• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured Milestone to Reveal New Racing IP at GDC San Francisco

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,476
    Milestone New IP Announcement.jpg
    Italian game developers Milestone to reveal new racing game IP at San Francisco Game Developers Conference at the end of February.

Revealed in an official press release from the makers of the MotoGP, MXGP and Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo games for both console and PC, Milestone look set to reveal a brand new racing IP at the Games Developer Conference in San Francisco this February 28th.

At the time of writing very little is known about the new game other than the fact a playable version will be made available for media attending the event over in the United States. With a history of creating racing games for both the two and four wheeled racing worlds, including officially licenced games of both the premier bike racing championship in the world in the form of MotoGP and the DiRT Rally rivalling Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo, it will be interesting to see what Milestone have turned their hand to this time.

Although with a considerable back catalogue of sometimes underwhelming games, Milestone usually partner with an official series licence in their past racing game adventures (think MotoGP, WRC, MXGP, FIM Motorcross, SBK World Championship and SuperStars V8 Series to name but a few) it will be interesting to see what the Italian development team have up their sleeve for this new project.

This will be the first time the studio have attended the GDC in America and the location and press release could offer a small hint as to what direct the studio are looking to take the new game. With the statement clearly referencing an ambition to expand into American markets going forward, could the new title have an American theme? "In our 21st year we’ve decided to take a longer look at the US market, and we should have some news to share with those we meet in San Francisco that lays out our plans for America in 2017". This is an intriguing prospect as the United States have many very interesting motorsport series not currently benefitting from an officially licenced game, series such as the many various off road series such as the Lucas Oil Off Road Series, GNCC, WORCS, American Superbike, IndyCar and of course various GT series amongst many other different categories of racing.

Of course the location of the announcement may have absolutely no bearing on the game direction, but it will sure be interesting to find out once the announcement drops at the end of the month.

You can read the relevant section of the announcement below:

"Also making its way to GDC will be a brand new and currently unannounced IP, set to showcase Milestone’s continued mastery of the motorsports arena. Both games will be playable to GDC Expo attendees on the Italian trade body AESVI’s stand in the South Hall, pav. 1902. Direct feeds of both games can also be made available to journalists on request.

“This is our first ever GDC,” reveals Milestone’s V.P. Luisa Bixio. “That’s no coincidence, either. In our 21st year we’ve decided to take a longer look at the US market, and we should have some news to share with those we meet in San Francisco that lays out our plans for America in 2017. It’s exciting.”

Bixio adds that Milestone’s appearance on the AESVI stand is a “sign of the growing strength of the Italian video games industry.”

She continued, “We’re one of the biggest studios in Italy at the moment, having jumped from 50 employees just a few years ago to nearly 200 today. All the signs point to continued growth for us in the years ahead, and the Italian games scene as a whole.”

Milestone S.r.l are responsible for the following racing games during their 21 year history: Ride 2, Ducati - 90th Anniversary, Valentino Rossi: The Game, MXGP2, Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo, MotoGP 15, Ride, MotoGP 14, MXGP The Official Motocross Videogame, WRC Powerslide, WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship, MotoGP 13, WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship, SBK Generations, MUD FIM Motocross World Championship, WRC 2 FIA World Rally Championship, SBK 2011: Superbike World Championship, WRC: FIA World Rally Championship, Superstars V8 Next Challenge, SBK X: Superbike World Championship, Superstars V8 Racing, SBK-09: Superbike World Championship, SBK-08: Superbike World Championship, MotoGP '08, Super PickUps, SBK-07: Superbike World Championship, MotoGP '07, Super-Bikes: Riding Challenge, Superbike 2001, Superbike 2000

MotoGP.jpg SuperStars V8.jpg WRC 4.jpg

Looking forward to the announcement? What do you think the new game will be? What series would you like to see covered by Milestone? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. samcar304

samcar304
    Premium

Ratings:
    +331
    I played the v8 superstars game on Xbox and really enjoyed it. Inb4 Formula E game... Although I would actually be ok with that. A Formula E game should interest me but I feel that's an unpopular opinion.

Other prediction is Pirelli World Challenge.

3. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +70
    Am sad that games aren't in that list. For example: SCAR (Squadra Corsa Alfa Romeo), Evolution GT, Superbike Works Championship, APEX, Screamer Rally, Screamer 2, Screamer (as Graffiti, not Milestone name)

4. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +761
    Isle of Mann disappointment?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. samcar304

samcar304
    Premium

Ratings:
    +331
    Haha, turns out I got 250 posts with that message above mentioning how I played Superstars V8... Coincidentally the award for hitting 250 posts says "250 post made and you are on your way to Bella Italia to race with beautiful V8 powered cars. Enjoy the nice weather!". Weird stuff haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. -Alf-

-Alf-

Ratings:
    +74
    Milestone? No, thanks...

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. polerst

polerst

Ratings:
    +73
    I really hope it will be motorcycling game, but I dont think so...

8. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,796
    1 part of me says Pirelli World Challenge, but I REALLY THINK, hey it's Milestone, so let's do something everyone'll like:

AMA Supercross.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    I'd like to see a dirt truck series like Lucas Oil series. They do loose surface fairly well. I've had fairly decent experiences with Milestone. They're bike stuff I've always liked. And I liked WRC 1 and 3. I would buy a Lucas series if it had a nice career like Leadfoot (by Ratbag). Anyone remember that?

10. er185

er185

Ratings:
    +6
    Gravel

11. er185

er185

Ratings:
    +6
  12. ReZ

ReZ

Ratings:
    +110
    nice find ... what a creative name to warn us from buying the game "gravel - its like Dirt in lower quality" :D
    milestone + cars can only be fail ... but i was hoping for S1GP game^^