1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Challenge @ Magny-Cours National - Wednesday March 16th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Saul Boucher, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: RaceDepartment US-MINI
    Class: MINI CHALLENGE
    Track: Magny-Cours National
    Weather: Dry
    Practice: 60 minutes (20:00 EDT / 00:00 GMT )
    Qualification: 15 minutes
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2x22 minutes & Mandatory Pit Stop for 2 tires
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

2. Entry List:

1. Saul Boucher
    2. Glen Kabis
    3. Rich Dozier
    4. Jeremy Paterson
    5. Dennis Phelan
    6. Eric Estes
    7. Keith Barrick
    8. Dino Paolini
    9. Eric Nelson
    10. Eric Klister
    11. Alexander lauritzen
    12. Bryan Kemp
    13. Chris Rigby
    14. Angel Alejandro
    15. Donald Leung
    16. Tyler Scurlock
    17. Jimi Hughes
    18. Marcelo Vargas (Maybe)
    19. ?
    20. ?
    21. ?

3. Sign me up.

4. me too! thanx

5. Sign me up please.

6. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Can you maybe me again for this. Same situation with work as always, I should be able to get away in time providing all goes well.

Will do all i can to let you know if i cant make it

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

!!!

8. !!! + !

9. I just tried a few go-arounds on this track and WOW it's tricky!
    There are some really sharp turns following long straight-aways. That's going to be a braking nightmare!

I have a question about the track:
    After pitting, there's a long narrow road to rejoin the track, but as soon as you come out of the pit lane, it seems like you can merge right over onto the main track if the coast is clear and avoid the long narrow road. I did this on single-player and it didn't complain about it. Is this allowed?

Looks like it should be a fun track. I'm only in the 2:06 - 2:10 range. I'm guessing I'll need to trim that time down quite a bit to attempt to hang at the back of the pack. What kind of lap times do y'all get? Any suggestions on car setup for us n00bs?

10. Your running the wrong track Jeremy, for this event we'll be running Magny-Cours National. Which you'll find under "Extra's". Lap times will be under 1:10's.

To answer your question about pit exit. The answer is no, you have to follow the pit exit lane, and stay inside the white line.

11. Sign me up please.

Also there is a setup of mine uploaded online from an old race.

Keith

12. I'm in!! Please sign me up, Thanks!

13. Oh! Yeah... that track's a lot easier without all the extra infield stuff. Thanks! I'd have been really screwed up next week!

Exiting that pit lane will be the most difficult part, methinks!

Where is it? I can't find it in the RACE Setups.

14. He's uploaded it to the RD race server. Meaning, you'd have to access it in-game while on the RD server. Which isn't up yet.

15. Any chance I could get a copy of it to try it out? I'm trying to learn how to adjust car settings, and it would be helpful to see what a proper setup should look like.

16. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

I don't think that's right. If you upload a setup, it is completly unrelated to any server. You can download the setup at a private training session easily via "Online Setups".

+ Sign me up please ;)

17. of course! lets fly the MINI's! literally!

Yes you can access any uploaded setup as Dino described above......providing you can connect to the data base.......

18. Cool, didn't know that.

19. A proper setup for one track may look totally different than a proper setup for another one. What you will need to learn is how to adjust things on the car in proper order to get the car setup the easiest. If you do some searching both on this forum and on the net in general for racecar setup you may find a lot of information is out there. Anything that applies to real cars will apply here as well.

Good luck and if you need help with the setups, give me a pm and we can talk :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.