1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Challenge @ Puebla 08 Thursday August 4th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Remco de Wildt, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Required RACE 07 expansions: Race On
    Class: Mini Challenge
    Track: Puebla 08
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 19:50 GMT
    Race: 20:00 GMT 80 minutes
    Password: click here
    Rules: Click here

Note: Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session. If you don't agree with something that happened during the race, file a race report with the organiser including a video of the incident.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]301[/signuplist]

2. 1st again :p
    not that i'm taking note of it :rolleyes:

3. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

Just following you Morten :) for signing up .... for race, I won't be as quick !:rally:

4. Sorry guys wont be able to race again this week, Not able to race on thursdays. Keep well see you soon again on track JP :)

5. after a long time not racing I think I'll join you on Thursday :)

6. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

7. Server is up :)

8. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

9. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Not sure if there is a problem, im stuck on quali screen for 10 minutes now, not sure if its me or the server.

10. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Looks like its me, everyone else is on warmup. :honk:

11. Thanks guys for the race, and sorry that I didn't stay until the end, I just couldn't keep concentrating. Liked the earlier start better, starting the race after 22:00 (20:00 GMT) is a killer for me, as I always wake up early.

12. i have to get up again in less than 5 hours, so only a very short version:

first of all thanks to Jari and Jimi for the first 40 minutes or so, that was a nice and fair race :) i was a bit faster than Jari (who got a better start), but couldn't make the pass fair and square, so i stayed behind and waited for the pitstops to come. however it was a great three way battle with Jimi passing me from time to time. but then he made little mistakes (which Jari didn't) and i got back in front

setupwise it was a tough one, because on such a narrow circuit the front wheels always have a lot of work to do, so i made the setup very easy for the front tyres and very tail-happy, which helped me conserve the tyres better than Jari and Jimi I guess. that allowed me to stay on the track for 2 more laps before the pitstop, which went absolutely perfect and so i got out in front of the two

from then on it was much less action, especially when both Jari and Jimi retired :( anyway, it was a good race and a good preparation for my (real) Chevy Cruze Cup race this weekend :) thank you, guys!

13. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

Here are the results of the evening:

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

14. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

Fun, fun, fun ...that's what I had this evening.:thumb:
    All race, fight at the back with Marco and for a time with Keiron.
    Thanks guys, I'm sure it made a good evening for all of us. :thanks:

Only 10 for the qualifying session, sorry for Wayne and his problem. I qualified on 6th position just a few meters ahead of Remco with 2 and a half seconds from the pole .... the best I could do.
    Prudent start without problem till my 1st and last big mistake at 2nd lap. I had to let pass the whole pack of cars and restarted last.
    With a good pace ( for me of course ! ), I could take back a few places and catched Marco ... 1st attempt to pass him at end of starting straight, too late braking and sent him out ...and waited for him to pass.
    We were never far from each other, he made a mistake and could pass. 2 laps afterwards he pitted, I did the same 2 laps after and ....he was once again ahead. Catched him, followed from near a long time and only his mistake gave me the occasion to pass again. Succeeded to make a gap of 11 seconds, which reduced to 1 or 2 at the finish. One more lap and you would pass me Marco !
    Due to a few retirements, I could end at 4th place.

I suppose it was the same for all: tyres after 15 laps were at the limit and after 20 laps asked a very prudent driving.

Thanks all for the evening and well done at the lead. :doublethumb:

15. Good race but my connection lost to host so thats why not finished. I had good start and nice battle of 1st place until pitstop. Front tyres wasnt good as on qualifying and needed to be extra carefull when entry curves and couple of times was wide. Leaving on curves was perfect. Maked pitstop too early and i had fuel lot but...:mad::poke:

16. Thank you JP would've been even more fun if I was fully prepared for this event was not even racing at my own place, got there just in time for Quali and then when I went out it was with Default setup and first time I ever saw the track.

Thanks Again Marco and JP was fun times

17. ..a race in race with JP and Keiron.
    Really funny, thank champs.Other racers was too fast for us....
    I can't wait return home from office for watch replay :)

18. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Great 40 mins of racing with Jari and Michael, I felt i was quicker than Jari in the first stint but Michael had the pace on both of us so I was trying to keep him behind and get by Jari without allowing him through too. However as Michael said I made quite a few rare errors which i will put down to my temporary seating arrangement being rather uncomfortable.
    My tyres were holding well, but i decided after 37 mins or so to pit to try and get the undercut on fresh tyres and gain track position after the stops. It worked at first to an extent as I jumped Jari by running on fresh tyres for a couple of laps before his stop. However my tyres seemed to go off very quickly and my pace was so much slower than in the first stint.

After about an hour of racing my PC decided to crash to the desktop screen and drop connection so it all ended with a DNF. Good racing, but unfortunately this week I wasn't quick enough to make it 3 Mini races in a row that I have won when participating. Grats Michael and Jari and thanks for a good 40 minutes of clean close racing.

Good luck for your Chevy race at the weekend Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.