Mid-Week Club events poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
After the summer-break (end-July / August) I would like to organize mid-week Race events if people like to join.

So far I have the following Days available for such events:
Mondays
Tuesdays
Wednesdays

I think about a start time aroud 18.30 GMT (and when daylight saving is shifting one hour later).

What I like to hear from you, iRacing drivers.

Yes or No
If Yes, which Day suits you best. Every week or once every two weeks?
What format do you like to run. Every week a different event or stick to one car for a while on various tracks?

Your input is highly appreciated.
*Please only reply if you are seriously interested*

[Edit] Read post #19 for proposal info

Just asking because I dont know. Maybe I missed something. Are the mid week racing pretty much geared to European drivers? From the times suggested that I have seen most of us US drivers are still at work. Certainly thats ok if it is and I will just not look to be involved in mid week stuff here im just curious so I know.

Thanks for putting this together either way.

I had already volunteered to set up duplicate events if the times weren't amenable to American continent racers if RD doesn't object. Unfortunately mid week it is not possible to get everyone in a single event without missing work or sleep. As of now, it looks like 4 from the US have posted in this thread, but at the per-race price, I can certainly set up races for a few weeks & see if more appear.

I was thinking of:
9:00 EDT/6:00 PDT - Practice
9:45 EDT/6:45 PDT - Qualify
10:00 EDT/7:00 PDT - Race ( I don't think they allow for a warmup presently)

All times "-ish". Everyone has to be on before Qually, so that's really the time to set things by.

I had already volunteered to set up duplicate events if the times weren't amenable to American continent racers if RD doesn't object. Unfortunately mid week it is not possible to get everyone in a single event without missing work or sleep. As of now, it looks like 4 from the US have posted in this thread, but at the per-race price, I can certainly set up races for a few weeks & see if more appear.

I was thinking of:
9:00 EDT/6:00 PDT - Practice
9:45 EDT/6:45 PDT - Qualify
10:00 EDT/7:00 PDT - Race ( I don't think they allow for a warmup presently)

All times "-ish". Everyone has to be on before Qually, so that's really the time to set things by.

I'm on board.

I have this proposal in mind and can use your input guys!

- Every week on Monday night Oval racing (mostly nascar types of cars, but now and again throw in the Dallara Indycar).
- Every week on Tuesday night Road racing (completely free format, fun is the only thing that matters; so it could be from mixed class to cup racing to banger racing!).
- Every week on Wednesday night Road racing (completely free format, fun is the only thing that matters; so it could be from mixed class to cup racing to banger racing!).

It will all be mid-length events, around 45 race sessions with this time-schedule:
- Practice start around 19.00GMT (40 mins)
- Qualify around 19.40GMT (15 mins Open Qualify)
- Warmup 5 mins
- Race around 20.00GMT (45 mins)

All hosted sessions will initially set to 2hours max. We are able to start from next week on!

Feedback for this proposal is appreciated!
Also I like to know what format (car(s), tracks, type of event) you want on for the next weeks. I will be away till end of July so I need to set things up beforehand!
(In case of Oval, also mention the best way to set the Fast Tows/Caution/Restarts)

[Edit] To All: Make sure you keep this sheet up to date. Makes planning a lot easier!

You can put me down for the Mondays (oval) please :D,the times are OK by me and any car will do

What about maybe.....

Mon - Oval
Tue - Road or Oval
Wed - Road

The Tue then becomes whatever we fancy each week, and maybe something a little different like MX-5's @ Bristol or Legends @ Lime Rock type of meets. Something away from the norm to mix it up and have some fun.

The other two nights scheduled remain true to their Oval/Road intentions.

Just my two-penneth.

Cool yes I did see that you offered that Eric. That is very nice of you and I certainly thank you for that offer. I was just asking about the midweek stuff out of curiousity and certainly no disrespect or feeling of being entitled to US midweek races.

I would for sure be interested on the nights I can swing it and help any way I can.

and maybe something a little different like MX-5's @ Bristol or Legends @ Lime Rock type of meets. Something away from the norm to mix it up and have some fun.

Chevy Monte Carlo SS. A must-have on the schedule if we mix it up :) Tried it so far on Okayama and Brands Hatch Indy, was great on both tracks. Turns in really well, and easy to slide out of corners. I enjoy this car more on road course than on short track ovals!

I still need proposals for the upcoming weeks:

Week 26:
  • Monday June 27th (Oval): <car> @ <track>
  • Tuesday June 28th (?) : <car(s)> @ <track>
  • Wednesday June 29th (Road): <car> @ <track>
Week 27:

• Monday July 4th (Oval): <car> @ <track>
  • Tuesday July 5th (?) : <car(s)> @ <track>
  • Wednesday July 6th (Road): <car> @ <track>
Week 28:

• Monday July 11th (Oval): <car> @ <track>
  • Tuesday July 12th (?) : <car(s)> @ <track>
  • Wednesday July 13th (Road): <car> @ <track>
Week 29:

• Monday July 18th (Oval): <car> @ <track>
  • Tuesday July 19th (?) : <car(s)> @ <track>
  • Wednesday July 20th (Road): <car> @ <track>

Your input to make this happen is needed :) Just copy this post forwards and fill in your idea(s).

Week 26:
  • Monday June 27th (Oval): <Silverado> @ <Michigan>
  • Tuesday June 28th (?) : <Mustang/Vette/Riley> @ <Watkins Glen Classic boot>
  • Wednesday June 29th (Road): <Indy> @ <Road Atlanta>
Week 27:
  • Monday July 4th (Oval): <Silverado> @ <Las Vegas>
  • Tuesday July 5th (?) : <Vette/Mustang/MX5> @ <Spa>
  • Wednesday July 6th (Road): <Radical> @ <Road America>
no proposal from my side for weeks 28 and 29 since I won´t be able to join

Just throwing out some Ideas - Really preferred in bold
Any oval/? day:

Dallara at Charlotte Oval (Most have Dallara and everyone has Charlotte)
Late Model at Bristol or Richmond
SM at Richmond (this is a standard SM series race)
Trucks at Daytona Oval

Skippy at any Summit Point course
Dallara at WG GP or Road America
Skippy or SM at Mid-Ohio
Late Model at WG-NASCAR or BH-Indy
MX-5 at VIR - only because I've actually done this IRL and it was a blast.

Former US-GP races: Williams at Indy-RC or WG-Classic Boot
or Lotus 79 at WG-Classic Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back