Premium
flyer_1310.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Mini 1310cc download
Track: Birmingham GP / Lime Rock Mountain / Mid Ohio Chicaned
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 12 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The 1310 skinpack will be used - all participants should install this pack - download
Note3: IMPORTANT INFO
If you are using a default skin - ONLY USE CAR 2, CAR 4 or CAR 544.

Using either of the others makes the session go nuts and you show as driving the "GTL Safety Car" and it keeps loading and then crashing.

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Nigel Atkins
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Warren Dawes
  5. Glenn Morris (tentative)
  6. Amir Margalit
  7. Bert Van Waes
  8. Kris Leeten
  9. Ramon van Rijn (tentative)
  10. Avi El
  11. Matt Crouch
  12. Luc Frachon
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

I had a few laps at Lime Rock & Birmingham.

Beat the top Cortina time @ Lime Rock, beat the top Alfa time @ B'ham.

These is rapid.

By the way, I've already done the 1310 Sprint Pack Skins, and all work perfectly :D. Link in the top post.

By the way, I've already done the 1310 Sprint Pack Skins, and all work perfectly :D. Link in the top post.

See that? Right there?

Hubris, that is. :doh:

There was a problem in the 66 mini which caused a CTD. I'm Investigating the issue - I'll re-do the download when I've fixed it.

edit: turns out the 66 mini was my fault, but there are also CTD issues with some of the others which aren't my fault, and will need some further investigation and potential sneakiness to fix.

Ha. Awesome!
If I'm around I'll come on in... bit like this fella here ---> :coffee2:

So tentative me at the moment Stu...

Oh, and you know how I like sideways?.... These are awesome to get the old skandanavian flick going.. :wink2:

Chaps - there are some unusual skin problems with some of the sprint pack cars, even though they were all converted the same way as per the mod instructions.

To be fair, and to give me enough time to get it absolutely right, we'll go with default skins only for this race.

Have put some setups in the SU thread from No-Grip used BeepBeep's,works great.

Hans

I had a try on both, Hans, and preferred BeepBeep's as well (I can't believe I just typed that). I went in to have a look at it, and the front wheels are @ 55 psi, which is about double the normal pressure.

I noticed on XD that, on a normally pressured set up, the middle was waaay lower than the outsides, suggesting too low a pressure, but 55 is mad high. Maybe that's how it needs to be, as I went up to 35 front & 32 rear and set the times I mention above.

Funnily enough, the rear tyres seemed to take all the battering when I was driving, the left rear tyre at both Lime Rock & Birmingham quickly going from cold to green to yellow to red inside 3 laps, which is a bit different.

Just something we'll eventually get used to I suppose.

But these Minis are real Alfa / Cortina contenders / beaters - they're brutally quick.

I have a setup or two I worked up for these suckers some time ago, so I'll dig them out and post them tomorrow, hopefully.
With this setup, I was easily able to beat the Alfa / Cortina / Falcon / Mustang around most tracks.

From memory, you have to be careful about the tyres overheating too quickly, or you will put in a couple of really quick times and then watch the tyres melt over a race distance. I've actually used my setup for an on-line enduro event of about one hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%