1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aaron DeMarre, Jan 11, 2011.

1. They should have named this game Minecrack, it is ridiculous how addictive it is. Simple game, but I can't stop playing it! I am up till 2am every night, starting to miss races, all so I can break just ooooone mooooore block...

Anyone else dealing with Minecraft addiction?

2. A friend of mine was building himself a lair, but hasn't mentioned it in a while, so I guess he's clean :D

Never bought it, played around with the demo a bit, and watched a 12-13 part youtube gameplay video. And that Enterprise built to scale. Sick. :eek:

3. Oh wow, that is crazy! I can't imagine how many hours it took just to dig that pit, let alone create the Enterprise to scale.

I am just getting started, so working on switches and circuits and minecart boosters and stuff.

4. I had a play of it a few weeks ago out of curiosity. The control layout means that I can't play it properly with my nerve injury and all, but it is very fun for such a simple-looking game.

5. I play it quite a bit on a multiplayer server. I enjoy it. Makes a nice relaxing change from FPS or racing games.

Just came off the server I play on after someone's treehouse got a little hot....

http://i.imgur.com/noM1K.png

6. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Wow never heard of this game and i will probably try this. That looks like a great and unique game.

7. OMG Its amazingly addictive :D I just love destroying bits of land and allowing water through places so much fun to flood caves - simple things for simple minds and all that :p.

8. I flooded a cave by accident last night, I was digging into a wall and sploosh! Here comes a waterfall. I had tapped into a large underground lake.

I also set myself on fire last night. Note to self: build a bucket, fill with water.

9. Omer Said

Omer Said

lol Aaron, it seems one should be careful about both water and fire at Minecraft.

We must setup a RD server :)

10. I've played this game some time ago, is very simple and "pixeled" :tongue: but is really really cool and original, you can create anything!

11. I got hooked on this last week and made a video (only 1 then got bored of filming) but still play un-filmed :p

and

12. Omer Said

Omer Said

Great videos Dan! lol espicially when you speak to animals. That's what you can expect from a lonely man living in on a land filled with zombies and creepers ;)

Watching multiplayer part right now...

13. Omer, I leaned the hard way how close you can get to lava before it lights you on fire :)

An RD server sounds cool, I would play it.

Here is a funny video of a guy showing you how not to build a fireplace:

14. if anyone wants to go on right now just join;

tell me on here though if you go on so I can go on too :p

15. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

LMFAO at the house fire!!!!

I know, i`ll set fire to some wood just 1 meter away from my WOODEN WALLS in my 95% WOODEN HOUSE!!. DOH!!

Excellent....thats convinced me to try this now. Must be worth a peep :)

16. Omer Said

Omer Said

rofl that's a hilarious fail at the video Aaron :D

@Higgi, doh still not have the game, but soon...

17. :frown: you must buy it NOW! :p

18. LOL @ that fire video brilliant :p

19. Omer Said

Omer Said

Right now there is no force in my budget, will be on Monday tough ;)

Then i will burn your houses hehehehe

20. I make my shelters out of stone, But thats nothing that a pickaxe can't take care of. I have not played online, but it sounds like anyone creations are fair game for griefing?