1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Challenge @ Springvale Park Wednesday, October 20th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. [​IMG]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT US MINI

Class: MINI Challenge

Track: Springvale Park

Weather: DRY

Start Time: 20:45 EDT / 17:45 PDT / 00:45 GMT (thursday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 10 mins (9:45 EST)
    Warmup: 5 mins
    Race: 2x20 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Most important RD golden rules:
    • Only sign up if you are sure you can participate.
    • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director.
    • No cutting in any sessions.
    • If you hit another driver, wait and give back his position
    • No chatting during Qualify or Race. Even sorry isn't needed. Do it after the qualify or race session is completed and all drivers are off the track.
    • No abusive language during any sessions.
    • Listen to the race director at all times.
    • If you feel harmed by an accident caused by another driver you can use the incident report option. Send the Incident report to the race director through PM only.
    • If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts. If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.
    • 5 minutes before the qualify strats the grid is closed!
    • Read and understand the RD rules! Click here
    VERY IMPORTANT!!!

You have to confirm the golden rules if you sign up for this event. The sign up format is:
    • Drivername: your name
    • I understand the Golden rules: YES
    If the racing staff don't see this in your sign up request, you won't see your name in the sign up list!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing racing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. Fun track in a great little car!

3. Entry List:

1. Eric NElson
    2. Keith Barrick
    3. Brendan Crosby
    4. ?
      ?
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?

4. Driver: Keith barrick
    I agree with the golden rules: Yes

5. Cmon people with limited arc events we gotta make them all count. Save the kittens

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

If I can control the beers at dinner, I'll be there.

7. YOu and Keith would get along great!

8. Server is UP!

9. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I love racing, but I don't like the minis. Have tried some few races online (and offline) but the adrenaline never kicks in.
    WTCC, STCC is the "slowest" cars I mostly enjoy to drive. Have fun all thou!

• Drivername: Brendan Crosby
    • I understand the Golden rules: YES

10. you haven't raced MINI's with us yet!

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Mini's, give you wings!

12. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

Drivername: Dariusz Swiderski
    I understand the Golden rules: YES

i hope it isn't too difficult track to learn, not much time for that lol

13. Something came up, cant make it srry

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

All I can say is that I'm glad I stayed out of the way so the fastest guys in RD could have a good race.

15. Dennis your too kind. I did the same thing actually.

Well I was glad to see we finally got this event off the ground! been posting it for the 3rd time now and at least my quick friends finally made an appearance....

It was evident in practice that we all had yet to geta true GRIP on this track. Literally! Quali showed we all had picked up the pace but over driving would impart a HARSh penalty on the offender.

R1: I get a good jump on Jesper and enter T1 in P3 behind Keith and Dariusz. We run tight and cautious for the opening lap. LAp 2 I screw the pooch and give Jesper P3. I proceed to make mistakes and remain in P4 til the end.

R2 I am P2 here and again get a good start. I am able to get a bit iof a lead on Dennis to T1 and go P1 for the first 3 laps. Keith pulls some miracle pass in the BLACK ICE corner and goes P2. I'll have to check the replay as it must have been something pretty sexy.

I drive off the track on LAp 4 and Keith squeezes by me to go P1. Dariusz is now a suppository of sorts now and I try to hold him at bay. He's just too good today and I make a minor mistake to drop to P3. Now it is Jesper in the mirror. We have a nice run to T1 with me inside and him outside. I try to leave enough room for him at T1 but he drifts wide and loses some ground.

Eventually the black ice corner gets me and I drop to P4.

I finish P4.

I was able to run the pace of the leaders but could not be consistent enough each lap. at one point, the 4 of us had our quickest laps within .15!

So I liked this track and I hated this track! go figure a track you love to hate..............CADWELL?

Thansk for racing guys had fun as always. So in the end it was Synaptic 3 vs DHR Simcraft..........things to come.:bomb::parrot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.