath, then saw Stuart sideways in the middle of the mist. Phew, missed him. :eek: Then I caught Bob H and Steve, and we had a good battle which was building up to be a cracker, but Steve got a Stop n Go, what a shame. I followed Bob for many laps trying to learn his lines through the slippery turns, until he went just wide enough to catch a bit of grass, giving me the pass. We continued the battle, but I held on to finish P3. Great race though Bob. Loved it, but wasn't real fussed on the track, something wierd about the grip level I think.
Grats to Ralf who clearly loved this track, and well done to Gary for P2. :cool:

Very enjoyable, hopefully I can join more often soon.

Thanks for the event Stu, specially choosing my favourite Mini and the wonderful Oulton Park, hope to see this track more often. :D

Got the game 1.5h before the event, install went smooth(surprisingly lol) and have to say i like this game very much :)
Had great time in both races and for sure i will be joining more GTL events.
Thx to Stuart and RD for the event. Special THX to Nigel who helped me to get this game and all needed files.

See you all next time :)

Tonight was absolutly brilliant, well for race 1 anyways.

After a poor quli, went wide at T1, but was mid pack. Good start and after lap 2 got by Steve & Lenno, who were having issues with Roman's lag I think. Couple of laps behind Roman and he goes wide so I put the hammer down to catch the front 3. Again, a couple of laps & I'm on Dariusz tail looking for a way by but going into the chicane he brakes earlier than me, maybe down to Nige's new peddals, so rather than hit him I take avoiding action which puts me on the grass & then into the tyre barrier head on. After this I thought my race was done but looking at XD I still had engine life so stoked up the old girl and off I set once more. Started to drive the wheels off it & soom caught Carlos, then Steve & then later in the race I caught up with the battling Stu, Lenno & Nige. As Stu had a stop & go, & then Lenno & Nige go off track I find myself upto 3rd but this wasn't to last long as I go wide going through the double right hander and give back my place to Lenno & Nige but Nige goes off again so I nipe through to finish 4th. I think Oulton Park is the nutts and like Warren recon we should visit real soon.

As for Race 2, again mess up quali and again mid pack. Good start and after getting by Dariusz with him going wide start to chase down Steve with Stu playing catch up. This goes on for a few laps until Steve gets his stop&go and has to pit. Stu then bins it again and now I have Warren trying to close the gap. Lenno & Ralf are too far in front now to catch so I just keep going round trying to keep Warren at a safe distance. After a good few laps go by with Warren maintaining a 1 second gap to me I go wide at clark curve, last turn before the start finish straight, and Warren nips through. Now I'm chasing Warren down but can't really get close enough to make a pass. 2 laps from the end of the race I go wide at Surtees and Warren extends the gap so I settle for 4th place. Nice driving there mate.

Grts to Warren & Ralf for the wins tonight, thanks to Stu for putting it all together, thanks to all those that took part, nice driving guys. See ya all next time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 256 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%