1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Challenge @ Riverside - Wednesday August 31st 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USM
    Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: Mini Challenge
    Track: Riverside
    Practice: 21:00 EDT (1:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 21:30 EDT (1:30 GMT)
    Warm-up: 21:45 EDT (1:45 GMT)
    Race: 21:55 EDT (1:55 GMT) 2x25 Minutes
    Password: click here

Download packages

Tracks:
    Racing Club track package

Mods:
    Racing Club Mod package

*due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]373[/signuplist]

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Waht? I haven't sighed up for this yet?

3. DR3D9

DR3D9
    Banned on request @Simberia

spot on.
    are you and yves sharing info on the teamspeak thingy? if so i value that info and would like to listen.

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

So far I'm the only driver still showing up on TS. As my PC is in the room next to our bedroom the pc speakers have to be off at night so the headset is the way to go for both sound and TS. I don't know how valuable my info is, my setups are usually a lot different than the fast guys but glad to help.

5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

6. I am not gonna sign in yet but if i'll have any energy left after all the racing am about to do tonight I'll give it a go =-)

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Marcin, Having a problem here extracting your mini folder.

Extracting RD Mini\Ext Driving suit.dds OK
    Extracting RD Mini\Helmet Type2.dds OK
    Extracting RD Mini\Int Driving suit.dds Error: CRC mismatch in file "RD Mini\Int Driving suit.dds" in the archive "C:\Copy\RD Mini.rar"

Actually, all there sems to be in the file is the driving suit and helmet?

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Actually, I can see the other files in the rar but they won't extract. Thanks for the new file.

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I forget to mention:
    Teamspeak!

11. DR3D9

DR3D9
    Banned on request @Simberia

if my coment [Yves setup= a few laps of a drifting contest lol] i apologize. i meant no offense. then everybody left. im thankkful for the setup, with the accuracy of it i was putting myself in drifts for a few laps. it appeared the 2 drivers next to me had done the same thing. made me lol.

if anything i watched a hungry blood frenzy pack of sharks attack that setup/info/knowledge like a helpless victim. i only commend that spirit.

im a terrible communicator with humans. i apologize.

12. was fun lads even though I DNF 2nd race. Lost it badly in t5-6 braking zone, damaged my suspension, went to pits, missed my pit box, reversed, got DSQ =/ lol

Wish those events were starting an hour earlier really and there was more people on the grid but I'll try to make it next week, the WTCC on Monday and the mini on Wenesday

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Onca again I ran to my Istanbul setup and tossed in some taller gears to begin with. I was happy with it everywhere but in the last of the esses.

Slower in Q by a couple of tenths, don't know why!

R1: Off in chase of Yves, kinda. Marcel a threat and then I get slowed at the end of the esses on L7 and he's right behind. I have to fight him off in the last turn, coming out I hit him hard enough to see pieces in the windscreen and slow on the straight for him to pass. Next lap I come back at him hard hoping to presure him. He slides badly at the entrance to the esses and I'm clear agian to end up 36 sec behind Yves.

R2: DOH! I start in 1st and in an instant go to 2nd and get bogged! Marcin slips in the last turn and I look to Ray. At theend of the esses Ray slips and when he does it next lap, I pass. RAy takes me on the straight! I repass in the last turn! I make a baad mistake at theesses and take a roller coaster ride but get back on behind ray! I close and ride his bumper around to and down the stright and pass at the bend. I put in an effort to clear him and look forward to Yves who has a healthy lead. Not wanting to have a handling problem come up at the esses I motor safely to finish.

Good races guys! Hoping to make it on Friday, what are we driving?

14. Quali 5th

R!: Ran 5th for opening laps and finished 3 of 5.

R2: Did myself a big favour when I shortened 5th & 6th gears. Ran 6 laps alongside Dennis which was fun.

Somewhere behind in the distance was Dennis...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5845546/Riverside/capture_2011-09-01_15-48-46.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5845546/Riverside/capture_2011-09-01_15-51-51.jpg

Lap 7 and onwards Dennis crept slowly away though, I managed to keep him in visible distance. Lap 15 of 16 I made a bad mistake at the end of the Esses and damamged the car including a puncture. I went in hte pits for the novelty of doing so and was lapped.

Finished 3rd of 4.

15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Ray and I drive laptimes that are very close. That makes it easy to shadow him, lol. Once he gets over this kick of going off track more then I do we'll battle a while till he gets better and flies away!

16. I can only live in hope, Dennis :)

17. First few laps from 2nd race. Didn't last long for me. !st race was more enjoyable as I was trying to catch Ray. Was actually surprised to be able to match someone's pace really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.