1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Challenge @ Mallory - Wednesday August 10th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USM
    Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: Mini Challenge
    Track: Mallory
    Practice: 21:00 EDT (1:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 21:30 EDT (1:30 GMT)
    Warm-up: 21:45 EDT (1:45 GMT)
    Race: 21:55 EDT (1:55 GMT) 2x25 Minutes
    Password: click here

Download packages

Tracks:
    Race Serie Racing Club track package

Mods: Race Serie Racing Club Mod package(part 1)
    Race Serie Racing Club Mod package(part 2)

* due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]314[/signuplist]

2. Thoroughly enjoyed runnng this car online against a couple of good racers lastnight.

3. We had a lot of fun in our Mini event last week, looking forward to this.

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Mini nights are always fun!

5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

6. If Im awake I will join, not going to promise though :)

7. not raced here for ages!

should be fun :redface:

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Hmmm, not as much fun as the other night, sob.
    Picked up the pace in qualifying.
    Warmup I found better 1st and 5th gears.
    R1: Good start, certainly not as fast as Rupe or Yves. Rupe slides in gravel a bit and I think lost some ft bumper. About 6 laps from the end, coming up to the hairpin, engine sputters and I see I have .027l of fuel left, PIT! Pick up enough for six laps, good. With many things to think about, I have a slight altercation with the tire wall outside of T1 and an argument with the armco at the hairpin! Last lap, coming up to the hairpin, sputter, sputter, pop, pop dead engine, fuel again :eek:!

R2: T1, on the outside, slide off into tire wall, suspension and a puncture, pit. Back out and whoa, its not looking that bad! Coming to the hairpin Yves and Edgar tangle, smoke and I can't see a thing as I squeeze between them. Never did see my brake marker! Hit the wall and over it I go into never never land!

I had a good time, just not a good result. Lol, not so different from any other race really. Thanks Yves, RD and all that came out to race.

9. Second appearnce in RD races and not good at all lol in race 1 run fairly well but on lap 12 had a go at tire wall which ended up in DNf.
    Race 2 was a disaster lol started first, on lap 2 at t1 was figthing to keep the car on the track got a slight tap from Rupe and I think I contributed to a bit of chaos =( (sorry), then it jest went worse, pitted, got pit lane speed penalty couldn't work out how to serve stop and go and after like 10000 attempts of doing that eventually got DSQ.

10. 1st race I had a bit of a problem with the pit menu interface, resulting in me having to make a full lap on a flat tire...then I apparently double tapped my pit limit key and got a stop and go...so 3 pit stops in a row.

2nd race I tried to drive through Rupe's car as he decided to make an abrupt right hand turn at the apex of turn 1 (I think he was going back for his sunglasses at the pit stall). Unfortunately cars are still solid object so I was not successful. Somehow my car kept going and was handling fine, so I just skipped the repairs and kept driving. A bit later I got a flaming piece of Marcin's car stuck to my windshield and missed my braking point at the hairpin. Those little cars are tough! After doing a nose stall on the guard rail, I backed it up and kept going and limped home to a 2nd place finish.

Was a fun but destructive night overall. I am looking forward to a less dangerous track next week. :)

11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Well that was a bit of a strange night.
    R1, made a simple mistake, rearwheel in the grass, my car was in pain. but i was great racing with Denis as alaways, i lasted as long as i could but every lap my car was getting worse in its handling, after another big smash it was time to relax and watch the action from the pits. Congrats to all,
    R2 stated so bad missed the lights, (sorry if it bunched it up ) and on the second lap i was playing it safe and not diving up the inside but the car in front lost grip and slowed, the door was open for me to go through, I was not running wide but comming into the apex when i saw him comming across the front , and then i saw his car lift and go off.(as a newbie racer if one of the mods want to look at it and give advice to me please do time frame race 2 114sec) I pulled off the track to the inside and started to slide back on track the wrong way, all i saw was Yves spinning and then a yellow mini trying to miss my spinning mini (big sorry) i finally stopped spinning and ended up in the barrier and waited for all to pass.
    I went into the pits and stated to race again,
    Question,
    i was a lap down but catching the leaders to unlap myself i hope im not doing anything wrong if so (sorry, please advice) I dont know if that contributed to the 2 minis going off when i was catching.
    With this being such a small track with low laptimes i think added to the confusion....
    I did enjoy the racing, if a bit crazy at times. if ive done wrong big SORRY to all, Im back at work next week so no more late night for a while.....

12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Rupe, not a moderator but I did watch the action from the UNKNOWN. You did good. You stopped to wait, even if it truly wasn't an incedent with a fault and you were off the track when hit by the other car. I'd say off the track was better than slowing in that fast section so again, good job.

Brian, I think your problem stems from using the pit limiter. I don't think there is a need to hit the button to turn it on, I never do. It's an automatic thing in the game, just find out beforehand just what pit speed to slow to as it seems there are at least two speeds used. Check it out!

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Thanks Dennis, Im not trying to blame anybody, just trying to undestand the racing rules,

14. Doh!

15. good racing here despite a small field!

race 1 i finished in 2nd which is best ever result here, i think those 3 months playing iracing helped me a lot.

in race 2 i got a great start from 5th and got into third when two cars crashed i managed to keep the lead a few laps while yves was chasing we ended up having contact and both spun as we rejoin track someone i think it was dennis came flying past but crashed at the hairpin and fell off the edge of the world :) yves went too deep as well and so did i, a case of follow my leader.

My car was damaged but still had a good gap from 3rd place, i should of pitted but i carried on and entering the 1st corner a few laps later i spun and destroyed a mini!

i'l try make it for limerock next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.