1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MIni Challenge @ Zandvoort 07- Wednesday- November 17th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RaceDepartment US-MINI
    Track: Zandvoort 07
    Weather: VARIABLE weather forecast link
    Practice: 45 minutes (20:00 EST / 01:00 GMT )
    Qualification: 10 minutes
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2x22 minutes
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules ​
  2. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Keith Barrick
    3. Saul Boucher
    4. Thomas Hackel
    5. Willie Watt
    6. Tyler Scurlock
    7. Duarte Lopes
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?
  3. reserved:
  4. Sign me ip please
  5. Zandvoort. Hell yeah!
  6. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel
    Honk - Forum Games Moderator

Me too, pls.
  7. Maybe
  8. Im in.
  9. Sign me in pls
  10. Eric, I just want to be sure, but the mini event tonight says it starts at 20:00 hours EST, (that is 8:00 for you right?) that would be too early for me I think. If I can make it and there is still room I may join during qualifying. if that is ok.
  11. yeah 8PM for us
  12. Sign me up:)
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

I'm in.
  14. Sorry guys but i'm out. I just don't see the 45 min practice and is getting late for me.

Sorry Eric
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Somebody stole my car!
    The setups I had on file were undriveable here, no idea why.
    I pulled one from Brands Hatch to play with but coun't get any consisency or speed.
    When I did get some speed I was still 6-8 seconds behind the leaders. Am I getting slower or are the top drivers just getting faster?

Well, I was so far off the pace that I had two lonely drives. The only consolation was finally getting to a decent[for me] lap time.

Thanks to RD, all that showed up, for TS and the races.
  16. Mini's - Zandvoort always Great fun. A very overlooked track in the same way as anderstorp.

Qualified as far up the 10 runners in 7th as I could expect.

Race 1 good start but blocked trying to squeeze between Vincent and Eric made acouple of mistakes that let Michael VS catch up and pass but I managed to pass him back for a final finish in 7th.

Race 2 second on the grid and got a good launch on Michael VS to take 1st into the first corner. I had hoped to make at least 1 lap in the lead but didn't quite manage it as vincent managed to get past me on the final curve onto the SF straight. The other aliens passed me 1 by one until Eric N caight and had a hard time for a couple of laps getting past. When he finally did, the bump pass forced me wide and Saul B got through on his tail. Eric lost it at one point and I gained the place back but had lost a place to Michael VS. By the time eric got past me for good there were only three laps left for me to get up to and catch Michael VS. Unfortunately the fights as I dropped down the grid had left the front tyres ruined and the front end was washing out. I had no chance of catching Michael and finished again in 7th. Only funny thing was when Eric congratulated me on catching the rear of the car in T3. That'd the fastest way that I know to get round there and I did it almost every lap.

As ever, my times improved on what was not an optimal set up fatsest lap was a 2:02.1XX I beleive. The gearing was all wrong, but i didn't really have time to sort it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.