1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Challenge @ Birmingham Sprint series - thursday May 20th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, May 13, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Class: Mini Challenge

Weather: variable! use link for forecast
    weather link

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)

Practice: open server
    [B]Qualification: [COLOR=blue]15mins (9:45 EST)[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Warmup: [COLOR=blue]10mins[/COLOR][/B]
    Race: 2x18 laps
  2. Welcome to the "deep South" of the USA! Down here in Alabama they put together a pretty nice racing complex and we're gonna try out the intermediate length track! This will be a fun event and I think the MINI will be terrific to drive here!
  3. Entry list:

1. Keith Barrick
    2. Eric Nelson
    3. driver
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver
  4. Gf is away all this week count me in. Let's make this event full!!!!!!!
  5. i hope you guys have been playing close attention to the weather :)

it will be around 27 degrees Celsius with showers circling around the track :)
  6. server is up
  7. I'll give it a try.
  8. Count me in..
  9. Had fun Glen, for those who NO SHOWED, you missed a good race.:) Hey Glen, where are you in VA?
  10. Yup fun races, still can't believe I lost it on the last lap. :tongue:

I'm in Arlington.
  11. Sorry guys ended up in the doctors office unexpectedly which threw off the timing of the rest of the day................Hope ou liked the variable weather!

What hapened in the race?
  12. That's not good, hope all is well!
  13. Hope all is well Eric. The races were good, myself and Glen going head to head with me out qualifying him buy less then .100 of a second. This kind of scared me as if I made a mistake it would be no way I could catch him. Race 1 I blow the first corner on lap 2 I believe and Glen ran off into the distances. It stayed like this until the last lap where Glen had an off and punctured a tire. This was just the chance I need and I got by him with only two corners left in the last lap. I almost felt wrong for taking the win after he had lead the whole race, but I got over it:D. Race 2 was a carbon copy on in reverse. Glen made a mistake early in the race and ran off to lead it to the end. I got a little too happy on the straight to the finish line on the last lap and was turning my wheel back and forth. Lost control and hit the wall, hard, killed the engine lucky the car rolled across the finish and I took my second win. The weather was great, qualifying was clear and sunny, it started clouding up in the warm and by the first race it was dark and thundering. We were lucky enough not to see any rain but it did prompt me to create a pit preset for wet tires. Had fun, great races Glen.
  14. Just hadoto get some relief from poison ivy!:rolleyes: ON my birthday no less!!!!!!!!!!!WTF.........:mad:

What happened with the weather? we are trying out some weather modeling and this was the first use of it in a club race here at ARC.

A session by session report would help me a bit. Thanks!
  15. I thought the weather had a nice effect on the race, it sure had me guessing as to what it was going to do. The thunder and lightning effects were spot on. I raced the mini's last week at BH Indy in the rain and had a blasted. I'm cool with switching it up a little :thumb:.
  16. thanks William you'll definitely see this again in the near future!
  17. Was just wondering if this race counts towards our stats or not since only 2 of us were on the grid?