1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Challenge @ Dijon Prenois - Wednesday August 3rd 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: Mini Challenge
    Track: Dijon Prenois
    Practice: 21:00 EDT (1:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 21:30 EDT (1:30 GMT)
    Warm-up: 21:45 EDT (1:45 GMT)
    Race: 21:55 EDT (1:55 GMT) 2x25 Minutes
    Password: click here

Download packages

Race Serie Racing Club track package

Mods: Race Serie Racing Club Mod package(part 1)
    Race Serie Racing Club Mod package(part 2)

* due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Second time lucky...
  3. cant wait for this race last, actually enjoy racing 3o'clock in the morning :)
  4. 3rg August at 21h00 EDT or 1h00 GMT?
  5. It will be according to EDT so for me who is in South Africa +2 GMT it will be Thursday "4th August" Morning 3 oclock
  6. Just come and join us it is always great fun :)
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Nice turnout! Close running, everyone turning 1:31-1:32's.
    I worked out a nice setup for the race. I thought it might move around too much but in the race I saw everyone doing the same, I guess I did good.

R1: First few laps with Pedro were fun and then he got with the programand scooted away. I had gotten a fantastic start and moved up on the first straight, I wasn't supposed to be there! Rupe came up for the overtake, did it and I made a horrible pass to take it back as he seemed to slow abruptly leaving me to go inside and off track to pass, I hadn't intended to pass! I was having too much fun and it showed in loss of grip, I went wide in the last bend and punctured a tire, entered the pit, repairs made and back on track . I decided to pit again, just to let everyone by to lap me when, while in the pit the famous invidia freeze hit me and wouldn't let go, sigh!
  9. I had a blast, my first RD event! The 2 disconnects right as race 2 started were unfortunate :(
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

We will get to have a race at some point Dennis and i think its going to be good, if that was a taster roll on the main corse and desert, it was good while it lasted, i have no probs with that move it was rather spectacular and almost looked as if you was more supprised than i was. (i got my breaking a bit early) . then i was cat and mouse. good fun all round. I had Brian after me for lap after lap.

The second race was a bit lonley but good fun. Nice one Brian on the win

i think when theres small group racing, if we loose sombody during the first race how can they take part in the second race, how do we get them back in the race...
  11. Once again, I had a blast tonight, every one was very close on the pace like Dennis said. I qualified 2nd with just 0.017 off the pole. :D

I made a great start, then off I went into my TA mode, as I was lapping in the 31s all the way till the last 2 laps when the tires started to go, then dropped back into the 32s. I also did a best lap of 31.5xx, which was faster than my qual time. :wink:

Every thing was looking good as I won the Race 1 by almost 10s, as I was looking forward to the reverse grid in the Race 2, the unfortunate happened, as my game CTD when it switched to the next session. O well... great race everyone! :cool:

I'm now looking forward to the next mini event! :)
  12. sorry Yves and the rest when I woke up it was 4:00 "Gmt 2:00" so I over slept, once again so sorry. Will join next week as I really wanted to race
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Unfortunately, once the racing begins there is no way for a driver to come back. Provisions have been made in some league races for drivers that have dropped in quali to be able to return but it requires that everyone be on teamspeak. TS is necessary as not everyone sits looking at the chat screen. I had rebooted prior to the game but was still ccaught by the bug. Maybe it was precipitated by something wrong with the server and the other two drops were related, dunno. It was fun while it lasted, more than I had expected!
  14. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sorry for the no show last night guy's, the power went out about an hour before the start of the event and came back about in the middle of the night (3 am).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.