1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mikk Mix GT3 Mod TESTING THREAD

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Nox, May 20, 2014.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Hi all,

Want better GT cars in the race club? Want to race LMP cars? Multi-class endurance style races? Then I need your help!

So, @Quickmikk2 did some converting and provided us with this. There's more cars, including some prototypes etc. For some, the BES mod we're currently using in the race clubs isn't quite up to scratch. So this thread is to do some testing of the Mikk Mix mod and see if it works for everybody, and generally whether we should be using this instead of the BES one.

I'm no expert, so I need help! Please download the mod, install it. I suggest you create a NEW INSTALL exclusively for this mod! That will remove any issues that are caused with other mods interfering and we all know what we're working with.

I'd appreciate feedback on any issues you encounter, how you think the cars handle (all classes), etc. if it works fine for you, and if you think it's worth racing in the GSC club instead of the BES mod. I've so far driven a little with all the cars under the 'ADAC GT Masters' tab, and they feel good to me, tire temps seem normal, etc and the sounds are amazing. If this mod is good, I don't see why we can't try some multi class GT/prototype club races...

Download: http://bit.ly/MEGAMIKK
    Open the folder called "MIKKMIX_SERVER_GT3" and download the folder from inside there.
    NOTE: When you download it, you don't need to download the track pack if you don't want it. The mod works fine without it.

Take it away, folks!

2. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

I will try to test this out tonight (not that I have a clue what I am really testing or doing :) )

Will there be a server put up for this? Maybe we can have a test night just doing practice runs, etc

3. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

If we get past the initial testing and people think it's worth testing even further then yes, I'll likely pop a test server up and arrange a night where everyone can help out.

Testing just means installing it, using it, reporting any issues you have. For example, with the BES mod some people had really high tire temps. Some people had to make changes to make the FFB feel right. Some people had issues with the dashboard of some cars, Others found the Ferrari caused glitches unless detail was on high. etc etc etc And above all I want to know if you think it's fun so we can use it in the clubs over the BES mod.

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Had some wierd times unpacking with winzip
    found winrar and 7 zip worked best..
    still get the odd error unpacking the tracks but the cars unpacked ok.

5. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Most of this mod is a well known Endurance rfactor mod with some added cars. I have the original mod converted myself and have not had any problems yet. I had to redo the car classes as per Fernando's instructions.

So far in my conversion in terms of performance the cars seem pretty close in each class, so in theory they should be o.k for MP racing.

You will probably need to adjust the realfeel values which unless the descriptions (in the .veh file) for each car/car class have been standardised then it can get a bit messy but doable.

6. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Any chance you could share the class changes you made so we all don't have to do it manually? :) Assuming you're using this mod, and not one you did by yourself. Not sure if the Mikk conversion already took care of some of this FFB for example (another thing I need to check).

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  7. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Okay my results so far after quite a bit of testing. I am aware that this seems to be a well known mod that has been converted, however it'd be foolish of me not to test it thoroughly in GSC before getting all the non-testing race club members to download and install it and before we used it in the clubs.

I'm going through each car one by one, seeing if there are any notable issues, etc. I'm not through all of them yet, it'll take time as there are so many but I have done a crap load of them today and yesterday.

Some of these issues may be nothing and maybe will amount to nothing of worth, but I'm taking the liberty of noting everything down.

So:

1. ADAC GTMasters Chevrolet Camaro GT3 - Not a big problem, more just pointing it out that the mirrors seem a bit skewed. Still functional.

2. BMW z4 GT3 SE (It's own class) - I had to invert my FFB settings.

3. McLaren MP4-12C GT3 (It's own class) - I had to invert my FFB settings.

4. Endurance Series -> GT2 -> Aston Martin V8 Vantage - I had some slight glitches on the hood when viewing it from external camera. It wasn't a very big issue, and it only happened once. I mention it in case others come across it too.

5. Endurance Series -> GT2 -> Panoz Abruzzi - not a bug really, just a note that the visibility from inside the cockpit is really awful. I haven't checked if you can move your seat up a bit.

6. GT -> Endurance Series -> LMPC -> Oreca FLM09 - When accelerating the sounds are deafening. When on brakes, the sounds are normal. I mean this as a bug in sound levels, not just that the car makes noise :-D

7. GT -> Endurance Series -> P1 -> Acura ARX-02 - I had to invert my FFB settings.

That's it for now.

8. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Hi Andrew

Just checked the .veh files all have a individual description for each car and each team, so each car you drive will create a realfeel entry which will probably need adjusting.

This looks like it is various mods put together, which is fine but that is why the FFB is -100 to +100 depends on the mod.

Fernando Zart posted these in his thread on conversions for the ffb values but as i said each car of every team of driver will need adjusting.:geek:

[ESGT1]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2400.000000
    SteeringDamper=11500.000000
    FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
    SmoothingLevel=0

[ESGT2]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2400.000000
    SmoothingLevel=0

[ES_P1]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2700.000000
    SmoothingLevel=0

[ES_P2]
    SmoothingLevel=0

[ESLMP]
    SmoothingLevel=0

It has took me hours to change all the decriptions and classes so they are tidied up with only one FFB entry per class and only one class per race. I would say this mod needs a bit of work yet for it to be easy use. :)

I know Fernando has done similar to me but i doubt we would be allowed a public release.

9. I've tried out the Audi R15 in the LMP cars. I liked its handling:). I think I probably had to invert its ffb.

10. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Thanks Paul, I'll have to take a look. Never fiddled with that before, so it's a bit daunting :/ I'll give it a go. I appreciate the help you've given :thumbsup:

11. I've been trying to download some of these files from the link in Andrew's post at the top. I keep getting a "Temporary error, retrying" message after, say, 10% or 25% of it has downloaded. I've used Chrome, Firefox, and three different PCs.

12. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Might be they are having some server issue. Not sure. If it persists I'll see what I can do about hosting it elsewhere or something.

13. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Same here. Tried the whole night without any luck

14. I've now downloaded the MegaDownloader software and I'm using it. It seems to be going well. It is a heck of a lot faster - I was downloading at about 1Mb/sec in Chrome; but with this MegaDownloader software, it's coming at 6 or 7Mb/sec. Holy mackerel!

EDIT: I'll let you know how it goes. So far, it's going fast but all the files are being downloaded without being organised into their folders, and I'm getting lots and lots of error messages "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  15. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer
    Premium Member

Hello testers,

I,ve updated yesterday, please use the mod and locations folder to download the whole thing, the sync folder is just for missing files.

Cu later, greetings from Mikk

Still at work...

16. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Hi! What were the updates? :)

17. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer
    Premium Member

Bit.ly/MEGAMIKK

Folder GSCE Mikk Mod and Locations from 20.05.2014

:thumbsup:

18. Yup, well it looked like this might happen, as I mentioned above: I've now got a folder with 5268 files in it. That'll keep me busy!

Anyway, after that, I saw QuickMikk2's post above, so this time I just downloaded within Chrome ( the mod and locations folders as he suggests) and it's downloaded fine, no errors. I'm unzipping it now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Same here. Downloaded in a matter of minutes with no issues

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

My testing so far tells me there's some stuff that's sort of duplicate. For example, if we run GT there's no need to have the separate solo install of the Audi LMS GT, the BMW Z4 or McLaren MP4-12C because those cars are already available in the ADAC GT mod and the BES mod also included in the mix. (Not at all saying not to have them, just that for club races I doubt we need all those repeats of the same cars). Or, am I misunderstanding and they aren't the same?

In the mod (there may be more, I've not completely tested it all yet):
    ADAC GTMasters
    BES
    Endurance
    GT2
    GT3
    Audi R8 LMS GT3
    BMW Z4 GT3 SE
    McLaren MP4-12C