1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Challenge @ Porto - Wednesday August 24th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Required RACE 07 expansions: GTR-Evolution
    Class: Mini Challenge
    Track: Porto
    Practice: 21:00 EDT (1:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 21:30 EDT (1:30 GMT)
    Warm-up: 21:45 EDT (1:45 GMT)
    Race: 21:55 EDT (1:55 GMT) 2x25 Minutes
    Password: click here

Download packages

Racing Club track package

Racing Club Mod package (part 1)
    Racing Club Mod package (part 2)

*due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

I've been here before, I think, a GT race?
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

My car, as usual!

On TeamSpeak as well!
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

OK, making my first circuit around the track in a while[it certainly isn't a GTtrack] I fell like a cow making its way thru the stockyards of Chicago. As I round the last bend I can see....
    "the executioner", lol!
    Bring lots of spare cars!
  5. DR3D9

Banned on request @Simberia

girder bending barrior grinder. i missed the gtr evo requirement, so ill sign out if i cant get on the server. i orderd gtr evo yesterday but shipping will take a week.
  6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Cancel the order, buy it online from Steam.
    Buy it online, give the other copy to a friend!
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!
  8. Hi :)

I am unable to attend a race because I cannot D/L the tracks due to my D/L limits. ( I took part in my first organised event less than 24 hours ago and D/L'd 'stuff' I didn't need).

This download restriction can be easily resolved so, I am going to repeat here something I said in another thread...

If the event organiser has an account with 'Dropbox' SHe is able to upload 2Gb (4Gb after a month(?)) and paste a link. Dropbox is as simple as using a folder on the desktop in that files can be dropped or deleted by the account holder and either made public or, private. In my case it 'IS' a shortcut to a folder on my desktop in which I simply drop stuff in and leave it to work in the background.

This will take some 'weight' from the RD site and better serve latecomers like myself :)

9. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

There is nothing to download here.

Minis: standart race 07 content
    Track: standart GTR Evolution content

I know this is super irritating with this mod-packages ect. as it was a ton easier and quicker to handle with the single downloads.
    So don't let yourself be confused, drive with the US guys, they need every driver :)
  10. DR3D9

can i ask why? excluding speed of game access. youve got me a bit concerned, it should activate on steam? steam droped evo to 17.99$ i got evo and motogp 08 for under 8$ from amazon. i dont mind a little wait, and for some silly reason i like to have the disc.
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The only yhing I gain if you buy on Steam is to see your car on the track!
    If price is more important, I have no problem.
    Once you load the track, Steam will add it to your games anyway and it will be accessable for you on any pc and replacement in an instant if your pc fouls up will be guaranteed.
  12. DR3D9

as long as it activates on steam thats cool. i downloaded youre skin dennis, i get a kick seeing racers in custom cars. i download a few most days from here, nogrip, etc. but theres so many.

newb? i always jump in my custom cars, never put them out for download. does everyone else just see a default team skin?

i was able to log on to the server and practice, so the GTR evo requirement is questionable.
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Leif, I think all you see is the first default skin if you're looking at a skinned car and haven't downloaded it.
  14. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

my bad i was under the impression that Porto came with GTR-Evo but i just checked and it comes with Race 07.

15. @Dino

Thanks for reply Dino. (I wasn't sent a mail for this?) I really have the tracks mentioned?
    I'll check.

I see my error. The race is Porto. Of course I have it. I thought it was necessary to D/L the 'track pack' consisting of...

-Daytona Road Course 1970
    -Thunder Forest Long.

..which says for September.

16. OK, I'm in!

The race is 02.30 in the AM for me and I have just finished 2*25 minute races in an unlikely BMW that seemed to go on forever. It's 22:45 now so hopefully I'll stay awake for it?

I have only 8 weeks of experience and will most likely sit at the back of the queue. On the bright side the scenery is nice! I had a play with the Mini on the track earlier and will ahve another play later.

OK, I'm off to Nord's with the Lacetti Extreme. That will wake me up a little :)

17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Deos this track excite you? Extreme moments of agony slicing thru chicanes that are armed with instant death. So much armco, steel workers were happy this track was built!

I figured put in the laps as bent metal was going to be the deal for the day.

R1: Bent metal at the end of the first lap, or was it seconf? Anyhow, I had steeringthat was crooked and the front end was just floating everywhere, not a good drive but I finished. I spent one lap banging armco, trying to distract Yves with the yellow flags in the lower left of the screen, it didn't help.

R2: Again, very early in the race, L1 I think, I tore my front clip off and bentthe steering again. It did n;t drive too bad but after a few laps I clipped a part of the last chicane, sid my engine in as well as puncturing a tire. I kept driving around hoping someone else might drop out ahead of me but it didn't happen.

Great nite guys, Thanks RD, Yves Leif and Ray for hanging in!
  18. Nice night of racing Leif, Dennis and, Yves.

With your set-up, Yves I can attack the circuit and knock a few seconds off my time.
    ButI dare not try it in the race.

R1: Agony and frustration. Early damage meant a pit stop. Autopit was off(so that's what it's for?) and I had a stop and go. I have to add here; it would be a good idea if there was a screen indication as when the pit limiter is on/off.

In messing with my pit menu to see how I attend the 'stop & go' I once again pranged the car. Out on the circuit again I accessed teh pit menu. At the bottom I glimpsed; *something*stop&go. On screwing my face up to see what it was, BUMP! Another pit stop for repair. On leaving the pit I was DQ'd for not attending S&G. Well, I am a noob after all! Never mind, lessons learned.

R2: I wanted to make a better show and decided to take it a little easier. I now had about 20 laps of this circuit to call upon. Safety was the word. Happy to just bring the car to a race end I was highly surprised to find myself in first place towards the closing laps.

So, what happened, Yves, boredom got to you? :) Yes, hanging around nearly a half lap back is a winning strategy of mine.

I had fun :)

Sometime again, guys...

BTW, Dennis, those tyre chicanes are nothing like 'bouncy'. I thought this was a Sim?
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I'm the kind of driver thats always using all the kerks and barely able to keep a car in the track. It was inevitable that I would have substantial damage in at least one race. I spent practice just doing laps to get a feel for where I should be.

On your SnG penalty, you really don't need or want "autopit"[I don't even have a clue what it does!] and it does nothing for you[If you can believe a non user]. Your speedlimiter isn't needed in a race, you will be brought to pit speed as you cross into the pit and released from the limiter as you leave. But, you have to be down to pit speed before you cross the line entering the pit and that's where the penalties come from. Engaging the speed limiter will work in practice and I believe iit automatically comes on when you pull into the pit. Warmup is a good time to find your way to the pit lane and where the speed limiter comes on, also a good time to find your own pit and practice coming to a stop at it. Using it in a race will remove the pit limiter the first time you use it and turn it back on as you leave the pit, lol. Check it out sometime in an online event with no entries. There is some good info here too.

Warmup is also a good time to test your start and to see what gear you'll be in when you come to the first corner, it's not always the gear you get from a hot lap.
  20. DR3D9

it was an awesome lesson in self destruction and dont be youre own worst enemy. being a spectator for all but 2 laps gave me time to realize swiveling rolling office chairs arent good for sim racing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.