1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Mini Challenge @ Nordschleife 24hr - Mon 26 May 2014

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, May 20, 2014.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]

Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife (ADAC 24hr Layout) - Download

Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:15 GMT
    Warm up: 19:35 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race: 19:40 GMT (45 mins)

Low anti-lock brakes available.

Server Password: click here
    Racing Rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Don't forget all the Mini's have launch control, assign a button to it.
    1. On the start line push the button and hold it (you will see it engages 1st gear)
    2. Press the gas to the max
    3. Wait for the start and release the button and you're off. Zooooom away!
    4. Change to 2nd gear as normal and carry on up the gear box.
    Example of track limits for a track

You do not need to go around the entire ring on an outlap. At the pit entry, instead of going left onto the ring, stay right.

[​IMG]

You must stay within the cones, much like the white line when you exit the pits. Begin your fast lap and get a clean pair of undies ready.

[​IMG]

1. Andrew James
    2. Srinath Sundareswaran
    3. Jan Kokemüller
    4. Kevin Ryan
    5. Justin Swan
    6. Warren Schembri
    7. Genci Estebanez
    8. Manuel Palacios
    9. Jarek Kostowski
    10. Yuri Kasdorp
    11. Tobias Liesaus
    12. Dave Stephenson
    13. Davy Vandevenne
    14. Morne Du Plooy
    15. Maciej Szczepaniak
    16. Julian Dietz
    17. Fernando Zart
    18. Fabio Russo
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. Sri Sri

Sri Sri
    Premium Member

Well, this is going to be truly epic! Definite in :)

Will pitting be mandatory?

3. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Nope, it's up to you with fuel and tires. Do you stop and pit for fresh tires (and lose 2 minutes as you have to go around the GP part again) or risk low wear... Just to add another layer to it. You never know, it may be your fuel and tires are fine for 45 minutes anyway. But it does make avoiding damage extra important due to the long pit times.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes please!

5. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan
    Premium Member

Sign me up! This will give me an excuse to finally learn the Nordschleife :)

6. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

tempting :D

7. Oh how I would love to join this if I wasn't marshaling!

@Andrew James Can we got more races at Nordschleife if they're popular?

8. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

V12s on Wed 28th. GTs on Fri 30th :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh you spoil us! :D

10. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I'm going to go for this one :) but I have no experience on GSC as far as setups/fuel/pitstops etc, so any tips would be much appreciated. Also what are the essential buttons to have mapped (using G27)

11. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Pretty much the same as Race 07; your speed limiter, and the LCD up/down/left/right for changing put settings, a 'request pit' button, and another button I forget what it's called (but it's pretty obvious when you look at the controls page) that lets you flick between screens on your LCD. Here's the F Truck pit stop guide which mostly applies for GSC too. http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/how-to-pitstop-guide.86479/

12. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Thanks Andrew. How is the fuel calculated? Does GSC have an accurate calculator or is it something you how to work out yourself?

I'll have a play over the weekend. The track looks very nice compared to race 07 one :)

13. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

It does have a fuel calculator in the garage (Litres - laps) however I find it often over estimates what you need. If you plan to use GSCE more often, I recommend adding the rfdynhud which includes a more accurate fuel calculator based on actual consumption. PM incoming.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JoelGL

JoelGL
    Premium Member

Hey @Andrew James , where can I find the rfdynhud? Was just lurking when I saw this, as I don't have a license to join races (as it's probably useless being in GMT+8). Thanks.

15. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

First you need to install java 6 included in the download.
    Other files drag and drop into your main GSC directory.
    When everything is installed go to the plugin folder and in one folder you find an editor to change the layout as you like. Thanks to Davy Vandevenne for this.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbhl0o1lqwk2t0c/rfdynhud GCS2013.rar

• Like Like x 1
  16. JoelGL

JoelGL
    Premium Member

Thanks @Andrew James. Does it need a keypress to show up, or does it show automatically when leaving the garage?

17. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

It will show on it's own, so long as you have hardware plugins enabled (press 'G' on your keyboard to check)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Sign me up please

19. I'm in.

20. Manuel Palacios

Manuel Palacios
    Premium Member

Sign me up, please