1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Challenge @ Curitiba - Sunday April 10th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Class: MINI Challenge
    Track: Curitiba 07
    Weather: Variable weather forecast link

Practice start time: 8:00 PM EDT / 0000 GMT (Monday)
    Qualification start time: 9:00 PM EDT / 0100 GMT
    Warm-up start time: 9:10 PM EDT / 0110 GMT
    Race start time: 9:20 PM EDT / 0120 GMT

Race Format: 2 x 12 laps [tire wear 2x](mandatory Pitstop 2 tires)

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Jim Cole
    3. Scott Patterson
    4. Mike Bell
    5. Mike McGeer
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

2. Sign me up please.

3. Add my name please.

4. Mike Bell

Mike Bell
    One-time RDTCC Race Winner Premium Member

can i have a maybe slot please

school holidays so can do later events for the next 2 weeks

5. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Hi, is this going to be the regular slot for US mini racing now on a sunday night?

This is a shame for me if so because during term time at uni i spend weekends at my Girlfriends, which means no racing : (

Wednesday night was an awsome slot for me, just after i finish work, the perfect unwind!

EDIT: PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST, I JUST READ THE US RACE SCHEDULE. Still a shame!

6. I'm in for a maybe.

7. Jimi, sorry about the sched change mate. Um but have you driven the Toyota yet? IT is very very niiiiiiice! Eventually the MINI wil land again on Wednesdays in JUNE! The schedule will move one race day to the right each month. ie. next month MINI is on MONDAY! THEN Wednesday and then Friday.......

8. Server is up!

Cutting rules will be relaxed for the chicane at the end of the straight. you will need to make every attempt possible to keep 2 tires on the track surface. If you do slide through the chicane you are expected to slow down and give back any time you gained on the car behind you.

be an honest fellow about the rule even if nobody is nearby please.........:D

9. Mike McGeer

Mike McGeer
    Premium Member

sign me up

10. welcome MIke! glad to have you in the race!

11. count me out of this one tonight guys, need to give my fingers a rest.

12. I might be a bit later on track then my usual, tonight is my father in laws birthday and we're going out for supper.

13. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

is it ok to jump in for practice?. i work at 6pm tonight.

14. sign me up please

15. always can jump in for practice!

Gotcha Riggerz

no worries Scoot

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Oh, OK

17. Being new to Simbin titles on-line I got thrown a curve tonight. Joined the server fine, practiced fine, qualy ok, but when I left the track after Q the "drive" option was greyed out for the warmup.
    I left the event, of course could not get back in but my ping was at 95...one of the best connecting servers in the lobby. So something got messed up on my end, but what exactly i don't know. I'm gonna ask Google about opening ports on router/firewall for Simbin titles.
    Hope everyone else had fun tonight.

18. Fun races, usually do terrible on this track but was able to stay consistent in both races. Shame about the attendance lately, maybe some posts on the front page for events might help? Dunno.

19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Scott, no need to open any ports unless you're going to run a server, not needed for play.

I had a terrible qualifying lap, cut too many corners and it slowed me down.

Slow in the races. Race one I started with only enough fuel for 12 laps so I had to adjust my pit menu on the fly to pick up more fuel with my tires. Race two went well except for a late downshift and slowing in the last corner on one lap that put me in the sand. That didn't matter as everyone was already 20 seconds ahead.

Eric, I tried my best but I may have cut a few corners, check the replays, I'll accept any penalties forthcoming!

20. I think you may have left when it was still in qualifying. If it was during the end of the session with little or no time left the drive option will be greyed out. Once it goes to warm up you're no longer able to join the server though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.