1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Milestone Racer 'Gravel' DLC Plans Revealed

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +13,106
    Gravel DLC Details Revealed.jpg 12 cars and four circuits across five standalone DLC packs have been confirmed for the new arcade Milestone off road racing game Gravel.

Set to release on both Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this coming February 27th, Gravel is set to become the first purely arcade racing game from Milestone Srl. in recent years, and looks likely to go up against such legendary arcade titles as Sega Rally for the mantle of top off road arcade racing title.

Benefitting from several high profile real world manufacturer licences and multiple disciplines of racing styles, Gravel appears at this early stage to be something of an interesting game from Milestone as they turn their attention to the fun factor once again following years of officially licenced semi simulation style games under the MotoGP and Superbike banners.

With a release date rapidly closing in, the Italian development team have outlined plans for future DLC content post release, promising fans plenty of new content between now and June.

Of the details revealed so far, no less than 12 new vehicles are expected to hit the game in the coming months, alongside four new 'Wild Rush' circuits and 10 brand new 'Checkpoint' tracks - Milestones interpretation of the more traditional rally stage. In addition to the new content spread across the five DLC packs, players can also look forward to some new career events and even two free bonus vehicles scheduled for March! Not bad at all.

Gravel will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC February 27th.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to Gravel? What do you think of the strategy of teasing DLC prior to game release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +510
    It's never good when they are talking about DLC before release.

• Agree Agree x 15
  3. Vasilis Katerinakis

Vasilis Katerinakis

Ratings:
    +48
    If they are talking already about their DLC plan, then i will start putting into effect my "you ain't getting a penny from me" plan.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Haha Haha x 2
  4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,182
    yeah looks like its the square enix side of the deal, they always seem to advertise some if not all dlc before games come out for some reason. Ive never understood why they would think it would be a good idea. Perhaps it works on some people I wouldnt know.

5. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +111
    Pretty thin for 5 DLCs.

6. Rabadilla

Rabadilla

Ratings:
    +2
    Esto me dice que sólo les importa solo el bolsillo del cliente, no crear un buen producto!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mahad

Mahad

Ratings:
    +224
    Like all times, now DLC are planned nearly before the game release and probably a part of the full game (but devs need money ^^).

8. el chasco

el chasco

Ratings:
    +17
    DLC before the release?

Bad decission.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. XRRoy

XRRoy
    Vintage Tin Can Roller Premium

Ratings:
    +22
    Thinking about DLC way before the game is out? Good for you, Milestone, I'm not gonna buy this crap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ReZ

ReZ

Ratings:
    +120
    buying milestone games in 2018 is a clear indicator for stockholm syndrome :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. JayOTT

JayOTT

Ratings:
    +6
    Guess I'll waiting until 2019 for the "Complete Edition" if I want this game then...

12. danczehajek_alt

danczehajek_alt

Ratings:
    +1
    "Arcade off-road racing game", dont know how to feel about that.

13. Sky

Sky
    Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    desperate

14. Duguidon

Duguidon

Ratings:
    +0
    all the games have no follow-up, it's anything, publisher banned for my part

15. Farrow_21

Farrow_21

Ratings:
    +3
    Usually when they bring up DLC before the game even releases you can pretty much guarantee you will not be getting a complete finished product. Not against DLC but it should be long after the title releases as basically an update to keep the game fresh & keep engagement. But instead Most titles are being sold completely unfinished with paid DLC to make the game complete. You are essentially purchasing the game then paying them more to fix/finish the game they were supposed to have sold in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ReZ

ReZ

Ratings:
    +120
    or in milestones case, you pay for DLC that is locked on your harddrive since day 1 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Trimaz

Trimaz

Ratings:
    +39
    Oh, look. Another Milestone game that is guaranteed to disappoint us upon release.

18. apex11

apex11
    Premium

Ratings:
    +324
    I get the hostility but season passes exist, which is simply people paying to have all DLC....
    To just single out milestone is a bit rough.

People get season passes before they even know what DLC is coming is almost worse in a way...