1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Challenge @ Oschersleben 07, Wednesday April 21th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Christopher Aponte, Apr 16, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USMINI

Class: Mini Challenge

Track: Oschersleben 07

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDST / 18:45 WDST / 01:45 GMT (thursday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins 9:45 EDST
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x12 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. Entry List:

1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Koray Can
    3. Eric Nelson
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver

3. A technical track where it can be hard to master and go fast, but still fun to go banging each other.

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'm there.

5. Haven't flipped a Mini in a while. I'll be there.

6. IO'll try it out!

7. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

put me down for this 1. hopefully some more people show up

8. even if its only 4 of us we'll still have fun! Maybe you guys a have an RD friend you can invite to the dance?

I send out PM's weekly trying to get more attendance and it is working but sometimes that personal invite form a friend can out a guy over the top.

9. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

does any 1 no a good time for this track? when is the server goin up

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is up Reggie.

I did a 1;49 earlier but no one told me we were running in the REVERSE direction so it doesn't count!

Join up regardless of your best time, it's good fun.

11. reverse direction? oh joy.............

12. Late sign up... In please.

13. oh man I should really reaaaally pay attention to what I set up
    hope you still had fun

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Thanks Chris! Actually I thought it was refreshing as this track sees so mush use[on public servers] in the normal direction. In the end it was all good racing.

At least I had a car st up for this race and didn't have to touch a thing[thank you public servers]!

R1: A good start and I'm off trailing the lead group. A lap later I ifind myself in the lead, you fast guys really have to get your acts together! Now I'm in the position I hate, fast guys behind me waiting like vultures for my tires to go off from defending against them. Well, I did my job and boiled some rubber off the tread. One by one the vultures came by to pass and shout an "Adios!" At least they did it with patience and good manners, all passes on me were very clean and well excecuted!
    Dave must have had some setup problems because he came up from behind several tiems. For a while he was way back and I seemed to be holding him, then closer and closer as he poured it on and my tires wheezed. Good Racing guys!

R2: From P3 on the start I swerve around Eric E and folllow Koray to T2 where he takes the wide line and I crawl ahead on the inside. Koray does hi best to hold up the fast guys but a few get through. This is now a bad situation gotten worse! Then. like clockwork, the fast guys start greasing their tire treads with grass guts, Koray and I have been given a short repreive! My tires are good so I make the best of a bad day, execute "Plan B" and pour it on, hopefully the fast guys behind will be sweating it out as I pull away! This works till L4 ahen they all catch me up pretty much as a group. With no time to trade business cards they pass me, leaving me with tires that should only be found in a tire wall. Unable to get real control of my car, may pace slows and I drop into the clutches of Koray who disposes of me and I barely staay on track to finish.

A thoroughly enjoyable evening of racing. Tires going bad on me thru a race has been my biggest problem ever. Someday, after learning to drive, I'll get a handle on it.

Thanks Chrisopher, Ryan[?], Eric and RD!

15. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Well I had a blast. thanks all, Dennis and Yves particularly for the close stuff.

cheers Christopher, Eric and RD of course.

btwe, we ran the normal layout not reversed. Ive never run it any other direction than we did last night.

16. Fixed it ;)