Premium
flyer_1310.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Mini 1310cc download
Track: Birmingham GP / Lime Rock Mountain / Mid Ohio Chicaned
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 12 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The 1310 skinpack will be used - all participants should install this pack - download
Note3: IMPORTANT INFO
If you are using a default skin - ONLY USE CAR 2, CAR 4 or CAR 544.

Using either of the others makes the session go nuts and you show as driving the "GTL Safety Car" and it keeps loading and then crashing.

Doping tests for the podium! :cowboy:

Btw: 12 signed drivers! Looks like that little post had some effect

(Me also guilty of late sign ups :shame:)

Edit: on my way to the server
Edit2: Almost forgot: Stuart, thank you very much for the new skins! BBC* 4!

* (Betty Boop car)

Sorry for the Hattrick tonight guys.
This is only my 3rd GTL night (yesterday was my 2nd), and don't understand why I didn't bother to drive online earlier.

Yesterday I knew I would be somewhat competitive for tonights event, but did not knew it was that competitive.
2 Poles and 3 wins.
I hoped for a good fight tonight, but instead my starts seemed good enough to stay on front and in the end increase the gap to P2.

Track choices were excellent. I remembered Birm from an Evo race I did a long time ago at syncro-Racing. Lime Rock was new to me.
I knew Mid-Ohio, but this version was different compared to the rF/Evo version. After some laps it was familiar also.

Very big thanks for my mechanic Warren. His setup was a blast. No issues on engine/tires/etc. Very sweet to get around.

Thanks for racing guys, see you again in GTL; I am sure of that :)
Also thanks Stuart for putting this event together. Great work! (and all who also helped and not listed)

That was a blast.
Well done to Ramon for his 3 from 3. A definate class above the rest of us mere mortals.

Race 1:
Knew it was gonna be worthwhile getting up as soon as I logged in and saw 6 or 7 people already running laps.
Turned out with 12 people and some very close racing.
Ran most of the race behind Luc, and just couldn't get enough of a run onto any of the straights to be able to get past him.
Tried to vary my lines a little bit to help my speed onto the straight, but that became my undoing, as I spun into the tyre wall on the outside of the last turn and turned my mini into (yet another) BBQ.

Race 2:
Wasn't looking forward to Lime Rock, especially considering my performances in the Cortina here.
Nevermind, managed to wack it on 3rd, and with Warren in 4th, made it an All-Aussie 2nd row.
Got away to a reasonable start, but by god there was some fast starters behind me.
This was the race where alot of people seemed get a bit too anxious and threw a couple of moves up the inside of quite a few people - add into that people rejoining straight onto the racing line having spun off, and you've got a high speed version of dodgem cars...

Race 3:
Didnt get enough practice around here, so I was suprised to get 6th or so on the grid.
Managed another reasonable start, but was overly careful not to hit Kris, who was running right along side of me.
Amir found the ripple strip a few times, and turned his mini into a cartwheeling animal, so did Stu, myself and I think Matt...
I threw my race away when I copped a stop 'n go for cut tracks.
Eventually turned my mini into a fire ball on the 2nd last lap, I think...

Warren, can I drive your mini anytime soon? :silly:

Thanks Stu for a great morning of racing.

Cheers all..

I'm glad we were able to debut the 1310 Mini mod, great looking cars, very quick and nimble, and heaps of fun to drive.
Strangely, I had problems with my personal skin, so chose one of the defaults. Ramon took my Mini out though, and demonstrated how these cars should be driven, giving us all a lesson.

Birmingham: Qualy P4 (I think) but dropped back with my usual slow start. Had a nice battle with Stu and Bert for many laps and finally managed to move up to P2 but Ramon had bolted into the distance. I then managed a huge cock up by putting a wheel onto the edge of the track and tank slapping down the next two straights before getting back under control. Finally finished P3 after a good race with Avi and another monumental boo boo in the closing laps.

Limerock Mountain: Didn't know this track and really struggled through practice and qualy. Just snuck in a complete lap before qualy ran out to grab P4. Actually managed a better start this time but quickly made small mistakes and became harrassed by following cars until I was unceremoniously punted into the trees, so far in that I needed a search party to find the track again. I was now hopelessly last, so I had some fun with Hans for the rest of the race as we kept each other company. I had a huge laugh as Hans ended up on the wrong side of the fence and kept galloping around the track looking for an opening. See following pic.

Hanslost.jpg

Mid Ohio: Qualy P5 and yet another bad start, so I eased off until everyone settled down from the mad scramble in the opening turns. Had a nice battle with Luc and Stu, until Stuey repeated his Mid Ohio party trick again. I think he does them for my benefit.

Thommostumble.jpg

I then had a mighty close scrap with Luc and Amir as we went nose to tail and side by side for a lap or two.

tightscrap.jpg

I then managed to beat up my Mini at "Thomson's bend", but hung on to finish P4.

Mostly good fun in these cars, I think it is a great mod for GTL.

You guys can count me in GTL club races in the future, especially when winter hits here. I loved the UI of GTL, the smoothness on my computer, and also the lack of mini-dumps!!!

Plus ive always enjoyed racing with the EU crowd, and I can see some fun times ahead here.

Thanks for the help getting setup, and see you on the grids soon.

Keith

• Bert Van Waes

Wow, these cars are quite the fun. And sure are competitive!!

First race nothing brilliant but had some good fights last lap with Luc. This was the first real test with this mod and i was pleased on how the car reacted on my input. Tx Warren and Stu to pull this mod thrue.

Second race i was in P 3, sometimes fighting with Warren and someone else, a rather focused to the racing line person who not intentionally hit me halfway race when i slid slowly to the middle of the track, backwards.

My car was a mess and some turns later i had another big spun sending me off track, into the barrier... And with a loud bang over it. I was standing in a forest and decided to look for the track again. Tx to the nametags i knew were to look and started to follow the barrier, in the hope somewhere there would be an opening, lol. But i didn't find anything and like a quarter of the track later i came to the bridge. Next to the barrier there was a little concrete part at the same height off the track. I tried to go over it but it seemed to thin for the mini. I would have fallen into the water. I decided to follow the river away from the track in the hopes it would disappear and it did. But on that moment i disappeared too, underground.... :)

Never happend before to me, wondering and looking for the entrance, but it was a fun excursion... Haha

Race 3, too busy eating my hat...

Tx Stuart and RD!!
Greets

it seems GTL didnt like me tonight :(

started practicing a Birmingham but my times werent counting for positions, in quali also i was P12 but my time was enough for P9. started the race anyway. but in XD it said i was in P1 (i wish lol) then half way round lap 1 my positon started to drop down the order and then i noticed that i was a lap down to Ramon. all this totaly threw me and i crashed lol

rejoined for next race but was instantly dq`d, so couldnt race. no big problem as i had had a long day and was well knacerd :yawn2:

grats to Ramon for his total domination in the races, hope Sam can return soon and give him some races so he dont get to bored lol

Ramon Van Rijn said:
Sorry for the Hattrick tonight guys.
No need to apologise Ramon, you were different class tonight :good:

Nigel Atkins said:
it seems GTL didnt like me tonight :(
That soured the night for me a bit mate, because I have absolutely no idea what might have given you such strange behaviour. We'll fix it for next time hopefully - the fact it worked fine on Monday threw me a bit, I have to say.

Anyways, I was definitely a case of impromptu off-roading costing me some decent finishes, but c'est la vie.

Thoroughly enjoyed the night, some cracking racing right the way through the pack, 3 absolute banker tracks if I'm honest, to get the 1310 mod underway with some proven venues.

And it was great to see, either ahead or behind me, fairly big packs of minis fighting it out for positions right up and down the order.

Warren Dawes said:
I then managed to beat up my Mini at "Thomson's bend"

I thought we'd agreed we wouldn't be calling it that :disapointed:

:D

The kerbs at Mid Ohio are really punitive on the version we currently run, someone mentioned bugs last night, but to be honest, everytime I flipped it (yes, more than once) I knew I'd made a mistake hitting them at high-ish speed like little stunt ramps, so no complaints from me.

Maybe we'll try the VLM one soon, see if that fares any less...let's say vertical.

You guys can count me in GTL club races in the future, especially when winter hits here. I loved the UI of GTL, the smoothness on my computer, and also the lack of mini-dumps!!!

There is a phrase for that: 'Never change a winning team'.
UI like GTL/GTR/GTR2 seems forgotten by the devs themself. Strange that we end up in endless menu's and submenu's without reason after some game after GTR2. LOL

Next time I will land back on earth with normal performance. Maybe a turbo was a bit too much to install. Put me in the Merc and I will be nowhere :)

When the 1310 Mini mod game available a week ago run some rounds on Birmingham and Lime Rock, more speed and more grip where the first sings I experience ,an I thought ,this is great the handling is much better than the standard Mini so maybe I can do a good a good race with these little beast's.

Bus that thought must have come up by all the guys so I was still on the back of the field, did some PB ,1.41.xxx on Birmingham in the race .

The most important sing of this evening , I have loved every second of it,ask Warren.
Lime rock,the first uphill corner after the strait :woot2:
Mid Ohio , the uphill downhill corner and the last corner section before the strait
double:woot2::woot2:,

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%