1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Challenge @ Reutlingen Wednesday September 8th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. [​IMG]
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT US MINI

Class: MINI Challenge

Track: Reutlingen

Weather: variable! use link for forecast
    weather link

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (thursday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: [COLOR=blue]10 mins (9:45 EST)[/COLOR]

Warmup: [COLOR=blue]5 mins[/COLOR]

Race: 2x20 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing racing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. This little track is way too much fun in a MINI! Lap times in the 1:11.000 range get you many trips around the circuit!

3. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Mike Chaney
    3. Keith Barrick
    4. Tony Prosser
    5. Tyler Scurlock
    6. Bill Kaiser
    7. Glenn Petersen
    8. Eric estes
    9. Philip Brown
    10. Dariusz Swiderski
    11. Jesper Taulborg
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?
    16. ?
    17. ?
    18. ?
    19. ?
    20. ?
    21. ?
    22. ?
    23. ?
    24. ?
    25. ?

4. Sign me up please

5. Sign me up please!

6. Sign me up please

7. Can someone explain to me how the variable weather works? Sorry for the noob question but I couldn't find it in the forums. Too many search results. From what I understand is that a weather file is loaded into the server. But how does it control the weather? Will it start raining in the middle of the race? How can I forcast? Last week at Mid America it was raining on radar but not on track. It's raining in Germany today but what are the chances of rain in the race? Does one thing have anything to do with the other? If not why the link? I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, but should I be practicing in the rain or what? TIA

8. basically if the forecast says 50% chance of showers, then in any given session you have a 50% chance of showers.

when viewing the forecast, you always use the 8PM -11PM time frame for the hourly prediction.

So in this particular event, you have a range of 85% chance of showers in the first half of the session and lowering to 45% int he last session.

9. Practice server is up!

race server will come online later today with the weather file installed.

10. Allight guys to boost the numbers tonight I am making this a donation drive again. Each entry I will donate 1$ to rd. To support your beloved simracing site all you have to do is race.

Also as with events passed, if you choose not to enter you are killing a baby seal..... So stop being so cruel and save the baby seals

11. BUMP IT +1

12. Oh Lawdy, not the baby seals :(. Ill join you guys.

13. Also as soon as I get a chance to get on track I will have a setup for all in this thread.

So anyone on the fence, just jump in, support rd and save the damn baby seals

14. Put me down as a 60% chance...cold start, will not have time to test...LOL

15. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

Put me down as maybe pls Eric, if i,m still up and about i will join.

BTW: who is in the know about the weather file?

16. If you don't club a baby seal for me, I'll withdraw my entrance. I'm all about the dolphins. eeek eeek.
    I'm also impurviouse (I can't spell) to puppies and kittens, they're only good for stew.
    BTW: I pledge $3 for every person who finishes both races. Especialy if I have to sell my first born son. :)

I'm trying to get teamspeak working, I'm connected but havn't been able to hear or chat. Not sure how it worx but i'm sick of bothering ppl with my chat.

17. Guys I just got off the phone with PETA and they are begging that all you non entries put down the seal clubs and sign up!!

Save the baby seals!!!!!!!

18. you know, if you filled the run offs with dolphins I might make it around the track without wrecking.

19. will this be the setup your running or some maliciouse variant? :p

20. Maybe, please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.