• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Milestone Gravel Game - New Screenshots Released

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,319
    Gravel Preview 3.jpg
    Milestone have released some new images from the upcoming Gravel videogame, perfectly showcasing the impressive visuals of the new title..

Recently delayed from the proposed late 2017 release, the new arcade racer from Milestone has been a little slow out of the blocks following its initial public announcement back in March. However with the studio now on the final development push, more and more information has been slowly trickling out of the Italian game devs.

Pitched firmly at the arcade side of the genre, Gravel appears to be something of a cross between the Forza Horizon series and the ever popular Sega Rally from the late 1990's. Set in scenic locations around the world and given various high performance toys to play with, the new racing game from Milestone looks likely to provide plenty of high speed action once it finally hits the public arena in 2018.

Using Unreal 4 as a base game engine plus an array of official manufacturer licences, Milestone could well be on to a good thing with Gravel, giving the all important casual racer demographic another viable alternative from the wealth of mainstream racing games available at present.

If the screenshots are anything to go by, the new title will at the very least provide a visually spectacular treat for those who pick up a copy next year.

About the game:

Gravel is the ultimate off-road experience, an extreme racing game that will let you pull out amazing stunts in the wildest places on the planet! Pure fun, spectacular scenery and no-holds barred competition in many offline and online game modes.

Take part in the wildest show on the Gravel Channel web TV, travel around the world to discover the wide variety of environments and defy the Masters! Enjoy four different disciplines throughout your Career as a star of the off-road racing – Cross Country, Wild Rush, Stadium and Speed cross –and live the driving experience with the most powerful vehicles on any type of terrain.

Cross Country
    Huge areas with different layouts, perfect for competing in checkpoint races in the most evocative landscapes. Run through a waterfall with the aurora borealis as backdrop or try the right grip in the largest deserts in the world

Wild Rush
    The wildest locations where you can compete in lap races. Unique environments with natural obstacles that will force you to race your way through the slopes of a mountain, on paradise islands, and through masses of debris and quarry rocks.

Speed Cross
    Races set in the most beautiful tracks in the world. Real-world tracks, from Europe to America, where you can show your skills in incredible jumps and chicanes.

Stadium Circuit
    Real and fictional arenas, full of jumps and spectacular layouts!

Gravel is scheduled to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC during 2018.

Gravel Preview 1.jpg Gravel Preview 2.jpg

Check out the 'Other Racing Games' sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more discussion on Gravel and many other racing titles across both console and PC.

Looking forward to Gravel? Do you think the game will be a success for Milestone? Interested in seeing how Unreal 4 works in a car racing game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. TheMrSuperShotJay

TheMrSuperShotJay
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2
    Not sure about the whole arcade style but i might give it a try, cant see it being a massive success though! Also it will be interesting to see how the physics are, I'm not sure what to expect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. xXaXiXx

xXaXiXx

Ratings:
    +28
    DiRT Copy where

• Haha Haha x 2
  4. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +48
    Will play it, also love SBK, MOTOGP and old WRC series .....:thumbsup:

5. Chobonator

Chobonator
    Banned

Ratings:
    +114
    Hopefully some decent AA this time, MXGP3 is rough.

6. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    If only Milestone would actually support their games after release. They start off so promising...

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. @apocapollo

@apocapollo

Ratings:
    +75
    I've got my eye on this title. Back during the Playstation 2 days, there was a first party franchise called ATV Offroad Fury. It had four mainline releases. The fourth one in particular was great - it added trucks and buggies, had very imaginative stadium style, national, freestyle, and cross country multi-route racing. Gravel reminds me a lot of that game.

The world building was also kinda dorky - a lot like Gravel.

8. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +26
    Looks like a fun game where you roam around wide open offroad tracks.

9. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +77
    Screamer Rally 2. Sort of!

10. DriftMachine

DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +9
    Pretty much. The worst part about it is not one of their games support my rig.

• Wow Wow x 1
  11. er185

er185

Ratings:
    +6