1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Challenge @ Jyllandsringen Short, Wednesday April 14th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Apr 9, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USMINI

Class: Mini Challenge

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDST / 18:45 WDST / 01:45 GMT (thursday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins 9:45 EDST
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x22 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. This track was made for MINI CHALLENGE racing! Lap times are in the 51 second range and you will be constantly trying to steer and balance the car with the throttle! Despite the tight short configuration, passing will be easier than expected due to the wide corner areas. Wish I was here for this one since it will be a blast to race here!

3. Entry List:

1. driver
    2. driver
    3. driver
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

If the server is up, I'll be there.

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

The server came up and practice began!

Corey arrived just before theend of practice.

With no real practice time Corey took the pole about .5 sec faster than my bad 53.xx sec run.

R1: Corey took the lead but in the early laps had to stop ontrack for an "IM", I stopped to wait for him but he couldn't get back to race so we went straight to
    R2: Corey again took the lead off the line. This race also ended early when I got the nVidea "freeze", the first for me in a long time. I could have clearedit and gotten back into the race if I had Alt-Tabbed but stupid me hit and held the Esc button instead, game over!

Bumma

6. Yeah we apparently were doomed last night Dennis :) I ended up with a lot more free time on my hands than I expected last night so I figured I would see if I could jump in at the last minute. To my surprise Dennis was apparently hosting a private track-day and I crashed the party :) I had never seen the track before so I figured I would just hop in and try to pound out some laps to at least know where the turns were.

I never really use the minis, but I scrounged an old setup from Falkenberg I made that seemed to be OK.

As Dennis said, all was going well Race 1 until around lap 9 he had a graphics freeze and accidentally ESCed. I backed out so we could start Race 2, and hoped for better luck.

Race 2 started off well with some more good racing when it was my turn to have problems - an IM I received caused my wheel to stop responding and nothing would bring it back without restarting the game. I've never had this happen before, I think it might be due to running MotecAdd on my other monitor. I will investigate so it doesn't happen again :(

7. Is there a mini challenge for race 07 or do you use the standard mini's in Race o7

8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

They are one and the same Kevin :)